Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Harper Row....

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Really? Four Robins later we want to put the kibosh on a revolving Robin policy? I hate to burst people's bubble, but that's exactly what we've had from the moment Dick retired the role and became Nightwing. The tone was set a long time ago, why is it only a problem now?
    Bit late in the day for people to complain about this now & anyway is it that terrible that Robin does change every so often.

I was looking for "Harper Row Robin designs" on Google and came across this article on MTV Geek, which I don't remember seeing here

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Snyder
    "I feel badly that everybody is assuming that just because she's there right afterwards, that we're trying to position her as the new Robin. But I can tell you honestly, everybody reading this…she's not designed to be Robin."

and

"...what the creation of Harper Row was really about was creating a lens for me personally that I could relate to in Gotham, that would be like, a kid, or somebody struggling, as a young person, you're trying to make ends meet, you're in this place that's really tough, nobody believes in you and you have this incredible superhero in town that's doing these things that inspire you."
    Interesting. And I'm glad he's building her as a character in her own right and not just the Next Robin. But then again, it's a Snyder interview, the guy says alot of things

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    I was looking for "Harper Row Robin designs" on Google and came across this article on MTV Geek, which I don't remember seeing here

Interesting. And I'm glad he's building her as a character in her own right and not just the Next Robin. But then again, it's a Snyder interview, the guy says alot of things
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purplerobin_zps9c7c5855.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	110668

purple robin hair
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Perhaps given both her personality and intelligence Harper Row is the future child of Stephanie and Tim, stolen away as a baby and sent back in time to become the next Robin with out knowing who she really is.

I hate to say it but even Snyder said that Harper wasn't made to be the new Robin, which now makes me wonder, why make the character at all if she's not going to play a huge part in the mythos of Batman ?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=44568

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Perhaps given both her personality and intelligence Harper Row is the future child of Stephanie and Tim, stolen away as a baby and sent back in time to become the next Robin with out knowing who she really is.
    She's actually Wally West.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    I hate to say it but even Snyder said that Harper wasn't made to be the new Robin, which now makes me wonder, why make the character at all if she's not going to play a huge part in the mythos of Batman ?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=44568
    Misdirection?

i'm going to go with my statement back in the issue 18 thread and point out that considering harper's apparent obsession with bats (she was stalking him loong before he went off the grief induced deep end) and how not-hard it is to find similarites between her view of batman as something more than human and joker's complete disregard/refusal to aknowledge what's under the cowl makes me think bruce is eventually going to do what he always does with his followers and pushes her away one to many times; right into the arms of a joker needing a new sidekick (sicne harley seems to have properly rebelled this time)

in short; she's Zoom in motivation, that suspiously-simialr-substitute for dick that showed up before jason and turned out to be evil in role and joker's daughter by future mantle. and it's in keeping with her role as the voice of gotham; because no matter what alan, bruce or any other gotham hero did for the city; it will ALWAYS betray them in the end.

I just finished Batman #18 and I couldn't help compare the commentary of Harper with Drake's in 'A lonely place of dying' (i.e. Batman pushing himself too far, being overly aggressive with petty criminals, getting sloppy with said petty criminals, etc) As much as I would prefer to see Harper as a nu52 'Oracle,' I think she's well on her way to being the new Robin. Although, since Snyder is setting up a year long arc in the past (Zero Year) we may not see a new Robin for quite some time. Unless she (or he I guess) is introduced in the Batman and Robin title or possibly Detective comics (which I doubt.) Anyways, that's my thoughts on the subject.
    ... it would be far easier to consider this a dream. But how can I? For in my hand... I hold the Bat-radia. And I... I am the Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baked Batman View Post
    I just finished Batman #18 and I couldn't help compare the commentary of Harper with Drake's in 'A lonely place of dying' (i.e. Batman pushing himself too far, being overly aggressive with petty criminals, getting sloppy with said petty criminals, etc) As much as I would prefer to see Harper as a nu52 'Oracle,' I think she's well on her way to being the new Robin. Although, since Snyder is setting up a year long arc in the past (Zero Year) we may not see a new Robin for quite some time. Unless she (or he I guess) is introduced in the Batman and Robin title or possibly Detective comics (which I doubt.) Anyways, that's my thoughts on the subject.
    Harper Row seems so designed to be the next Robin that it could be misdirection of some kind. I think that the best way for Batman to discourage her within the context of the story would be to team up with an experienced female partner for a time, whether that be the current Batgirl or bringing Cass or Steph out of limbo whether that would be as Robin or a different identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebow View Post
    Harper Row seems so designed to be the next Robin that it could be misdirection of some kind. I think that the best way for Batman to discourage her within the context of the story would be to team up with an experienced female partner for a time, whether that be the current Batgirl or bringing Cass or Steph out of limbo whether that would be as Robin or a different identity.

I'm hoping for the Squire to come along as the next Robin. I can see Morrison setting it up for that since he killed off the Knight (and in such a heartbreaking way in front of Squire.)
    ... it would be far easier to consider this a dream. But how can I? For in my hand... I hold the Bat-radia. And I... I am the Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baked Batman View Post
    I'm hoping for the Squire to come along as the next Robin. I can see Morrison setting it up for that since he killed off the Knight (and in such a heartbreaking way in front of Squire.)
    That would have been interesting, but she has just become the Knight herself. Perhaps it was just misdirection about who will be the next Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Murrocko View Post
    There's something about Harper that I just can't stand and I have no clue what it is exactly, but after her first appearance, whenever's there's a panel with her in it, I just cringe.. with the exception of Batman straight punching her through a fence.
    Classic!

She's the girl with the Batman tattoo, and the cringe-worthy, sickening, modern trend towards hyper political correctness in microcosm.
    Last edited by ElMacho; 03-30-2013 at 04:15 PM.