View Poll Results: What did you think of UXM #24?

Voters
52. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

39 75.00%
  • Good. I like where this story is going.

12 23.08%
  • Meh. Not great, but I didn't hate it.

1 1.92%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. I wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

What a week to be an Ultimate Comics fan!!

Mr I, Vampire taking over The Ultimates, a great start to the Wolverine mini with Quicksilver's shock appearance and now an issue of Ultimate X-Men where Wood outshines all his previous ones, if that's at all possible.

Kitty's conversation with Storm felt great and much needed, Karen for the first time showing a bit of emotion whilst she wrestles with the decision to be referred to as Jean Grey, which gave me goosebumps and then the silent sequence with Mach Two which conveyed so much with so little!! Giddy :D
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

This is probably my favourite (maybe even the best) issue of Ultimate Comics: X-Men I've read so far!

Maybe it was the art, or the way the characters interacted, or even the progression of the story and the little twists and turns throughout - but from start to finish, there was something to enjoy. Things are developing so well and everything seemed really well paced in this issue, to the point where everything felt so natural. Also, that scene between Psylocke and Warpath ... so well done.
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

Like I've said, this is why the Tian part of the story has to be reserved for Ultimate X-Men not Ultimates. The big question as far as Tian goes is why wouldn't any rational person flee to a sanctuary with cities that are literally floating in the sky as opposed to what used to be barren territory of the Ultimates United States in the middle of hostile forces.

It would appear we are about to get these answers.

Finally Jean Grey is going by her real name of Jean Grey now!!! I've been waiting for like a year, or over a year for that. Ultimate Comics: X-Men #24 delivered the goods. One good is that Jean Grey is ****#@!$$$(*&^%$$@$$%%##$%^##**** Jean Grey again...GOSH ____Fill in the blank____ IT!!!

James Hudson is a bad ass name for Jimmy Hudson. He sounds like a kick ass super hero with that name. I endorse that!!!

Psylocke being back still kicks absolute ass too!!! I'm looking forward to seeing what the explaination for her return will be.

Ultimate Comics: X-Men #24 was awsome...I SWEAR!!!
    Last edited by _Pandora_; 03-14-2013 at 02:56 AM. Reason: I EDITED THIS POST TO MAKE IT MORE KICK ASS!!! I SWEAR!!! I ALSO USED "ALL CAPS" FOR THE "REASON FOR EDITING" EXPLAINATION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    @Plawsky, quick question for you. Why did you rank this book as great even though it was all set up, but you only gave Wolverine a "good" rating? Your reviews of the two books seemed similar so I'm curious as to what put X-Men over the top.
    A few reasons really.

One is that I'm not sure where UWolverine is going, so it's kind of a hesitancy thing; with Wood, however, I've gained plenty of reasons to trust that his set up will pay off.

Also, as far as set up goes, I thought this story looks a lot more interesting than the one in Wolverine. Not that Bunn's story doesn't look interesting, it's just not at the level this one is.

But mostly, it was for the character moments. UXM's plot might have been entirely setup, but the characters got a ton of focus. The conversation between Kitty/Storm and the silent scene with Nomi really took it to the next level. Also, the art was a lot better in this issue, but mostly it was the writing.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

On Vacation

Yah I have to agree. I just got reading it and wow the art work was amazing. You were right about it being similar to Stuart Immonen I just wish the coloring tone was a little different. A lot of yellow it seems but it's not that distracting. The story was pure fangasm. All the little interactions were fun. Warpath or Muscle whatever he calls himself is kind of ironic compared to his 616 version. His 616 version I think communes with nature and spirits but this one just destroys it. I can't wait for what's in store for us. Also Panda armor is freaking cute.

BANNED

I just got round to reading this. And was in AWE. Brian Wood has officially become my favourite ever X-Men writer.

This issue was AMAZING. This has got to be the best single issue I've read this year. It was literally a wonderful read. Absolutely superb. 10/10

I bet Wood had a great time writing this, the way he throws in lots of interesting ideas surrounding Utopia development into a beautiful mutant home. It was a great way to start the arc. I LOVE the emphases on their production of resources whilst expanding their ability to sustain their needs. Every word detailing the development of Utopia is amazing, and I just can't get enough of it. It's that same electric feeling I got when I read the start of Hickman's UC:TU #2 with the development of The City and it's Children. IMO there's nothing more interesting in a story than a rich, detailed environment that I have never known before. A whole bunch of new characters are introduced, and simply by giving them very little page time, it becomes an absolute delight to see this*new mutant society grow so vast and powerful. Wood talks about everything I feared he wouldn't. He talks about their mineral supply and their ability to live off the land.

And Jimmy Hudson actually seems kind of cool. Seriously. I'm not joking.

I'm so happy he's called James now and not Jimmy. I've been gunning for that since the start of Spencer's run.

I'm not all that familiar of the old Psylocke, but this Psylocke is great. I love her character. Nomi's team are now really, really interesting and I can't wait to see more of them. And it's Wood's characterisation that's making this one of the best books being sold right now. I could read this forever and ever and ever. Even if the plot was to suddenly stop developing, the development of the characters alone would be enough to keep me reading.

Then we got another look at Tian and it's mistress, Jean Grey. So far I like what I'm reading about her. She's going to infiltrate Utopia under a completely new identity within the next couple of issues, and it's going to be awesome. Jean also got a full page spread, and she looks stunning, absolutely beautiful. I am completely under her spell. She's got to be one best looking characters in comics. Asrar is becoming one of my favourite all-time artists. He makes the characters look very real. Some of them are really attractive, simply because they are attractive people, but they look a lot more realistic with him drawing them. Also, the female character's breasts seem a more realistic size. The girls look natural, and they're all the more prettier because of it. Jimmy looks good too. I like his haircut.

I liked that we got an insight into Utopia's enemy. The book needed this, and it's great that we got something about them in the first issue of the arc.
    @sage6paths - I think you're right about them being the Kratos Club. Good call.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 03-17-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post

I liked that we got an insight into Utopia's enemy. The book needed this, and it's great that we got something about them in the first issue of the arc.
    @sage6paths - I think you're right about them being the Kratos Club. Good call.
    Say what? The Kratos Club seem hardly to be restricted to the United States, they're more about controlling the entire world.

Man, good book. Wood is just a phenomenal X-Men writer. His run reminds me of Mike Carey's Supernovas arc in a lot of ways, in that he has supplemented his roster with a ton of really cool B and C listers, giving him plenty of material to work with while simultaneously creating a team that's SUPER fun to read about. What's even cooler is that this title is awesome even without the support of an expanded X-Universe at large, which I think really speaks to Wood's talent as an X-Writer. Loving every minute.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

I like how Psylocke is so evil. And smart. She is letting Nomi "be in charge",while Psylocke manipulates everyone, so that when sh*t hits the fan Nomi will take the fall, not her. But this does sort of contradict Wood's statement when he first introduced her and everyone started pointing out that she's supposed to be dead: He said "To even call Psylocke a minor character is a bit of a stretch", at which point some of us just shrugged off her return because she wasn't going to be doing anything major anyway... however she's actually doing quite a bit. But then again, the solicits for the next few issues do promise to give us some answers so maybe Wood is now bringing her upfront since she'll be coming with some backstory.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Say what? The Kratos Club seem hardly to be restricted to the United States, they're more about controlling the entire world.
    Why not start with a super power of the world, the USA? Especially considering how it's been falling apart lately.

Also.. aren't you forgetting the Federal Reserve? If they get control of that, they certainly almost would control the entire world.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Why not start with a super power of the world, the USA? Especially considering how it's been falling apart lately.

Also.. aren't you forgetting the Federal Reserve? If they get control of that, they certainly almost would control the entire world.
    Even before much of the problems began that they didn't seem to directly cause, they basically DID control the world. I thought they already owned something like 9% of all the world's wealth? They also inflicted the worst punking Ultimate Stark has ever experienced by a mile telling him they did control the world, and he never seemed to even have a reply.

Obviously it is totally possible the Kratos Club is behind the newest plot against the mutants and would be a nice twist. However it seems to me the subtext is once again these people are greedy imperialistic false patriots who will once again lead their country to further ruin.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Even before much of the problems began that they didn't seem to directly cause, they basically DID control the world. I thought they already owned something like 9% of all the world's wealth? They also inflicted the worst punking Ultimate Stark has ever experienced by a mile telling him they did control the world, and he never seemed to even have a reply.

Obviously it is totally possible the Kratos Club is behind the newest plot against the mutants and would be a nice twist. However it seems to me the subtext is once again these people are greedy imperialistic false patriots who will once again lead their country to further ruin.
    I do question on how "greedy imperialistic false patriots" were able to reverse the sentient seed in less then 5 days was it? This group seems to have a lot of resources on it's command and it looks like a lot of people are in on it. My theory is that the Kratos club has expanded and that these people are just a small section devoted to a certain area. But I can't really tell or not if it is the Kratos Club because Tony never quit I believe and they never got rid of him. So Tony should have known what was there plan all along.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I do question on how "greedy imperialistic false patriots" were able to reverse the sentient seed in less then 5 days was it? This group seems to have a lot of resources on it's command and it looks like a lot of people are in on it. My theory is that the Kratos club has expanded and that these people are just a small section devoted to a certain area. But I can't really tell or not if it is the Kratos Club because Tony never quit I believe and they never got rid of him. So Tony should have known what was there plan all along.
    Now that I think about it, Kratos Club makes a lot of sense for many things, such as explaining why some of the tech hasn't quite filtered down to the ordinary person (other than when Hydra obtains various items in the recently concluded civil war). The Kratos Club to maintain their monopoly simply sabotages anything that would really change the life of the world in general for the better.

Why is Jean Grey referred to as Karen?