Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marvel, Feld Developing Live-Action Arena Show

Marvel Entertainment has signed a deal with Feld Entertainment Inc., the producers of Disney on Ice and Rung Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, to develop a live-action arena show featuring Marvel super heroes and villains.

Full article here.

yes!!!!!!!!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Marvel Entertainment has signed a deal with Feld Entertainment Inc., the producers of Disney on Ice and Rung Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, to develop a live-action arena show featuring Marvel super heroes and villains.

Full article here.
    something cool for the kids, families, that's good. But I'm sure the comments bashing the outfits are around the corner, lol.
    there should be a wide array of heroes involved- spider-man, wolverine, capt. america, iron man, hulk, storm, black widow, etc.

It will be silly but fun.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Default MCU: Arena Live

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    something cool for the kids, families, that's good. But I'm sure the comments bashing the outfits are around the corner, lol.
    there should be a wide array of heroes involved- spider-man, wolverine, capt. america, iron man, hulk, storm, black widow, etc.
    My understanding here is that part of the premise of the comic is former Avenger Academy members fighting to the death.What a concept to hang a live Disney/Marvel show on.A lot more wrong here than bashing costumes.Children killing children.Another extension of WWE unrestrained Male rage and psychosis as entertainment.Why don't they buy the rights to Bedlam and put that out there as a Disney show?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    My understanding here is that part of the premise of the comic is former Avenger Academy members fighting to the death.What a concept to hang a live Disney/Marvel show on.A lot more wrong here than bashing costumes.Children killing children.Another extension of WWE unrestrained Male rage and psychosis as entertainment.Why don't they buy the rights to Bedlam and put that out there as a Disney show?
    ..........Say what?

BANNED

...I'm gonna facepalm if it's called Avengers Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    ...I'm gonna facepalm if it's called Avengers Arena.
    Ironic but I doubt so. Marvel bash?

The title of the thread is already confusing people. Murderworld on ice, if only.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Mal
    "That’s why I need Ruby Quartz glasses, ’Cause when I glance there’s a chance I might blast the masses" - Evidence

I think people need to read the article before commenting.

LOL you may want to actually read the article.

This could be good, if well done.

I saw "Batman LIVE" back in winter 2011 (it was traveling through Europe, and I happened to be Geneva the same week it was; how could I not go?) That show was kind of like Cirque du Soleil, with a lot of circus-type entertainment (weird costumed dancing, acrobats, ribbon dancers, etc.) with all the costumes and art as Batman themed. Convenient, though, that Robin's origin is from the circus, and that's the story it told (the death of the Amazing Graysons, Dick becoming Bruce Wayne's ward, Batman fights various elaborate criminals, Robin joins in, etc.)

There was dialogue, like any stage show, but it was pre-recorded and the actors lip-synched to it so that they could focus on their stunts and what-not (also: the Geneva show was French, but it was the US cast).

So I'm looking forward to seeing this kind of show for Marvel. Hopefully it travels around, so I'll have the opportunity to see it.

Sounds interesting, if it's done right. The real question is whether the show would focus on a specific group of heroes or hero - Spidey, Avengers, X-Men - or try to include as many teams as possible. Doctor Doom would make for a great main villain with a nice selection of Marvel baddies which would be impressive on stage like say Doctor Octopus, Ultron, Loki or Magneto. Maybe use either the Cosmic Cube/Tesseract or the Infinity Guantlet as the focus of the storyline.

Would be nice to take my kids (when I have them) in the future.

Did you actually read the article? It's called an arena show because it's presented IN an arena venue.