Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default 10 More Great Female Characters

CSBG's Kelly Thompson previously listed her 20 favorite current female comic book characters. She returns with characters who have impressed in the last year, including Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Storm and more!

Full article here.

Excellent list, but Iíll never understand people who like Maggie more than Hopey.

Also, more She-Hulk.

If we're going for all-time greatest female characters, omitting Tulip O'Hare from Preacher seems like a big oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by sophiagia10 View Post
    Excellent list, but I’ll never understand people who like Maggie more than Hopey.

Also, more She-Hulk.
    Heh, it's cuz Maggie is Nicer.You wouldn't mind having Maggie as a friend/girl friend. Hopey is kind of a handful. I remember an old interview were Jaime said his original plan was to make Hopey really sweet then he thought, "No, make her a bitch. People will be pissed at her, but they'll come back for more."

Quote Originally Posted by sophiagia10 View Post
    Excellent list, but Iíll never understand people who like Maggie more than Hopey.

Also, more She-Hulk.
    Heh, it's cuz Maggie is Nicer.You wouldn't mind having Maggie as a friend/girl friend. Hopey is kind of a handful. I remember an old interview were Jaime said his original plan was to make Hopey really sweet then he thought, "No, make her a bitch. People will be pissed at her, but they'll come back for more."

California, where the serial killers all live

Jenny Sparks. She's sassy. She's sexy. She founded the Authority.

Also, now that Buffy exists in Comicbook land, can we include her? Despite the bitching, she has continued to have more real character development over two seasons (8 and 9) than most female characters get in twice as long a run.

Jenny Sparks, definitely. Especially in Ellis' Stormwatch, where her world-weariness was at its peak.

And some day I hope some of the characters I've created appear on a list like this...

My 10 greatest female characters in no particular order:

Jenny Sparks - fearless leader, brave, outspoken, oddly weird but also charming and always fun to read about.

Storm - as written by Claremont - she was brave, fearless leader, powerful and compassionate, but other writers have not done her justice in the last 10 + years of writing her in Xmen or other comics.

Kitty Pryde - as written by Claremont - brave, outspoken, genius, acted her age (13) when we are introduced to her, but like Storm the writers have not been able to portray her very well since Claremont.

Batgirl (Cassandra Cane) when we first meet her she is unable to speak communicating in other ways; she was brave and fearless - had a lot of potential until the writers decided to magically give her speech.

Oracle - the brains of Birds of Prey, fighting even though forever confined to a wheel chair, compassionate but practical in all things...DC made a mistake by removing her as Oracle and giving making her Batgirl again.

Manhunter (Kate Spencer) - lawyer (DA) turned vigilante and executioner to criminals that escape the justice system - I liked the premise and she was an interesting character as the hard working lawyer (and mother) who was jaded with the legal system.

Black Widow - super spy extraordinary, practical and most of all deadly - when you read her in her own mini-series you can't help but want more.

Katchoo (Katina Choovanski) by Terry Moore - a temperamental and gifted artist with anger management problems and a secret past that haunts her at times, a complex and fun character to read about.

Raven (as written by Wolfman and Perez 1980s New Teen Titan) - a healer but because of her fathers legacy a demon as well, fighting her demonic nature while being a hero.

Elektra (as written by Frank Miller in Daredevil) - the assassin - fearless, deadly - does what is needed to complete the job.

The corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2 Northern Ireland

Here's my list:
    Jenny Sparks
    Jessica Jones
    Powergirl
    Donna Troy
    Mockingbird
    Spidergirl
    Barbara Gordon (as Oracle or Batgirl)
    Jessica Drew
    Huntress
    Death
    *Batwoman (honorable mention)

I've read their books & to me they rule
    RedWinter
    Courage is being scared to death & still saddling up.
    Moving to the corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2