Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comet Man View Post
    This is the perfect answer.

It's not complex; it's Superman.
    It depends on where he captured him. If Supes was angry enough he would punch him or threaten to leave him surrounded by angry Soviet troops. Captain Marvel would totally do the right thing though.

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    It depends on where he captured him. If Supes was angry enough he would punch him or threaten to leave him surrounded by angry Soviet troops. Captain Marvel would totally do the right thing though.
    I believe you, Conway, since you probably know both Superman and the DC Captain Marvel much better than me, since I'm pretty much a DC newbie.

But I really know Captain Mar-Vell, my personal favorite superhero of all time. Before his metamorphosis into the cosmically aware Captain Marvel, he was the silver haired warrior, and he would have either killed Hitler, or beat him almost to death, but after his metamorphosis, he would have merely captured him and turned him over to the authorities unharmed.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comet Man View Post
    I believe you, Conway, since you probably know both Superman and the DC Captain Marvel much better than me, since I'm pretty much a DC newbie.

But I really know Captain Mar-Vell, my personal favorite superhero of all time. Before his metamorphosis into the cosmically aware Captain Marvel, he was the silver haired warrior, and he would have either killed Hitler, or beat him almost to death, but after his metamorphosis, he would have merely captured him and turned him over to the authorities unharmed.
    I was refering to the guy they are calling Shazam! now. DC lost his name in a very long lawsuit. He was the ultimate boy scout.

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Would Superman save Hitler? No. And I'll tell you why. Siegel and Shuster did a piece for Look magazine in which Superman smashes his way into Hitler's retreat and grabs the Nazi (with Hitler saying in protest "Kill the swine! Dont let him touch me!) when Superman grabs Hitler by the throat and then for good measure grabs Stalin and then drops the two off at Geneva Switzerland where they are both informed "Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin - we pronounce you guilty of history's greatest crime!"
    But that's not killing him...directly anyways.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

BANNED

Would Superman reduce the huge repayment forced upon Germany and stop the anexation of the Ruhr Industrial Zone?

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Would Superman save Hitler? No. And I'll tell you why. Siegel and Shuster did a piece for Look magazine in which Superman smashes his way into Hitler's retreat and grabs the Nazi (with Hitler saying in protest "Kill the swine! Dont let him touch me!) when Superman grabs Hitler by the throat and then for good measure grabs Stalin and then drops the two off at Geneva Switzerland where they are both informed "Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin - we pronounce you guilty of history's greatest crime!"
    That proves NOTHING. That simply proves that Superman would have tried to end the war and bring them to justice. As is right, and proper.

It doesn't mean that Superman wouldn't have tried to save Hitler. For instance, I actually believe Golden Age Superman would have saved Hitler from himself, AND the Red Army, in that bunker. He would have dragged him past the soldiers, trough rubble, into daylight, and flown him down to Geneva.

Not necessarily because he thinks Hitler deserves to live, but because he sees that JUSTICE must have it's way, Hitler must be tried and exposed for all of his crimes. Everything laid bare, and on his shoulders. And THEN, if the people will deem him unfit for further existence, he will be hanged.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    This.

I wouldn't....but Superman would. That's what makes him, well, Superman.

Plus, say for an instance, he does allow Hitler to die. Who is to say someone else just as bad, or maybe worse,wouldn't come along? History would be irrevocably altered.

The world Superman would come back to would likely be a different place...possibly better, but possibly worse as well.
    This is actually the plot for the classic and much-loved PC Strategy-game RED ALERT.

Einstein travels back in time, and ERASES Hitler from existence, while he's still trying to become an artist, instead of a politician.

The result? When he returns to the "future"... STALIN!!

The Red Army is marsching all across Europe, and spreading Death and Destruction. And this time, he won't be engaged in a war with Germany, this time... THE WORLD IS *HIS!!*

People ALWAYS, (handily enough...) seems to forget this, that Stalin and Hitler were equally evil, and equally mad. That the two of them are VIRTUALLY indistinguishable, mentally and politically.

Nazism, Soviet-Communism... same SH*T, different name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-gI_pFog0

Golden age Superman walked out of a room filled with gas after he let a munition manufacturer die right in front of him.

People might be surprised about what Superman might have done (or allowed to be done) to Hitler in the first year or so of his adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by jsf View Post
    Golden age Superman walked out of a room filled with gas after he let a munition manufacturer die right in front of him.

People might be surprised about what Superman might have done (or allowed to be done) to Hitler in the first year or so of his adventures.

He also smacked some of Luthor's henchmen into vats of acid.

Well, he would think about it any ways.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

All in all I think Predabot has the right of it in that Clark would want to see Hitler stand trail for his crimes. Clark's not an executioner and while he might be secretly hoping for the death penalty, he wouldnt carry it out himself normally.

I still maintain however, that under certain circumstances Clark, as he is currently being written in the New52, would either allow Hitler to die or, possibly, kill him himself. These would be extreme circumstances, granted. But the possibility exists.