Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wally West in the New 52

So, Kid Flash is finally appearing in the June issue (#21) of The Flash and I was wondering if that issue is a good jumping-on point or is it part of an arc that I have to start at an earlier issue?

SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eironnpua View Post
    So, Kid Flash is finally appearing in the June issue (#21) of The Flash and I was wondering if that issue is a good jumping-on point or is it part of an arc that I have to start at an earlier issue?
    That's not Wally, that's Bart. There's no Wally on the New 52.

That said, I think it's a stand-alone issue, but I'm not 100% certain.

Show me the Wally!!!

OH... Bummer... :|

Quote Originally Posted by eironnpua View Post
    OH... Bummer... :|
    Yeah, tell me about it.
    Although I want Wally as an adult and not a Kid anything.

Bart Allen has been in the DC52 book Teen Titans (and for another bummer that book is nothing like the original Teen Titans either just like Young Justice DCAU is nothing like the original book series with Bart and Konner.) FYI: I highly recommend researching DC52 first before buying into anything if past knowledge is strictly pre-DC52 or TV based. Latest case in point? Look at the just released solicitation for The Creeper. OMG. That Creeper is like a Creeper in name only.
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

Quote Originally Posted by _Pandora_ View Post
    Show me the Wally!!!
    I know you're joking, but for the sake of anyone coming here off of Young Justice DCAU:

Some (kiddie title based on a TV title) book about a future Justice League has one panel with animated Wally and Jay in it.
    The latest Smallville (TV tie in) comic mentions Wally West by name.
    We finally saw Wally again in the second to last Young Justice TV episode (where he reaffirmed he was going back into retirement after that one same episode so I'm not expecting to see him in the show's finale.

That's it since The '90's Flash Retroactive.....TV based appearances.
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

A bit off topic: But I kind of feel that Bart should be using the name "Impulse" seeing as he doesn't seem to have ever met Flash in this continuity and doesn't seem to have any connection to Barry beyond (presumably) being his grandson and as he seems to have amnesia...that's not really a factor is it?

i like Bart with the name and impulse costume better but that is a name given to him so kid flash right now makes more sense.

@kyer- technically Wally in YJ said when this is over which could mean he still is in the finale because the reach are planning a full sale attack on earth which he and Artemis wont sit out.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Some (kiddie title based on a TV title) book about a future Justice League has one panel with animated Wally and Jay in it.
    Kiddie title? lol wut.

You're talking about Justice League Beyond - which is based around the same universe as the classic DC Animated Universe (Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Batman Beyond, Justice League/Unlimited, Zeta Project, Static Shock). It's part of a series of other books - Batman Beyond and Superman Beyond - which are all digital books that alternate publication every week. It continues on from the Batman Beyond TV series along with other Beyond publications directly (There's been like 4 or 4 mini-series related to Batman Beyond, a Superman Beyond #0 one shot, and appearances in other book which 'edge' the DC Universe like in the Superman/Batman Annual #4 before the New 52). A new Flash debuted in a recent release of Justice League Beyond, and she's talking to Bart, Wally, and Jay through the Speed Force. He physically appears in panel once, but he's talking throughout the chapter.

And it's not kiddie title. The DCAU/Beyondiverse is srs business.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Look at the just released solicitation for The Creeper. OMG. That Creeper is like a Creeper in name only.
    that beware the creeper trade isnt the new 52 creeper, i believe it was a vertigo title
    Last edited by TimberBear; 03-12-2013 at 01:34 PM.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by TimberBear View Post
    that beware the creeper trade isnt the new 52 creeper, i believe it was a vertigo title
    Yep, it was a 2003 Vertigo title, "Beware the Creeper" - other characters got the same treatment of "using established DC names for Vertigo publications"

Quote Originally Posted by TimberBear View Post
    You would be correct.
    BB

BANNED

I heard some time ago DC would only bring him back if they got a sponsor.
    Seems they finally managed to do it.

Ugh. I'm going to stop even checking posts for awhile since obviously my head hasn't been 'in the game' ever since parents dropped an emotional A-bomb on the family couple of days ago.

Thought Beyond was a young teen kind of title based on the look of the animation.
    That's a relief about The Creeper.
    That modified pic of ArtFX+ statue is kind of cool. Don't buy the product, but still kind of cool. Thanks for that laugh. Seriously needed it.

By the way, . . .

While on his path to finding the Speed Force Killer, Barry must contend with The Teen Titans! Plus, The Flash meets Kid Flash for the first time!
    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/the-f...1/the-flash-21
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.