Page 50 of 336 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Was I the only one who noticed Jericho talking Faaaaan...............DAAAAN............Gooooooooo through his last bit in the ring, after he did the post-match run-in on Jericho?
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The thing that makes this more likely, i think at least, is that Swagger isn't getting over and the main 3 matches all seem to have obvious finishes, mania needs the surprise.
    More like the feud isn't getting over.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not getting over the segments. Racist villains almost always generate heat in Wrestling, but it's like they went out of their way to tailor make an arch-enemy for Alberto Del Rio and just throw him in a Wrestlemania match. You need a bigger built to get people to care. (And Swagger might be mis-cast in the role) Maybe if there was a slower build with Jack Swagger going after Yoshi Tatsu, Sin Cara, and working his way up the mid-card over the past few months, people would care. Beating up on Ricardo doesn't make someone a villain--I mean everyone Del Rio feuds with beats up on Ricardo...

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not getting over the segments. Racist villains almost always generate heat in Wrestling, but it's like they went out of their way to tailor make an arch-enemy for Alberto Del Rio and just throw him in a Wrestlemania match. You need a bigger built to get people to care. (And Swagger might be mis-cast in the role) Maybe if there was a slower build with Jack Swagger going after Yoshi Tatsu, Sin Cara, and working his way up the mid-card over the past few months, people would care. Beating up on Ricardo doesn't make someone a villain--I mean everyone Del Rio feuds with beats up on Ricardo...
    Yeah that would be if we had midcard storylines which we don't anymore...this was Stephanie's edict when she became head of creative.

2007 Mutant League Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Was I the only one who noticed Jericho talking Faaaaan...............DAAAAN............Gooooooooo through his last bit in the ring, after he did the post-match run-in on Jericho?
    No, it was pretty obvious but it didn't seem Fandango was listening. Jericho kept on trying to get Fandango's attention by grabbing his leg when he had the microphone and was telling him "Don't say anything!" over and over. Then after Fandango said his name Jericho said "Look at me."

I didn't mind it that much because at least Jericho is trying to work with the guy to make him look good and help him for Wrestlemania XXIX. I think Fandango should pay attention to Chris Jericho though, out of anybody I would trust him how to work my character into being a good Heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    No, it was pretty obvious but it didn't seem Fandango was listening. Jericho kept on trying to get Fandango's attention by grabbing his leg when he had the microphone and was telling him "Don't say anything!" over and over. Then after Fandango said his name Jericho said "Look at me."
    I dunno, it seemed like Fandango was following Jericho's (VERY audible) instructions just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I didn't mind it that much because at least Jericho is trying to work with the guy to make him look good and help him for Wrestlemania XXIX. I think Fandango should pay attention to Chris Jericho though, out of anybody I would trust him how to work my character into being a good Heel.
    Oh yeah, I didn't mind it happening at all. That's how the game works, I'm under no illusions there. And you'r right, if there's anyone he should be listening to about how to act with a mic in his hand, it's Jericho.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Fandango beating the shit out of jericho while screaming "say my name" was well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Alberto, not one single time, has been as over as his push in WWE.
    I have no idea why, he can talk, he can wrestle, i don't know why he isn't more over.

I also want to know for whom this guy has performed favours, having his first match be at 'Mania, and getting to work a program with Jericho right out of the gate?!

I also want to know for whom this guy has performed favours, having his first match be at 'Mania, and getting to work a program with Jericho right out of the gate?!
    The Jericho thing makes sense, you want a new guy to have his first match against someone good, and they apprently think shooting him to mania is a good idea.
    I mean, look at the shield, they aren't working with anyone but top guys since the start.

(Not really a) New Member Bryan Rios's Avatar

The Jericho thing makes sense, you want a new guy to have his first match against someone good, and they apprently think shooting him to mania is a good idea.
    I mean, look at the shield, they aren't working with anyone but top guys since the start.
    And somebody who can go from face to heel without having to do a damn thing.

The only thing I don't get with Jericho and Fandango is why they are not playing off Jericho's the Dancing with the Stars stint. It could add another angle to the feud.

The only reason I could see is the WWE doesn't want to play up another show.

I dunno, it seemed like Fandango was following Jericho's (VERY audible) instructions just fine.
    I just didn't know if Jericho didn't want him to say anything at all or just have him pronounce his name and not saying anything after that. The story line itself is pretty much being build around Chris Jericho not saying Fandango's name right so I thought it was good for him to pronounce it "correctly."

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    The only thing I don't get with Jericho and Fandango is why they are not playing off Jericho's the Dancing with the Stars stint. It could add another angle to the feud.

I don't think it would be that good of an idea on the angle for now. It may happen later if the feud is continued after Wrestlemania XXIX but now it's kind of just Fandango making a name for himself. People are already chanting "You can't wrestle!" so they need to take out as much as possible when it comes to the dancing and focus on the wrestling aspect of him and his mic work. I noticed when he did his finisher off the top ropes the second time, I don't know if it was because he wasn't balanced enough, but he didn't do his "dancing signature move" before he jumped off the ropes.

(Not really a) New Member Bryan Rios's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post

I can see a nudge at his stint with the show at Wrestlemania having a little dance off before getting down to the match. For now I agree with Angelo, they need to be working on Fandango's character first.

Alberto, not one single time, has been as over as his push in WWE.
    I have no idea why, he can talk, he can wrestle, i don't know why he isn't more over.
    Before his main event push he was over. Just that when the WWE first gave him the title it was obvious that he's not ready for that kind of push and his heat started to fade
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck