Page 39 of 336 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

If you want to see the direction HHH is going with the WWE, watch NXT. It's the only wrestling show I don't miss each week and I've only skipped one episode to date. For all the crap Hunter gets, I think he has a head for the business and the more he takes over, the better the product will get. They stopped working scripted promos and moved to bullet points recently. Once Bray is called up, I think you'll be enjoying the freedom guys will get.

Take this coming from a person who phases out of WWE shortly after WM season to gear up for the G1 Climax!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-21-2013 at 01:38 PM.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If you want to see the direction HHH is going with the WWE, watch NXT. It's the only wrestling show I don't miss each week and I've only skipped one episode to date. For all the crap Hunter gets, I think he has a head for the business and the more he takes over, the better the product will get. They stopped working scripted promos and moved to bullet points recently. Once Bray is called up, I think you'll be enjoying the freedom guys will get.

Take this coming from a person who phases out of WWE shortly after WM season to gear up for the G1 Climax!
    From what I hear he's all for pushing smaller guys. Years ago I would worry at the prospect of Captain Trips running the company but now I think the company would be better with him incharge. And yes NXT has been the better WWE show as of late.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Given how the shows have been going lately, I'm probably going to stop consistently watching WWE after WrestleMania as well.

It's mostly just that WWE is boring now, and I find that kind of amazing. They've taken something that historically has extremely outlandish characters and concepts, from an undead western mortician, to Hulk Hogan's magical energy from fans, to Stone Cold, and somehow managed to make it a boring product to watch. It's kind of like that new DmC Devil May Cry reboot video game that came out, they managed to take a pizza eating rocket surfing demon ninja turtle and make it boring. Shit like that is hyper disappointing for me as a long time fan of wrestling.

I'm watching WWE out of obligation right now in the hopes that something happens in the closing moments of the Road to WM that reignites my enjoyment of wrestling, but I just don't see that happening. And I have no ambition of sitting through another Summer of Cena, he's reaching Land Before Time tier of title reigns.

I still say WCW going under was the worst thing that happened to WWE.
    To use a comic book reference. WWE took away what was fun and innovative that attracted us to the product and turned it into the bland and predictable piece of crap you see now. Although, like comics, maybe our dislike comes from the fact that we have gotten older and our judgement has become alot different when compared to how we saw Wrestling as a kid. For instance if you were a kid would you enjoy the product that WWE's putting out today?

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    From what I hear he's all for pushing smaller guys. Years ago I would worry at the prospect of Captain Trips running the company but now I think the company would be better with him incharge. And yes NXT has been the better WWE show as of late.
    He pushes the more athletic guys, which tend to be leaner. Big E, The Ascension, Roman, Kruger, Ryan, and a few others are pretty big guys but PAC, Bo, Graves, Grey, Rollins, and some more are athletic but not huge. They also let guys like Ohno and Bray be unique, which has been nice to see.

He pushes the more athletic guys, which tend to be leaner. Big E, The Ascension, Roman, Kruger, Ryan, and a few others are pretty big guys but PAC, Bo, Graves, Grey, Rollins, and some more are athletic but not huge. They also let guys like Ohno and Bray be unique, which has been nice to see.
    That and he would scout women wrestlers with, you know, actual talent. While it did not work out as well as he'd hoped he did play a part in getting Kong in the WWE

There is too much talent in the WWE and TNA for me stop watching either, plus DVR makes everything bearable. I will not be getting Mania though, I will buy the dvd, but the WWE hasnt done a damn thing for me to drop 60 bucks on their product.
    GET WELL GEORGE LOPEZ

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

The beat boxing he's known for? Because that's a largely DJ Kool song.
    Eh, he plays the song himself when he does live shows. And Ed Lover was dancing to that horn riff years before DJ Kool sampled it on Yo! MTV Raps.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    Eh, he plays the song himself when he does live shows. And Ed Lover was dancing to that horn riff years before DJ Kool sampled it on Yo! MTV Raps.
    Yay! You have excellent taste in music my friend.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I've got to admit, if Raw was a HIJOS production, I'd want to hire Doug E. Fresh to do his "Let Me Clear My Throat" bit every week, and have Ed Lover come out to do the Ed Lover dance to it.

hell yes. let ed handle the tweets & touts too so whenever somebody comes with some stupid shit

just wanted to say i don't believe quality of shows=ratings and that i fully believe when HHH is in charge
    athleticism & talent will be pushed over muscle and looks
    quality lengthy matches will become more common than 20min promos & skits
    size will no longer hold a wrestler back
    women will be recruited & pushed based on talent over looks
    new talent will strictly be recruited from our favorite indy feds
    foreign talent will always get a fair shake
    HHH will NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES hog tv time as some sort of authority figure when he's no longer an active wrestler

jeez i almost can't wait for vince to die now considering the HHH-topia that lies ahead.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    hell yes. let ed handle the tweets & touts too so whenever somebody comes with some stupid shit

just wanted to say i don't believe quality of shows=ratings and that i fully believe when HHH is in charge
    athleticism & talent will be pushed over muscle and looks
    quality lengthy matches will become more common than 20min promos & skits
    size will no longer hold a wrestler back
    women will be recruited & pushed based on talent over looks
    new talent will strictly be recruited from our favorite indy feds
    foreign talent will always get a fair shake
    HHH will NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES hog tv time as some sort of authority figure when he's no longer an active wrestler

jeez i almost can't wait for vince to die now considering the HHH-topia that lies ahead.
    You know what the sad thing is?
    The indie talent i still liked a ton was like...kings of wrestling and generico.
    I apprently don't like steen and the briscoes as much as i thought because i gave up on roh. Also i don't think Steen would ever amount to anything in wwe, and the tag division isn't taken seriously enough for the briscoes to mean shit. And they don't work in pg imo.
    So my favorite indies are chikara, and that isn't working in wwe, and new japan, which isn't an indie, and given the way wwe treats asian performers and the upswing in business they are experiencing leading to bigger payouts for the talent, i don't think we will be seeing any new japan guys in wwe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    You know what the sad thing is?
    The indie talent i still liked a ton was like...kings of wrestling and generico.
    I apprently don't like steen and the briscoes as much as i thought because i gave up on roh. Also i don't think Steen would ever amount to anything in wwe, and the tag division isn't taken seriously enough for the briscoes to mean shit. And they don't work in pg imo.
    So my favorite indies are chikara, and that isn't working in wwe, and new japan, which isn't an indie, and given the way wwe treats asian performers and the upswing in business they are experiencing leading to bigger payouts for the talent, i don't think we will be seeing any new japan guys in wwe.
    more indys besides RoH.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    more indys besides RoH.
    I mentioned chikara!
    Those are the 2 it's easy for me to see.
    Shit, i don't even watch every chikara show, though i did get second hand copies of the last 4 king of trios.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I mentioned chikara!
    Those are the 2 it's easy for me to see.
    Shit, i don't even watch every chikara show, though i did get second hand copies of the last 4 king of trios.
    i was going to ask how is chikara(actual shows) easy for you to watch?? i should pick up some chikara bootlegs sometime.

Posted in: WWE
    Paul Bearer's Son Talks to TMZ About Approving CM Punk Angle on RAW
    By Marc Middleton
    Mar 22, 2013 - 8:16:06 AM

- It's been reported that Paul Bearer's sons signed off on the angle at RAW a few weeks back where CM Punk interrupted The Undertaker's tribute and disrespected the urn.

Paul's son Michael Moody tells TMZ that WWE creative approached the Moody family for permission before the angle went down on TV and the family approved of it.

Michael told TMZ:

"We felt that dad would have wanted us at RAW last week and agreed to the angle … We knew Dad wouldn't have wanted it any other way."
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...qsmtref2A6X.99
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

HHH Twitter:
    Huge project we r working on for #Wrestlemania #Axxess….. #mustsee pic.twitter.com/ePpynBFo6f

What is WWE's obsession with Mae Young and Mark Henry's hand baby!?