Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Thor: God of Thunder, #6

In a chilling interlude from Jason Aaron and artist Butch Guice (WINTER SOLDIER) discover the dark origin of Gorr...and the truth behind his bloody quest to butcher the gods.

Full article here.

Gorr in the previous issue speaks of having an invincible weapon. I wonder if this issue will reveal where he got it.

Senior Member I'm Not Daredevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Gorr in the previous issue speaks of having an invincible weapon. I wonder if this issue will reveal where he got it.
    It will.

I am really starting to love Gorr even more than I did before. I'm actually rooting for him to succeed. It's always easier to like a character you can relate to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by infinitEEntropy View Post
    It will.

I am really starting to love Gorr even more than I did before. I'm actually rooting for him to succeed. It's always easier to like a character you can relate to.
    im sorry to get personal here, but how the F$$k can you relate to a genocidal sadist god killing alien?

1.) youv lost loved ones and for some reason you hold the god you beileve in responsible?

2.) your a militant Atheist, who gets off on bashing and hating on other peoples Beliefs/religions and there hopes and dreams?
    let me be clear i dont think there is anything wrong with atheism but when your using your lack of belief as a excuse to try and destory others beliefs, then your no better than the militant religious, who are forceful about there religion.

3.) other, if its this case and the reason is less sadistic than the 2nd option i apologize for making assumptions

i ask as your not the first reader to claim they identify with such a dispicable character, and im trying to understand it.

Have you been reading this book? It's consistently painted the majority of the Gods in a poor light.

Same. I was rooting for Thor before, but now I want Gorr to win.

Well, I want Thor to kick Gorr's ass.
    Last edited by cosmicjoke; 03-08-2013 at 06:38 PM.

I have a nice mustache Van Custo's Avatar

Gods or not, he's a sadistic psychotic serial killer any way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke View Post
    I'm not even religious at all, but just basing my opinion on the world created within the comics, where gods do exist, and are divine beings, and Gorr's just killing them. Totally sick.
    The "Gods" in the MU are just advanced beings who are worshipped as Gods. They are not divine. The God and divine being of the MU is The One Above All.

This dude: http://marvel.wikia.com/One-Above-All_%28Multiverse%29

Quote Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
    The "Gods" in the MU are just advanced beings who are worshipped as Gods. They are not divine. The God and divine being of the MU is The One Above All.

This dude: http://marvel.wikia.com/One-Above-All_%28Multiverse%29
    That's not entirely true. It's repeatedly been shown that "Gods" have unique qualities; they are supernatural in a way that separates them from other powerful beings like the Silver Surfer for example. Also Thor stands out from the other Gods like Hercules because Thor is the offspring of Odin and Gea, an Elder Goddess, which is why his power level is so far beyond other Asgardians. The energy that fuels Thor is called God-force and the Marvel Gods have a connection to their worshipers. On the other hand, a person in the MU could pray all day to a conventional alien and I doubt the alien will "sense" or "hear" those prayers.

Without getting into a huge rant here -- yes, there is something "divine" about Thor. All you need to look at is how Thor and the other Gods were resurrected during the JMS run. Even if you think Gods are just powerful beings who are worshiped, they are still different from other powerful beings; not to mention that your description could be applied to any "God", even the ones people worship today in real life. The actual Norse Gods worshipped in Scandanavian history weren't like the Abrahamic God either; they could be killed and they had some very down to Earth qualities.

Obviously Gorr certainly thinks there is a difference as he is only hunting down Godly creatures and not all powerful creatures.
    Last edited by Van Custo; 03-08-2013 at 07:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
    Have you been reading this book?
    not really, the big spikey polar bear god, seemed peaceful and a cool dude, and gorr stated that he kills peaceful and honest spirited gods the same as he kills over lording tyrant gods

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    im sorry to get personal here, but how the F$$k can you relate to a genocidal sadist god killing alien?

1.) youv lost loved ones and for some reason you hold the god you beileve in responsible?

2.) your a militant Atheist, who gets off on bashing and hating on other peoples Beliefs/religions and there hopes and dreams?
    let me be clear i dont think there is anything wrong with atheism but when your using your lack of belief as a excuse to try and destory others beliefs, then your no better than the militant religious, who are forceful about there religion.

3.) other, if its this case and the reason is less sadistic than the 2nd option i apologize for making assumptions

i ask as your not the first reader to claim they identify with such a dispicable character, and im trying to understand it.
    I share the same dislike for deities and "gods" and just religion in general, that Gorr does so I find it easy to root for him. But I'm not vocal about it at all unless people ask like you are now, so I'm not a "militant" atheist like you suggest, I'm just a normal atheist.

I share the same dislike for deities and "gods" and just religion in general, that Gorr does so I find it easy to root for him. But I'm not vocal about it at all unless people ask like you are now, so I'm not a "militant" atheist like you suggest, I'm just a normal atheist.
    But this isn't real life, it is a comic book so you can let go of your real life convictions a little bit. No need to impose real life politics or religious views so seriously Thor. Many of the Gods that Gorr is killing seemed like benevolent beings, and Thor obviously is a noble and heroic individual. God or not, how could anyone cheer on the murder of such a good character?

LOL @ the whole "I can relate to Gorr!" sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Custo View Post
    But this isn't real life, it is a comic book so you can let go of your real life convictions a little bit. No need to impose real life politics or religious views so seriously Thor. Many of the Gods that Gorr is killing seemed like benevolent beings, and Thor obviously is a noble and heroic individual. God or not, how could anyone cheer on the murder of such a good character?
    Exactly, it's a comic book. So grow some thicker skin and don't take it personal. Nobody was taking anything "so seriously" except maybe you guys. If you read my first comment I made one remark about how I like Gorr and that was it. This is a public forum and I am aloud to post my opinion just as much as you are.

Finally a reason. Very good story so far.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”