Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Thunderbolts, #6

• The team reaches the bloody end of their first mission!
    • The final deadly team member is revealed!

Full article here.

You know, as much as I am looking forward to Noto joining the creative team, I am going to miss Dillon. I kinda hope he'll be back after Noto's arc.

Anyway, it looks like we'll finally be getting pieces of the bigger picture in this issue, which is great. Ridicule me if you'd like, but based on these preview pages I think I am going to enjoy this issue. It'll be interesting to see the Deadpool/Elektra/Frank thing as time goes on, Wade's already pretty tense!

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

You know... I tried to read this ignore the art and just focusing on the WORDS... and it's not half bad. It's not great, but it's not bad. It's only the art that kills it. A little sad Mercy is the new member (don't get me wrong, LOVING HER) but it's not a surprise. I was still hoping it could be a curve ball and be Daken!

"I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    You know... I tried to read this ignore the art and just focusing on the WORDS... and it's not half bad. It's not great, but it's not bad. It's only the art that kills it. A little sad Mercy is the new member (don't get me wrong, LOVING HER) but it's not a surprise. I was still hoping it could be a curve ball and be Daken!

It was hinted at in the first issue that it was Mercy. I just hope that she grows from the "superior and I want to help you die", attitude. Also she needs a haircut and a better costume.

I will not miss Dillon, and hope he does not come back to this book. Looks like after 65 or so issues, Way finally found a decent Deadpool.

Ha, I knew I'd be the only one that would miss Dillon in any fashion!

Oh well, I understand he's not for everyone, and if it would help the longevity of the book I wouldn't mind him not returning.

Looks alright, but like everyone else (bar Tsai) I'm ready for Dillon to go. Especially after seeing the previews of Noto's art.
    ELEKTRA*LADY MASTERMIND*DAREDEVIL*ARIEL

The book isn't bad. A new name would be great so it doesn't impede on the old one's legacy.

Mercy's whole shtick was she helped people kill themselves. Really nothing more to it than that. I like how Way is using forgotten Hulk villians from the late 80s early 90s in this book. Could it be possible that we see the return of Speed Freak? Or maybe even the Reedemer?
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Looks alright, but like everyone else (bar Tsai) I'm ready for Dillon to go. Especially after seeing the previews of Noto's art.
    I totally agree, I'm ready for Phil Noto's art, what we've seen so far look awesome IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    The book isn't bad. A new name would be great so it doesn't impede on the old one's legacy.

Mercy's whole shtick was she helped people kill themselves. Really nothing more to it than that. I like how Way is using forgotten Hulk villians from the late 80s early 90s in this book. Could it be possible that we see the return of Speed Freak? Or maybe even the Reedemer?
    I do like how Way is using older characters. First and foremost Way needs to improve on the writing, he has been phoning it in so far. Since we know so little about Mercy, he could do almost anything with her. I really hope that they give her a makeover.

I can't take credit for this.. shibori said it on the deadpool bugle: Wade's response to Elektra is kind of heartbreaking. albeit no one really knows how or why he developed those feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I can't take credit for this.. shibori said it on the deadpool bugle: Wade's response to Elektra is kind of heartbreaking. albeit no one really knows how or why he developed those feelings.
    Poor Wade. You know that I do my fair share of whinning about Way; I largely dislike his version of Deadpool. But every so often, Way does have geniune heartfelt moments that remind us that Deadpool's a tortured soul.
    I'm a little surprised that Way decided to have Deadpool sudden infatuation with Elektra. For one thing, compared with previous Deadpool writers, Way never really gave him a serious love interest (except for Death) during his last on-going series. Of course, there were a few instances of women showing him attention---and by attention, I mean shooting him in the leg---and he interpreted the attention as a sign of love. Maybe he interpreted Elektra's willingness to disrobe in front of him as a sign of affection. Either that or he connected to her when he saved her life, as cc008 had pointed out over at Deadpool Bugle. Guess we'll have to wait and see where this goes.
    I'm glad I'm not a betting woman . . . I would have put money on Mercy as his newest obsession.
    Last edited by shibori78; 03-08-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    You know, after issue 2 when he saved her, I kinda thought seeing a romance between those two had the potential to be psychotically sweet. It does seem sudden that he's felt such a huge rush of emotion towards her, but I can see the inkling of infatuation in issue 2.

These preview pages do make me feel bad for Deadpool...I think most of us have been in a situation where we've decided to be 'brave' and finally confess our feelings to a gal we think we love, only to find that they are already taken/those feelings will definitely not be returned. Makes his side of this triangle very relatable.

I think my favorite part of this preview is Deadpool isn't afraid to stand toe to toe with Frank. Even if he's just making a quick joke or remark. Not bad, Way.

Why all he Dillon hate, I think he's a brilliant artist, will be dropping this book now he's leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy420 View Post
    Why all he Dillon hate, I think he's a brilliant artist, will be dropping this book now he's leaving.
    Many fans have pointed out that Dillon draws the same face on all the characters. From what I've seen on other sites, Dillon's style is better suited for for independent books, like his success on Preacher and Hellblazer rather than super hero's.

http://comiczine-fa.com/?p=1158