Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Age of Ultron, #2

For years the heroes of the Marvel Universe have lived in fear that the artificial intelligence known as Ultron would one day evolve to fulfill its desire to wipe out all organic life and take over the Earth -- that day has arrived. This massive 10-part Marvel Universe-spanning event is brought to you by Eisner award-winning writer Brian Michael Bendis and comics legend Bryan Hitch.

Full article here.

I love that they're coming out every week!!

Quote Originally Posted by doglee80 View Post
    I love that they're coming out every week!!
    I don't plan on picking this event up so I won't even try and make a comment about its actual quality, but one reason I don't want to get it is that the whole weekly shipping thing gives me the impression that they want this out there and over as fast as possible so they can get to the next event.

If this book ends up being good and has some actual consequences, I'll pick it up in TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    I don't plan on picking this event up so I won't even try and make a comment about its actual quality, but one reason I don't want to get it is that the whole weekly shipping thing gives me the impression that they want this out there and over as fast as possible so they can get to the next event.

If this book ends up being good and has some actual consequences, I'll pick it up in TPB.
    Yeah, I feel what you're saying but I'm new to reading comics, so I'm pretty pumped about everything. Lol. I'm intrigued by the story, so I'm happy I only have to wait a week to find out more

Ugh this is weekly? There goes the chances of me buying this. I was actually thinking about picking it up too because I love a good Ultron story. That's a definite budget breaker.

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

A lot of people think like this and I think its kind of interesting. If its good and has actual consequences, you know what those consequences are down the line either via the forum or in whatever you read. Like I can't imagine not reading AvX, trade waiting and then reading All New X-Men or Uncanny Avengers. I would pretty much know what happened in AvX by reading those titles, so what would be the point of spending the money on the paperback? Plus, I don't think its nearly as satisfying to read when you know or even have a general idea of what's going to happen before you read it. Sure it'll save you some money, but it'll cost you some of the extra fun that goes along with nobody knowing how its going to turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskie View Post
    Ugh this is weekly? There goes the chances of me buying this. I was actually thinking about picking it up too because I love a good Ultron story. That's a definite budget breaker.
    Its not actually weekly. Its out 3 times in March, 3 times in April, then twice in May and June. A lot of shipping but not weekly.

If it ends up being part of continuity and affecting other titles, I'll pick up the run on eBay or something at half price. If it is just a alternate universe that is retconned, similar to Age of Apocalypse, which I expect, I'll skip it.
    The Massive . Captain Marvel . Superior Foes of Spider-Man . B.P.R.D.

I wonder who these 4 are.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prv15595_pg6.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	110122

Person A: Storm, Misty Knight?
    Person B: Falcon, Darwin, Black Panther?
    Person C: Manifold, Sunspot, Bishop?
    Person D: Wasp, Jewel?
    We have a new King...!

Looks better then issue 1.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Is it just me or does Spidey sound more like Peter here than Spock?
    <insert awesome quote here>

Quote Originally Posted by spiderrmonkey View Post
    Is it just me or does Spidey sound more like Peter here than Spock?
    Theres massive confusion about that......
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

can someone please explain to me how this all happened? i pick up AOU #1 and Manhattan is in destruction already. how did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

I think C is logan A I think is Storm B I thought was Cage but i thik that is him next to Logan. D could be Jewel or Hill

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Person A: Storm
    Person B: No idea, maybe Black Panther since this person is near Storm
    Person C: Wolverine wearing an Ultimate looking costume
    Person D: She-Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by thehumandivine View Post
    can someone please explain to me how this all happened? i pick up AOU #1 and Manhattan is in destruction already. how did this happen?
    Good question.
    The Massive . Captain Marvel . Superior Foes of Spider-Man . B.P.R.D.