Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    There was a massive drop in the quality of Teen Titans right after Infinite Crisis; it seems that even Johns didn't like the idea of killing off Conner and promoting Bart to Flash so soon after his own run on Wally's book. The series started getting really soapy after that. To this day, I hope it was someone else who decided to make Match a Bizarro Superboy. I hope Geoff Johns would have the creative instinct to realize that a cunning, petty shapeshifter for an anti-Superboy is better than a silver age rip-off.

That was probably the darkest time for Tim while he still had a solo: Geoff Johns writes a few sub-par Teen Titans issues that make Tim obsessive and angsty enough to start making out with Wonder Girl before leaving the books to slow but dependable down ward trend in writers, Adam Beechen derails Cassandra Cain in Tim's book on editorial orders, and then the same editorial group kills off Bart for failing to make an editorial decision look good, leaving Tim with almost no remaining friends.

It's kind of hilarious how much better the series got after Chuck Dixon, Geoff Johns, and others pretty much snapped back Tim's old world in time for him to become Red Robin. All this context stuff got put back nicely to where it was for a while, and even Nicieza run haters probably will admit that at least the world he wrote Tim in was better than the post-Infinite Crisis one.

And now, most of that is gone or changed into the DCnU. Bart's the only member of the original Young Justice team to arguably be doing better than he was before. Lobdell seems to have appreciated his original version better than the others: he reads like Impulse even before Nicieza took over, whereas everyone else is being shanghaied into New Teen Titans/X-Men archetypes.
    hmmm…well said

I think TT should see how it goes with an arc without any crossovers for a while to be best judged imo

There's nothing wrong with Tim . . . that a frontal lobotomy couldn't take care of.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Tim . . . that a frontal lobotomy couldn't take care of.
    Haha i guess so

Maybe while the Titans are in a crossfire of Red X Tim Drake and Doctor Light, Tim gets knocked into one of the doctors nasty chairs and actually does get a lobotomy:

"Ah! What happened?!? Why am I wearing a Nightwing costume!? Why do I have vague recollections of an implausible Witness Protection program that leaves the main target out in the open while separating him from his parents? That doesn't make sense! Where's my cowl? Why isn't Moneyspider on my headset? Where's Tam? Where's Cass? Where's Steph-"

And then Superboy Prime will show up, punch him back into the New 52 and reveal he has a new master: Dan Didio!
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

And then Superboy Prime will show up, punch him back into the New 52 and reveal he has a new master: Dan Didio!
    I think Tim could have a nice chat with Pandora about the issue :)

Well I still think Tim could be fixed.

BANNED

Tim, like the Teen Titans book, needs a stiff beating. It's just crap on top of crap, for the most part.

Most of the cast sucks, the lack of history sucks, and Tim looks like Marvel's Falcon. There's honestly nothing good in the actual book.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Tim, like the Teen Titans book, needs a stiff beating. It's just crap on top of crap, for the most part.

Most of the cast sucks, the lack of history sucks, and Tim looks like Marvel's Falcon. There's honestly nothing good in the actual book.
    Eh, I think Bart's depiction here is the best it's been in a good while.

Which is really kind of odd; DC's been trying to make him a carbon copy of Wally as Kid Flash for a long time, only to take him back to the Impulse personality immediately after shuttling Wally off. Lobdell and Nicieza obviously know how to write Impulse, though he's still suffering from the disconnect DC seemed to require for all the kids in Teen Titans.

DC needs to approach the YJ4 as something other than the New Teen Titans. Especially Tim Drake.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

DC needs to approach the YJ4 as something other than the New Teen Titans. Especially Tim Drake.
    Agreed, I really don't see the YJ4 ever working as long as they keep trying to push it as a superhero soap opera similar to NTT or UXM back in the day.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    Eh, I think Bart's depiction here is the best it's been in a good while.
    I have no clue what the deal is with Bart anymore. I don't even think they know yet. I mean who or what is he now? Is he still Barry's grandson form the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I have no clue what the deal is with Bart anymore. I don't even think they know yet. I mean who or what is he now? Is he still Barry's grandson form the future?
    We'll find out eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin Flair View Post
    So, what- he wakes ups and finds Stephanie in the shower?

Kudos to ANYONE here who gets THAT reference.

I have to say, I have never been as apathetic about comics in general, and Batman comics in particular, as I am right now. And the main reason is this 5 year BS. The history, the legacy of Tim Drake that was established over, what, nearly twenty years, has been flushed down the toilet in favor of this travesty. I don't understand him, I don't like him, and Tim was one of my favorite characters before. The only way you can save him now is by going back to pre-New52 continuity an d forgetting this disgrace ever existed.
    Points for that given that there is a new Dallas on the air.

With Trinity war coming up I worry that we're going to get some weird thing where we'll get some new Flash point thing and then extreame reboot again. So Tim may be killed off to focus down to three robins, (Dick, Jason, and whoever' takes over for Damian) or something happens to him that puts him out of the game and we have Wonder Girl taking over. Or he goes evil and JJ Jr. like in Batman Beyond. I hope the latter never happens.

Funny how all the writers at DC right now are pretty much connected to the Marvel that went into the red all those years ago with the fall out of things like the Clone Saga. I think with Defalco in regards to his work, he works a lot better on characters that have a brighter story, See his spider-girl series. It was fun and had good beats to it without being bogged down by depressing stories in a lot of cases.