Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    "Peter Parker fans will fade away sooner or later" is I think the quote. That to me says that Peter isn't going to be Spiderman anymore. Unless -as Tendrin points out- he's just lying.
    Sure, but it's something that comics have a very long tradition of. "Everything you know will change forever" never actually changes everything we know and certainly not forever. When they did that sort of stuff, was that a lie too? It must have been. So if it wasn't an issue then, why is it one now? If it's always been an issue, why stick it out with comics unless you're willing to buy into the deception for the sake of fun?

Unless, did you just start reading comics in the last few months?

I'm sorry, but whoever truly believes that 616 Peter isn't coming back hasn't been reading comics for very long.

Comic books have been announcing permanent change for ever. I hope Marvel starts to keep their promises more, but it does not start with replacing peter parker permanently.
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Wouldn't apply in those cases unless someone took over their bodies. Which has actually happened a few times but no one pretended it was permanent.
    But SPINO wasn't when Doc Oc took over Pete's body, Pete became SPINO when he made the deal with Mephisto - if I'm understanding correctly?

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    But SPINO wasn't when Doc Oc took over Pete's body, Pete became SPINO when he made the deal with Mephisto - if I'm understanding correctly?
    Ah, didn't know that, sorry.

the most exciting thing in that video was the Romero zombie book.
    Superior Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Venom, Scarlet Spider, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Iron Man

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    Playing the "hater" card is the surest indication that you're not serious in your argument.

First, it's nothing but an attempt at diverting the argument into one over whether or not I'm a "hater".

Second, it's an ad hominem "blocker", implying the illegitimacy of my point on the basis of my alleged moral flaw as one who "hates".

Dime-store debating tricks don't work on me Dog.
    I make no attempt to "debate" with someone who steadfastly refuses to be reasonable. You think I'm more engaged with your war on fun that I actually am.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

I personally am awaiting the return of Peter. However, I have also been waiting for Ben to return for 16 years. I hope issue 9 dose not kill Peter for good.

Isnt this thread about issue 9? Not about whether or not stephan wacker has a big ego or not?

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

When's Miguel O'hara show up?
    That's an awesome game changer I'm still hoping occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by superiorspidey View Post
    Isnt this thread about issue 9? Not about whether or not stephan wacker has a big ego or not?
    53 posts on gimmicks, egos, non-fans and related topics were moved to a new thread.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    I personally am awaiting the return of Peter. However, I have also been waiting for Ben to return for 16 years. I hope issue 9 dose not kill Peter for good.
    If one thing could have been done to Peter Parker's character without considering repercussions to other parts of the Marvel Universe, I would argue it would have been to de-age Peter Parker at least back to the beginning of college and perhaps even to high school.

I can hardly think of a better time than now to put Peter Parker's spirit back in a teen's body since there is a suitable substitute for the role of Spider-Man that Peter Parker used to fill. And it so happens there is another Gwen Stacy, a much younger one, in the Ultimates universe ...