Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Associate Publisher Ruwan Jayatilleke Let Go By Marvel

Associate Publisher Ruwan Jayatilleke, a longtime Marvel staffer who worked on a range of projects from Stephen King comics to Marvel's bookstore initiatives, has been dismissed by the company.

Full article here.

BANNED

DUDE! What?!

Was it because he was talking to us on this forum?

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    DUDE! What?!

Was it because he was talking to us on this forum?
    If that were the case Steve Wacker should watch his back It is probably more of a financially based decision.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    If that were the case Steve Wacker should watch his back It is probably more of a financially based decision.
    Still, that's lame.

That stinks he's out of a job now.. especially if he has a family. But you have to wonder if it had anything to do with his recent posts haha.

Hmmm... not sure who this person is, but it sucks when anyone gets fired. Especially from a job like marvel, where I suspect a lot of people would think of as their "dream" job.

I wonder if that's one of the downsides to being taken over by a major company like Disney. Corporate restructuring and all.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That stinks he's out of a job now.. especially if he has a family. But you have to wonder if it had anything to do with his recent posts haha.
    Out of curiosity, did he post anything bad or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Out of curiosity, did he post anything bad or anything?

Oh no.. not at all. He was just talking about that teaser that came out last Monday and Tuesday and then said we would find out more on certain days only for nothing to come out. It probably has nothing to do with his posts... but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hmmm... not sure who this person is, but it sucks when anyone gets fired. Especially from a job like marvel, where I suspect a lot of people would think of as their "dream" job.

I wonder if that's one of the downsides to being taken over by a major company like Disney. Corporate restructuring and all.
    Marvel may actually need a little corporate restructuring all things considered. Still don't know how Loeb's in charge of Animation. That should have gone to Yost or Kyle.

That said, the licensed books haven't been great sellers, at least not at the DM level. It may be a different matter at bookstores, but since print is a shrinking industry, I wouldn't be at all surprised if those sales are down as well.

I'm also disappointed with Marvel's digital offerings. Their Unlimited comics were great, but then Marvel never did anything with it beyond that. I mean it wouldn't be surprising if they weren't particularly profitable considering that they were packed in with AvX, but I would love it for Marvel to at least go into digital first books. DC seems to be finding success there. Why can't Marvel? I also highly doubt that it's Ruwan's fault that Marvel isn't doing more of a digital push.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Bad to hear he's lost his job. Hopefully someone like IDW may hire him.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Sad news to hear hopefully he'll get a job somewhere else soon.

Will he receive a pay-off?
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Jeez... with how he's been talking to us lately, I'm pretty saddened by this. =( Hope he's able to quickly find work elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Jeez... with how he's been talking to us lately, I'm pretty saddened by this. =( Hope he's able to quickly find work elsewhere.
    Yeah he seems like a nice guy based on his posts at least.

I'm saddened by these news. He struck me as very likeable kind of person, and he certainly knows how to drum up excitement for something in a honest, friendly way.

I hope he'll find another job very quickly. Good luck to you, Ruwan!

I also hope this development has nothing to do with the fact he interacted with us on this forum.