Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Ame-Comi Girls #1

• All-new digital adventures in print for the first time!
    • The new, monthly AME-COMI ongoing series begins here!
    • The Ame-Comi Girls team up for the final showdown with Brainiac!
    • Starring Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Supergirl, Batgirl, Robin, Steel and The Flash!

Full preview here.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Well the art went down a notch from the previous issue, but it still looks good. Weird knowing the print comic is so far behind the digital chapters. And it's funny in that those who have been pinning and whining about the loss of Oracle have a Batgirl with an Oracle personality right in this very comic, so maybe a few of them should check this book out (and stop endlessly complaining about the E-0 Batgirl title, when what they partially want is right here in THIS book).
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

I actually like the art shown here. I was on the fence about whether I wanted to continue with the ongoing, but it looks like the fun continues here.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

Well, on going is putting it loosely. This volume is gonna have 8 issues max at the moment as there was a "the end for now" two weeks ago in the digital series.

I gave up on this. There was like a new character every issue and the story was getting crazy.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Well, on going is putting it loosely. This volume is gonna have 8 issues max at the moment as there was a "the end for now" two weeks ago in the digital series.
    I could live with that. Quite a few anime and manga are finite series.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

While on the one hand that's too bad to hear, I need room come summer to add both the Red Sonja book being penned by Gail Simone and the new Booster Gold JL team with Batgirl. I was already planning on dropping Adventure Time around then, so next Fall this will give me more wiggle room on my budget.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

This looks interesting but I'm going to wait to see if it lands in TPB form.

Is that Jesse Quick or just a female version of the Flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    Is that Jesse Quick or just a female version of the Flash?
    Both. It's Jesse Chambers, but in this world she's The Flash.*

*kind of like she was in post-Crisis continuity, albeit briefly. The only difference is in this universe she is still, and has always been, The Flash. They did the same thing with Jade in the '90s - made her a GL, but only temporarily. That's what's cool about this series - changes that you know wouldn't last in the main continuity, changes that might actually make female characters more prominent, are lasting here. It's sad that only in a universe of all female heroes do they gain any prominence, but at least they are gaining it in some universe.

Just read the issue today, loved it! Lots of fun, lots of action. Too bad to hear this won't be a longterm ongoing, I wish that DC would have put miniseries on the cover so we know exactly how many issues we have to enjoy before the end.
    Pull list: