View Poll Results: Who Should Be Spared The Axe?

Voters
59. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Dazzler

34 57.63%
  • Sage

33 55.93%
  • Gayverine & Bearcules

31 52.54%
  • Corporal Scott Summers

4 6.78%
  • Kurt "Awful" Waggoner

7 11.86%
  • Xavier's Floating Head

2 3.39%
  • Deadeye (Zora Risman)

8 13.56%
  • Fiend (Francesca Trask)

7 11.86%
  • Prophet (William Stryker)

7 11.86%
  • Lady Penance, Queen Of America

15 25.42%
  • The AoA Summers Brothers

7 11.86%
  • Other

5 8.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who Should Be Spared X-Termination?

So, with X-Termination we have the death of two books.

Which characters from X-Treme and Age of Apocalypse should be spared the wrath of the cancellation axe and absorbed into existing Marvel titles?

And, perhaps more importantly, which teams or titles do you think they should find a home with?

There's heroes and villains in the list, and they could go anywhere in the Marvel Universe, wherever you choose.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Well, based on Bendis rumour, we have a good idea that "the Dazz" is going to Uncanny X-Men, possibly Sage, as well. Solicits for AXM #62 is said to deal with what's left of the three teams.

My preferences: As much as I'd like to see Howlett and Herc in the mainstream MU, I doubt it's happening. I'd hope for them to be included in the next interdimensional title, though, the same with black Cyclops. I hope Kidcrawler disappears into the same place Little 'Ro is, never to be seen again.

I wouldn't mind seeing AoA Jean come back to 616, but again, I don't see it happening. There are enough red-heads roaming around. I'd hope for a relaunch of an AoA title, or even a "Refugee" type title set in 616, but again, I don't really see it.

I could see Prophet, Graydon and maybe Zora filter over as extremists, but I haven't a clue where they'd fit. These guys are essentially mutant haters, though for different reasons than their 616 counterparts. I expect Harper will return to 616 to share the story. Maybe he'll become just a human supporting character.

If Marvel is keeping the original Nightcrawler dead for the forseeable future, I'd like to see them develop and use AoA Nightcrawler more than they have. I could see Liu shaking up the Astonishing cast with him, or maybe putting him in the Brotherhood, with Mystique.

I'm really hoping AoA Sabretooth will come back to 616. He's like Wolverine used to be, before he was stretched so thin. I find him a lot more interesting to read about than 616 Sabes.

BANNED

Lady Penance, Queen of America please! Unless they are from 616 originally, the rest can DIAF.

Kill everybody in AOA and bring black cyclops to the 616 universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Lady Penance, Queen of America please! Unless they are from 616 originally, the rest can DIAF.
    Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Kill everybody in AOA and bring black cyclops to the 616 universe.
    But what book do you think they'd fit in to, is the question.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

Lady Penance, Queen of America will be revealed to be Miss America Chavez's mother. She can be supporting in Young Avengers.

I'd like to see most of the X-Treme crew make it (Civil War!Cyke aside, because I'm so done with the Summers clan in all forms). Dazzler and Sage finally got some spotlight, Herc and Howlett are the only canon bears I know of at the Big Two, and I'm really sick of kid characters being killed off for shock and/or easy angst. Send Kid!Kurt to WaTXM, Sage over to UXM, replace Storm and Puck with Dazzler and H&H over in UXF.

Gayverine, Bearcules, Dazzler, Blackclops and Sage deserve to live.

Of course, at least one of those three non-616 characters (if not more) is probably gonna die and I'm gonna be pissed. Blacks and gays in the X-Universe not named Northstar or Storm generally have a horrible survival/relevancy rate.

I want them to come over to 616 and be their own strike force here.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

BANNED

I wont be surprised if Kid Crawler somehow saves the day and convinces evil Nightcrawler to stop being so evil. Evil Nightcrawler will then repent and raise Kid Crawler in the AOA Universe or some other universe (not 616). this makes way for the REAL Nightcrawler to come back.

Howlett and Hercules need to go to Astonishing to replace Warbird, and the regular Wolverine. Dazzler should replace Gambit who needs to go to All New and Secret Avengers. Then we'd have Dazzler, Karma, Northstar, Iceman, Howlett, Hercules and CeCe in Astonishing.

Kid Crawler can be the X-man joining the Young Avengers.
    Things at Marvel that need a rest:
    1. Dr. Doom
    2. Dinosaurs/Savage Land
    3. Sentinels
    4. Time Travel
    5. Women arching their backs for no reason

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

AoA Cyclops, AoA Jean, AoA Cyclops, AoA Sabretooth, Gayverine and Bearcules and Queen Penance need to survive.

Ugh, Wolverine and Hercules aren't even entertaining.
    I hope Liu dumps the entire cast of Astonishing and replace them with the X-Terminated.
    No, not seriously. They deserve better.

I want :
    Sage in All New X-Men or Uncanny X-Men and trying to steal X-Force from Cable.
    Fiend and Deadeye to transfer to the 616 MU and having to decide whether they should stick with the oppressed like they used to, which would be the mutants, or their own kind.
    AoA Havok to turn his traitorous dopplegagnger into ash.
    Last edited by sweetdumbass; 03-04-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

who wouldn't want to be a pretty slut vs an ugly forever ?
    ~~ forgotten poster

I would like the AOA characters to remain alive, And that Marvel revisit that reality in a mini/maxi at some time, exploring how the pass of time affects the X-Terminated and Lady Penance, and the confrontation against Omega Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cody View Post
    Send Kid!Kurt to WaTXM,
    That would be the quickest way to get me to drop that title. :S

I'm guessing that one or two might die in the crossover, but I figure most will end up in limbo.