Default Spider-Man Hardcovers

Hi all,

I've got an niggling problem with my Spider-Man collection.

I've only just recently started picking up trades of storylines that I like, and the Spider-Man comics have been in hardcover. The recent 'Lizard: No Turning back' is noticeably smaller than the others - 10 1/4 inch as opposed to 11.

Is that the same with everyone else out there? There's a chance I may have accidentally ordered the UK one (are they smaller as a standard?) rather than the US.

Also, my Scarlet Spider hardcover doesn't have a dust jacket, the image is printed directly on. Is that normal for everyone else?

I just like to have a uniform collection if possible. :)

Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    Hi all,

I've got an niggling problem with my Spider-Man collection.

I've only just recently started picking up trades of storylines that I like, and the Spider-Man comics have been in hardcover. The recent 'Lizard: No Turning back' is noticeably smaller than the others - 10 1/4 inch as opposed to 11.

Is that the same with everyone else out there? There's a chance I may have accidentally ordered the UK one (are they smaller as a standard?) rather than the US.

Also, my Scarlet Spider hardcover doesn't have a dust jacket, the image is printed directly on. Is that normal for everyone else?

I just like to have a uniform collection if possible. :)
    I have the 'Big Time' run in hardcover. 'Spider-Island' and 'Ends of the Earth' are oversized hardcovers, so they are a bit taller than the 'No Turning Back' hardcover, which is standard size - 10 1/4. What other HCs do you have? Because only SI and EOTE are taller than most.

I also have the Scarlet Spider HC and there is no dust jacket. That's normal.

Unfortunately, as much as we'd like it we can't have uniform collections because Scarlet is only coming out in paperback from now on and Amazing has only done two oversized hardcovers since JMS was writing. Superior Spider-Man is going to be paperback only.

I hope that helped and sorry that I didn't have better news : )

There isn't a UK edition of No Turning Back - the last Spider-Man titles released over here by Panini were Spider-Men, Avenging Spider-Man volume 1 and Spider-Island, I think. Those are all paperbacks, too.

Also, you could have a uniform collection in paperback. Spines match and everything. But I know that's not what you want.

Well that explains it. Yes, the only other hardcovers I have are 'Spider-Island' and 'Ends of the World'. So they're oversized (for some reason...). Add to that getting Matt Fraction's first Iron Man omnibus in the mail (also oversized) and you can see my confusion! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I can't say I really like the variety - I'd prefer one or the other.