Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Actually I think it would take place after it
    But didn't Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character take the mantle of Batman in the end?
    "People don't actually like Wonder Woman. They like the idea in their head of what a "wonder woman" ought to be, which usually bears little resemblance to the character in the comics." - JKCarrier

Quote Originally Posted by Boonciaver View Post
    But didn't Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character take the mantle of Batman in the end?
    I think the theory would be that JGL is Batman in Gotham while Bruce becomes International Batman, kind of like in Batman Incorporated.

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    LaFanboy, as always, thanks for your continous updates. You get me excited everytime :)
    u r very welcome, gbshabo. i also get excited anytime i experience a bit of kindness on geek sites. (why must geeks always be so danged angry???)

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    u r very welcome, gbshabo. i also get excited anytime i experience a bit of kindness on geek sites. (why must geeks always be so danged angry???)
    I wasn't always an angry and grumpy geek, but after the infinite secret crisis war #89.2, where I merged with a rebooted version of my nu-earth self for the second time, just understanding my own timeline and continuity gives me raging red headaches. Maybe I can get a retcon in my next life? ;)

Thanks for keeping us updated, LAFanboy- I do enjoy your enthusiasm.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

yes...THE Wonderman. RealWonderman's Avatar

No denials, and now THIS today!!!
    http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/03/05...on-box-office/
    Are you sure that "by the grace of god" you survived? Maybe god was trying to GET you and missed??!!??
    Twitter: Ryan Klaus @RealWonderman

E.J. Morges Oblivious Press Oblivion's Avatar

In regards to the Superhero genre, what rumors has Latino Review made that were substantiated?
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    "Other than that" seems to be a common theme running rampant within my work.
    It's like a disease. No matter what I do I canít seem to shake the ailment.

PressOblivion.com (Comics at the Brink) or not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    Wonder Woman related:
    From Latino Review, a site that's had correct scoops in the past.
    Nolan takes over entire DCU at Warner Bros, including Justice League. Christian Bale back as Batman. Caville as Superman. No word on Wonder Woman casting. Still shooting for 2015 release.

http://latino-review.com/2013/03/03/...ustice-league/
    It's foreboding news. I don't see the light anymore at the end of the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Press Oblivion View Post
    In regards to the Superhero genre, what rumors has Latino Review made that were substantiated?
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Same here. I don't even want to know which reviews were sustained, and I didn't even read the entire article posted by Red Mask. I'm so fed up with the hooplah and rumors of a JL movie, and WW movie that I'm done. Zilch. Nada. None. I won't even believe it until I have a ticket in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
    It's foreboding news. I don't see the light anymore at the end of the tunnel.
    I'd expect it to look something like the first Hellboy flick. Alot like that...but, who knows?
    "I collect beings like him and cut them open--so I can hold in my hand what makes them tick."
    Cassandra on Orion of the New Gods (Wonder Woman #26)

Quote Originally Posted by MelDyer View Post
    I'd expect it to look something like the first Hellboy flick. Alot like that...but, who knows?
    I doubt it could look like it because del Toro has always pushed his art department to think outside the box in many wonderful ways. As for substance the director's could not be anymore different.

I'm excited but part of me not taking it too serious in case it'll just be shot down.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

I read that Christian Bale is passing on returning. Which hopefully means that The Dark Knight Trilogy stands on its own and will not at all affect The Justice League or future Batman movies. Even with Nolan producing, those movies don't have to have any bearings on continuity

Agreed. I loved the Dark Knight films, but I want them to stand on their own. It would be cool to see Bale next to Cavil and whoever else, sure. But the Batman role is an intense one, Bale has done it for many years now, and those movies have carried some trauma with them; Ledger's death and the theater shooting. I hope Bale is done and doesnt return. Let those movies stand on their own, and build a new Batman that can better fit into a shared movieverse, if we have to have one.

The Nolan rumor isnt surprising. Hell, havent we heard this rumor before? That Nolan was going to oversee the whole DC movie line? I swear this is just a recycled rumor.....

Anyway, if it turns out to be true, Im largely okay with it, but will reserve a final opinion until after Man of Steel. Assuming it pans out, Nolan's involvement will likely be on a similar level to what he is doing with MoS; in that he is the one picking directors and green lighting scripts and casting, but has little to nothing to do with the details and day-in-day-out work, leaving the chosen director to make their own movie.

If Nolan proves that he can put the right people behind the right projects with MoS (and he does surround himself with good people so Im hopeful) then I'd be fine with him "godfathering" the entire line. Why not? He made three really, really good movies and stealing his method and style is working wonders for Arrow. It seems like the Nolan method is the formula that works for DC. Or rather, if it works for MoS, it will be. If that film does well, then that formula will work for anyone and we'll see DC adopt it across the line. So why not have Nolan involved? He wont be directing every film, hell, he likely wont direct any of them. But he can make sure that the people who do make the movies dont screw them up.