Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nolan in charge of entire DCU (including Justice League)?

Wonder Woman related:
    From Latino Review, a site that's had correct scoops in the past.
    Nolan takes over entire DCU at Warner Bros, including Justice League. Christian Bale back as Batman. Caville as Superman. No word on Wonder Woman casting. Still shooting for 2015 release.

http://latino-review.com/2013/03/03/...ustice-league/
    Last edited by Lafanboy; 03-03-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Hyper-realistic take on WW would be the best way to go.

For me, this link is broken.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    For me, this link is broken.
    try this one

http://latino-review.com/2013/03/03/...ustice-league/

Are we going to get a one-breast Wonder Woman?

I updated link in original post. Should work now.

Overall, I'm excited about this news. When I think about the somewhat campy Batman films in the 90s (which I mostly enjoyed) and how Nolan rebooted that franchise into something truly brilliant, it makes me want him overseeing the planned Wonder Woman solo movie, as well as Diana's portrayal in JL. The only downside I see is a JL film with Nolan and Bale will be super-expensive. Marvel does a great job of keeping costs down and profits high, which means more superhero movies get made. But sometimes you get what you pay for.

I know Latino Review is typically spot on (right?), but this has got to be too good to be true.

I'm fine with Nolan being involved, although I'm sure the level of his involvement will simply be directing the 50 or so dump trucks piled high with cash, gold and jewels where to park on his private island nation in exchange for allowing WB/DC to stick his name somewhere in the credits.

BUT, I am vehemently against the return of Bale as Batman. I was looking forward to a rebooted Batman who was a little closer to the comic books in terms of fun, gadgets and adventure. Plus, I'm still hopeful that we'll eventually see a good Batman and Robin film and maybe even a Batman, Robin and Batgirl film. If Bale somehow returns for Justice League, despite how the third Batman film ended, then I'm not sure he will appear in any more Batman films and if they're going to use a new Batman in the solo films, then they should just incorporate him into Justice League. I guess I just don't see Bale's Batman being able to stand up against whatever huge threat with necessitate the formation of the Justice League.

A Batman for Justice League has to be a little more "fantastical" than Bale's super-serious, super-realistic Batman in order to be a credible member of the Justice League. Bale's Batman wouldn't even be suited for the detective or communications role in the Justice League since he did little detective work and doesn't like playing with others at all - unless they're Anne Hathaway in a Julie Newmar costume.

LaFanboy, as always, thanks for your continous updates. You get me excited everytime :)

If Bale's returning as Batman then I'm guessing that this Justice League movie takes place before the end of "The Dark Knight Rises".
    "People don't actually like Wonder Woman. They like the idea in their head of what a "wonder woman" ought to be, which usually bears little resemblance to the character in the comics." - JKCarrier

I think this is great news for all of DC properties, not just Wonder Woman. I didn't have much faith than any other characters were going to get movie adaptations, including Justice League itself until now. NOW I'M SUPER EXCITED! And my ideal cast is posted already ;)

A one breasted version of the chick in "The Circle" who had the bow and arrow would be awesome, if they go with the version of her origin that includes them.. Which I hope they do. Alkyone is basically Diana's version of Zod. Ares and The Circle as villains would be fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by jsrichardson1 View Post
    A one breasted version of the chick in "The Circle" who had the bow and arrow would be awesome, if they go with the version of her origin that includes them.. Which I hope they do. Alkyone is basically Diana's version of Zod. Ares and The Circle as villains would be fantastic!
    Given Diana's powers and abilities, I never could figure out how Alkyone could be a match for Diana. Wasn't she just a normal amazon? I can't see her as the equivalent of a female Zod if powerwise she couldn't stack up to Diana.

It depends on the take the go with. In some versions of Wonder Woman, all amazons are pretty much equal in strength. I prefer Wonder Woman having more power than any other Amazon. With that, alone Alkyone isn't a physical match for her. Which is why all four of the women need to be present. They all have weapons created by the gods and are specifically skilled at using them. They are all skilled fighters trained just as, if not harder than Diana. And Alkyone's villainy is what makes her dangerous, just like Lex Luthor... And she tried to kill a BABY! Lex didn't even try and do that ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Boonciaver View Post
    If Bale's returning as Batman then I'm guessing that this Justice League movie takes place before the end of "The Dark Knight Rises".
    Actually I think it would take place after it