Page 663 of 663 FirstFirst ... 163563613653659660661662663
Results 9,931 to 9,944 of 9944

So I just nabbed a sealed copy of the Captain America Silver Age Omnibus with the Kirby cover for cover price. I was hesitant, but I didn't see another copy on ebay to compare. Was that worth it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by SevDelta View Post
    So I just nabbed a sealed copy of the Captain America Silver Age Omnibus with the Kirby cover for cover price. I was hesitant, but I didn't see another copy on ebay to compare. Was that worth it at all?
    Little late now that the horse is out of the barn

Quote Originally Posted by SevDelta View Post
    double post

Quote Originally Posted by Runguy View Post
    Little late now that the horse is out of the barn
    Well, if I didn't make a great purchase, I'll still enjoy it but I at least like to know if I overpaid.

2 questions:

1.) In lieu of something like a Silver Age Dr. Strange Omnibus: which 1 or 2 Marvel Masterworks volumes would you recommend?

2.) Would it be alright to get just vol. 2 of the Byrne FF omnibus? I'm not a completist by any means, and the material I saw, esp. in the first half of vol. 1 looked kind of dull. I wasn't crazy about the reproduction, either.

I'm only really interested in ever green material that I can return to and enjoy. I don't need to 'have it all'.
    $3.99 IS TOO MUCH FOR A COMIC!

Don't buy something you don't need, you will be disappointed later. Unless you find it for very cheap and are willing to resell it later on. Can't lose there.

For Christmas my mom said she will buy me an omnibus.

Should I pick Spider Man Vol #1 (which I have read a lot of the stories already in original or reprint version)
    or
    Superman vol #1 which I have never read.

My Dad is pushing for Supe's volume, my mom says; "whatever makes me happy"....

Which one do you think This One will truly enjoy the most?
    ~Mantis Girl '94
    But my friends call me "Go Go"

SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anthony! View Post
    2 questions:

1.) In lieu of something like a Silver Age Dr. Strange Omnibus: which 1 or 2 Marvel Masterworks volumes would you recommend?

2.) Would it be alright to get just vol. 2 of the Byrne FF omnibus? I'm not a completist by any means, and the material I saw, esp. in the first half of vol. 1 looked kind of dull. I wasn't crazy about the reproduction, either.

I'm only really interested in ever green material that I can return to and enjoy. I don't need to 'have it all'.
    I can't recommend the first Byrne FF highly enough. Even if you skip reading everything until FF 232, you'd still get 30 issues of probably the best Fantastic Four issues ever produced. My only complaint about the Byrne FF omnibus is the lack of extras.

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    For Christmas my mom said she will buy me an omnibus.

Should I pick Spider Man Vol #1 (which I have read a lot of the stories already in original or reprint version)
    or
    Superman vol #1 which I have never read.

My Dad is pushing for Supe's volume, my mom says; "whatever makes me happy"....

Which one do you think This One will truly enjoy the most?
    I've only read parts of both of those but I would definitely go with Spider-Man. The difference between Golden Age Material and Silver Age material is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Pretty exciting box from CGN today - an off-cycle order of UXM v1, Hickman v1, Inhumans OHC, and the HCs of Uber and Mystery Society.

These new omnis are SO TEENY. Now that I have them in my hands I think I appreciate the "thinner paper = more shelf space" argument a little better. I'd certainly trade in my Secret Wars II for a thinner version :)

Thoughts on quality later.
    Looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by DonEMC View Post
    I loved the postOMD period of Spider-Man and I really think Marvel has done a great job of keeping the quality high and the book consistently fun ever since. I was not a Spider-Man fan after JMS introduced the Stacy twins and Spidey revealing his identity during Civil War was just too far out of character for me, but I think the post-OMD writers have done a great job with creating a new, yet familiar world around the newly-single Peter Parker and Spidey's adventures have, for the most part, been a lot of fun.
    The Brand New Day era of Amazing Spider-man was quite jarring to me when it first began. I wasn't a fan of One More Day as a Spider-man story, but I went ahead and gave the Spider brain trust a chance, and I'm glad I did. There were some great stories that came out of that era. Rereading it, it flows much better.

I'm only a dozen or so issues in, but I have really been enjoying myself. I would like to see this era, along with the rest of Slott's Amazing work, get the oversized treatment. Either Omnibuses or OSHC would be alright by me. It would be really great to have the beginning of JMS' run through current Superior Spider-man all oversized.

Ok guys, I went ahead and started Part 7 of the omnibus thread.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ssion-Part-VII

Ive asked the mods to close this thread!
    Last edited by merrick97; 10-22-2013 at 02:35 AM.
    My review of Absolute Dark Victory

If I were a MOD I would ban anyone who uses the stupid word "omniboo."

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    Ok guys, I went ahead and started Part 7 of the omnibus thread.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ussion-Part-VI

Ive asked the mods to close this thread!
    That's a link to part 6. I'd assumed the days of threads having post limits were long past us :(

Quote Originally Posted by cloysterpete View Post
    That's a link to part 6. I'd assumed the days of threads having post limits were long past us :(
    Fixed sir!

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ssion-Part-VII
    My review of Absolute Dark Victory

If I were a MOD I would ban anyone who uses the stupid word "omniboo."