Page 526 of 663 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576626 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 9944

ALERT the AVX Companion OHC is on sale at IST for 60% off cover price (or 62% with previous order discount) aka $40 (or $38). Quite a good deal there.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    ALERT the AVX Companion OHC is on sale at IST for 60% off cover price (or 62% with previous order discount) aka $40 (or $38). Quite a good deal there.
    Do that with the ROger Stern omnibus PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
    My review of Absolute Dark Victory

If I were a MOD I would ban anyone who uses the stupid word "omniboo."

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    Here is the cover for the regular edition according to Roger Stern himself

Issue 245 will be the DM version. This is one instance where the regular cover I think is better than the DM cover.
    I really like this cover EXCEPT the colors really muddy the artwork IMO. I wish they'd lightened it up a bit or did it in a more retro coloring style.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I really like this cover EXCEPT the colors really muddy the artwork IMO. I wish they'd lightened it up a bit or did it in a more retro coloring style.
    I had to lower the quality of the image to get it to post. It looks better.

Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

I'm gonna stick with the #245 cover. That image of the Hobgoblin being unmasked (even though it is just poor Lefty Donovan on the cover) really calls to mind that entire era for me perfectly.
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    I'm gonna stick with the #245 cover. That image of the Hobgoblin being unmasked (even though it is just poor Lefty Donovan on the cover) really calls to mind that entire era for me perfectly.
    SPOILERS!!!

Going with the DM cover myself. Thanks to Mr. stern for the info....

Wow, the updated Spidey info is awesome. Great cover, huge comprehensive contents with no orphaned issues, just awesome.

Almost 1300 pages!!! Even with the thinner paper it'll be huge. Is it the largest page count of a Marvel Omni to date?

I'll get the DM cover as well but I do confess the regular cover looks great. Hobgoblin is one of the greatest Spidey foes of the last 30+yrs and this Omni is where it all started!!!
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Stern's Spidey is the epitome of why I love comics. I am buying that.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Almost 1300 pages!!! Even with the thinner paper it'll be huge. Is it the largest page count of a Marvel Omni to date?

I'll get the DM cover as well but I do confess the regular cover looks great. Hobgoblin is one of the greatest Spidey foes of the last 30+yrs and this Omni is where it all started!!!
    Its the largest Marvel omni for sure.

Johns Teen Titans (1440 pages) and The Invisibles Omnibus (1536 pages) from DC are both bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

It's the largest by 96 pages. The next biggest IIRC is X-Statix at 1200.

This will be a massive book but hopefully with the thinner paper the size won't be as much of an issue. Imagine if this book came out in 2008! *shudder*

And who wants to bet the next Spider-Man Epic Collection that gets announced starts with 253 or ends with 223?

Great cover!! Man I'm pumped for this Omni!
    Now I hope we get SA vol 3 and 4 so we can get to the Gwen Stacy event.

Quote Originally Posted by dingbat46 View Post
    This is from my thread is the Spidey section...
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Stern View Post
    Actually, the final page count is somewhat higher ...

(I'd normally paste the cover here, but I fear it's too big for this board. You can see it at http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...mnibus?page=10)

SPIDER-MAN BY ROGER STERN OMNIBUS

Written by ROGER STERN with BILL MANTLO, TOM DeFALCO, MARV WOLFMAN, STEVE LEIALOHA, MARIE SEVERIN & JAN STRNAD

Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR. with MARIE SEVERIN, JIM MOONEY, RON FRENZ, MIKE ZECK, JOHN BYRNE, STEVE LEIALOHA, RICK LEONARDI, DENYS COWAN, LUKE McDONNELL, ED HANNIGAN, AL MILGROM, & BOB HALL

Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. & SR.

Because you demanded it! Mighty Marvel presents Roger Stern’s celebrated 1980s run on Spectacular Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man in one sensational Omnibus edition! Paired with John Romita Jr. and a cast of other top art talents, Roger Stern reinvigorated the life of everyone’s friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Stern crafted definitive battles with the Juggernaut, the Vulture and the Kingpin, the fan-favorite tale of “The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man,” the 1st appearance of Monica Rambeau (a.k.a. Captain Marvel), and the amazing introduction of the Hobgoblin! This is Spider-Man at his best—and Peter Parker, too! The lovely Black Cat, Amy Powell, and Mary Jane Watson are all vying for our hero’s undivided attention. So now that we have your attention, reserve your copy today, True Believer!

Collecting: SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #43-61 & 85, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #206, 224-252 & AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL (1964) #16-17 ... plus material from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #15, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #3, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #3 and WHAT IF…? #34

1296 PGS/Rated T…$125.00
    I'm really looking forward to this! It's gonna be HUUUUGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Great cover!! Man I'm pumped for this Omni!
    Now I hope we get SA vol 3 and 4 so we can get to the Gwen Stacy event.
    Marvel, make it so!

I'm really hoping for a volume 3 to go along with the Amazing Spider-man 2 movie, as well as another couple surprise Omnibuses.

Marvel and DC are going to take so much of my money in the near future.
    Last edited by chicainery; 08-30-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    It's the largest by 96 pages. The next biggest IIRC is X-Statix at 1200.

This will be a massive book but hopefully with the thinner paper the size won't be as much of an issue. Imagine if this book came out in 2008! *shudder*

And who wants to bet the next Spider-Man Epic Collection that gets announced starts with 253 or ends with 223?
    I would bet that. Who wrote before and after Stern?