Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    Brian and so is my wife thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy Marvelite View Post
    The Carols age thing...she is a Kree hybrid...do we know how long Kree live(when they don't die in battle or of cancer), do we know how they age.
    She is also a superhuman, and it has been stated in a avengers book that superhumans have physical benefits to metabolism and health(healthy people appear to be younger then they are). Also the time in space could have a theory of realativty thing going...where more time on earth passed then for here while she was out in the universe.

It could make sense if some characters once they get their powers have slowed aging(or extremely slowed aging in the cases of Namor and Wolverine).

Just some guesses...but plausible ones given it is a fictional universe. The ratio I learnt when started comics was 5 of our years equal 1 year marvel time.
    I don't subscribe to the notion that you can actually put a ratio to Marvel time because it's too subjective. The time between issues can be weeks or mere moments, and since some stories are shorter than others, true passage of time is impossible to pin down.

It makes more sense to just treat the age issue as you suggest, with most super-powered beings enjoying extended longevity or, in a few sad cases, unnaturally short life spans. It worked great in Legion of Super Heroes 5 Years Later. Although that was a state of science thing, not a powers based thing.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 03-11-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"

I sincerely hope Marvel DOESN'T see this discussion; assume it means "interest" and then proceeds to bring back that insipid Marcus! I wouldn't be interested in seeing him in a movie adaptation in any way, shape or form.
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

You know they don't have to make a story based on a pre-existing plot. They could always write something new.

Quote Originally Posted by LEADER DESSLOK View Post
    I sincerely hope Marvel DOESN'T see this discussion; assume it means "interest" and then proceeds to bring back that insipid Marcus! I wouldn't be interested in seeing him in a movie adaptation in any way, shape or form.
    i am pretty sure no one is going to mistake this thread for interest

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I dunno...I kinda agree with the folks who say this one story wouldn't prevent a movie featuring Carol Danvers to be made. This one story is not her only defining characteristic. And look at it this way, they've already used Carol in Earth's Mightiest Heroes which is a pretty kid friendly show on a popular channel.
    Popular channel? It aired on Disney XD, not main Disney. Besides, it's not just that one story. Carol Danvers is the most victimized women in comics.

http://lby3.com/wir/women.html

No one's list has more incidents, extends further than hers in text, or drew a "SHESESH!" from Gail.

The curious one.

Carol is in many ways a case study in what can happen to a character when they don't have their own book anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    No. While the fact that the storyline exists wouldn't stop them making a movie with Carol in, they're never going to go near that story line on the screen.
    Yeah, I don't think any mainstream media types would really want to do that storyline. Especially since I think marvel still owns the rights to carol. And if they did do that story, they couldn't really re-release that issue as a movie tie in, unless they retcon the heck out of it someway.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 03-12-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
    Popular channel? It aired on Disney XD, not main Disney. Besides, it's not just that one story. Carol Danvers is the most victimized women in comics.

http://lby3.com/wir/women.html

No one's list has more incidents, extends further than hers in text, or drew a "SHESESH!" from Gail.
    Thread has mostly been about the Marcus issues so that's why I just referred to that one story, but even taking into account those other incidents, none of those things render Carol an unusable character. I brought up Earth's Mightiest Heroes because obviously the producers felt there must be some appeal to her. They didn't go, "This character was symbolically raped in a story from 1980. She is too much of a political hot potato, let's stay away from her."

Quote Originally Posted by Rockthrowingman View Post
    You know they don't have to make a story based on a pre-existing plot. They could always write something new.
    Exactly, if a movie gets made, they'll probably just ignore it. If they do use the comics for a plot, there are lots of comics where she doesn't get sexually assaulted to draw ideas from.

Look at it this way. there's an old issue of the magazine sized Hulk from the late 70's/early 80's where a couple of guys threaten to rape Bruce Banner at the YMCA. I could be wrong but I don't think this incident has been used in any of the movies or cartoons.