Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    No we can't; deal with it.
    Quoted for f*cking truth. People need to put on their big boy pants and realize that the old DCu is over. It was a phase of DC that is gone. It's not like they just burst open your door and took all of your comics and trades from the old DCu. You can still read them.
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

No we can't; deal with it.
    LOL
    Well...ok :)

I love the new 52...it's what got me back into comics. I don't want them to revert back to the old DCU.

Anyway, is ECCC over now or can we expect anymore news coming out today/tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Also, big Earth 2 crossover on 2014!
    I got the impression it was more of a DCU/Multiverse event than just an Earth-2 crossover event. Robinson said: "It's one of the pieces of what DC and I are planning...little pieces building and building into what will be a major event for DC in 2014." Wonder if this will be tied to Multiversity?

BANNED

DC will probably just use Multiverstiy to springboard this 2014 event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rnj558 View Post
    Can we just get the real dcu back?
    I must say, being a comic fan for over 30 years, I was excited about the change, especially because it was supposed to be a "soft" reboot. But I think for the most part this has been a jumbled, corporate driven mess. In all my years, this is the most disgusted I have ever been with comic books in general. Didio Lee and Johns have obliterated the DCU.
    What is 'the old DCU'? You realize that every few years, they rebooted or retconned or introduced new origins with Year One stories?

The "OLD DCU" ended in 1951. Then the next DCU ended in 1985. The post-Crisis DCU ended with Infinite Crisis. The post-Infinite Crisis DCU ended with Flashpoint.

Which of those DCUs are you talking about?

DC will probably just use Multiverstiy to springboard this 2014 event.
    Do you think Multiversity is going to be an actual event within the DC Universe or just kind of a mini-series off to itself?

Still wish Kindt had gotten the Martian Manhunter gig as a standalone book. Oh well...
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Do you think Multiversity is going to be an actual event within the DC Universe or just kind of a mini-series off to itself?
    Good question. I've wondered the same myself. When Morrison talks about it, he makes it sound epic. He calls it his Lord of the Rings/Magnum Opus. I would think DC might try to milk it for all they can and make it a DCU event with Crossovers/Tie-ins. They've done it before. When Sinestro Corps was a blockbuster hit, they turned Blackest Night from a GL event to a DCU event. However, Morrison has a lot of pull with DC editorial. So, he might want to keep it a contained story.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    What is 'the old DCU'? You realize that every few years, they rebooted or retconned or introduced new origins with Year One stories?

The "OLD DCU" ended in 1951. Then the next DCU ended in 1985. The post-Crisis DCU ended with Infinite Crisis. The post-Infinite Crisis DCU ended with Flashpoint.

Which of those DCUs are you talking about?
    I think its the execution and scope of the reboot that's turned off some fans. There was 34 years in between the 1st reboot you mentioned. 20 Years between Crisis and Infinite Crisis. 5 years between IC and Flashpoint. A reboot after 20-34 years is understandable. A reboot after 5 years? That's too soon (IMHO). Not too mention before Crisis, they didn't really reboot the entire DCU. They just did it with some of the Heroes. Also, thanks to Flash of Two Worlds, they were able to keep both continuities going. With the Flashpoint reboot, DCU didn't allow that. They also were inconsistent with how the executed it. Some characters were completely rebooted while others were not. Its not hard to see why some of us are asking for the old DCU. For me, that's pre-Flashpoint DC.

Once again. It's over. Move on.

I waited for 20+ years for the pre-crisis earth to return. Never happened and neither will the pre-new 52.

Double post!!! My bad.

... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedHood420 View Post

I waited for 20+ years for the pre-crisis earth to return. Never happened and neither will the pre-new 52.
    I wish I could "like" this. I really do.

But after 25 years I know that while elements of what I missed from before COIE may return, that era is gone, and so is the "Old DCU" that some posters are still missing.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHood420 View Post

QFT.

I hated every dcu before this one. I had to suffer water hands and hook hands to finally get Silver Age Aquaman modernized - how hard was that!? I love the new 52. Could care less about the previous continuity. "Rogue War" is still my favorite comics story even though Wally doesn't exist right now. There had to be some sacrifices.
    Last.FM || Favorite Hero: Aquaman || Favorite Neutral: Red Hood || Favorite Villain: Black Manta

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rnj558 View Post
    Can we just get the real dcu back?
    I must say, being a comic fan for over 30 years, I was excited about the change, especially because it was supposed to be a "soft" reboot. But I think for the most part this has been a jumbled, corporate driven mess. In all my years, this is the most disgusted I have ever been with comic books in general. Didio Lee and Johns have obliterated the DCU.
    Please limit complaints about to the new52 to the All-Purpose New 52 Complaint thread. It is a sticky on the first page. Very convenient.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.