Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The “Evolution of Abe Sapien” Art Contest

Supercool.
    I'm gonna try for making me an entry.

This competition isn't restricted to U.S. or continental residents only, is it? I didn't find stipulations pointing to such in the rules myself.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

This competition is open to everyone worldwide.

If you guys are able to spread the word about this competition, that'd be really awesome. It all helps.

Hope you're hard at work on your entries. Remember the due date is 5pm EST, March 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    Hope you're hard at work on your entries. Remember the due date is 5pm EST, March 31st.
    Thanks Middenway. I made it, by the skin of my teeth. Had lots o fun.
    "Doctor, Doctor, my brain hurts." -Mr.Gumby

Sad I didn't get time to work on one! But its been awesome seeing all that Abe art.
    I hope theres 31 days of hellboy, and liz, and roger, and everyone else mignolaverse in the future..
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

Last day! I hope everyone got their entries in.

Default Whoops

Posted in the wrong thread...
    Last edited by Middenway; 04-01-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Last day! I hope everyone got their entries in.
    Thanks to a nasty inner-ear-infection plus more ordinary-life-stuff I didn't get a chance to work on an entry.

Plus I guess I don't feel as confident on knowing where to stand regarding Abe (or Liz) to be frank. Not as much as Hellboy or Edward Grey or even Lobster Johnson. Which seems significant since this competition was asking "What does Abe look like to you?" or along those lines.

Apparently Abe is most currently on a turning point, or as having undergone some transition.

I feel I've seen in the books that both Liz and Abe are being set apart, taking out of current B.P.R.D. routine, like their roles or future part are somehow placed under scrutiny as needing further reassessment or some form of development.

For Liz because either she needs to master her "skill" or potentially be to succumb to it / through it.

And for Abe, because... He didn't seem happy... Or he didn't seem to thrive or shine due to particularly any fishyness of his. Like he'd be functioning as just a guy instead of as particularly a fishy or biologically alternate kind of person.

Although weird underground folk or Black Flamey types started pointing him out as being of special potential or significance. At which Abe seemed to remain silent, kind of like how Hellboy may have seemed to deny or be blind toward any destiny of his.

All of which for Abe urges me to ponder just what type of experiment he'd have been, as done to him by strictly Victorian Society types. Ponder on why that name "Icthyo" would have been stuck to Abe, like if Abe would be some kind of "salvation" or superbeing (like some fabled fish-God) or future evolutionary step, then maybe he would be tainted or unsavory more rather than favorable - sort of like a Hellboy "in reverse".
    With Hellboy as being a good guy to be dealing with a 'bad-guy-destiny' and Abe as turning out 'a future evolutionary step which technically shouldn't be existing'.

Then again, for having joint or linked destinies, maybe Hellboy and Abe and Liz can conspire together into flipping any destinies or Apocalyptic outcomes back onto itself.
    Or the end of it all might mean there'd only be no-nose fishes in a burnt-down post-doomed world?

Hmm, this might be the antibiotics talking...
    Last edited by Kees_L; 04-01-2013 at 10:19 AM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

You can see all the entrants here and here.

Awesome pieces. Some of them are really polished, and mostly in color. Great contest.

GENE!!!!
    it's been forever,Bud!
    I hope all is well!

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Poonyo View Post
    Awesome pieces. Some of them are really polished, and mostly in color. Great contest.
    There were over 200 entries. It's pretty stunning. And the winner is announced tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post
    GENE!!!!
    it's been forever,Bud!
    I hope all is well!
    Hi Gary, never been better. Thanks for asking.