Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 31 Days of Abe

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    This it, the last one. I hope you've all enjoyed the 31 Days of Abe promotion. It was a lot of work
    Although I admittedly missed what '31 Days of Abe' was supposed to be all about, I've certainly appreciated seeing all of the uniquely wonderful takes on this character! Several huge standouts- obviously Mike's and the one where the gator monster is peeking its head beneath the water as if to snatch Abe's head off (with him showing nothing more than a serenely placid non-smile). All great stuff and I appreciate the effort in putting all of these pieces together.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Hill View Post
    ...I admittedly missed what '31 Days of Abe' was supposed to be all about...
    Basically it was to draw some attention towards Abe Sapien becoming an ongoing series, launching in April. The art competition was a big part of that, as was having so many artists (77!) draw their own version of the character. There were also interviews and articles (see below) we did, however on this forum they may have gotten lost in the shuffle. Here they are again:

There were also a bunch of other articles and interviews that month that weren't to do with Abe, but I'll throw them in here too:

Plus there were the usual reviews, which are really more of a post-game conversation:

All in all, it was a busy month. Obviously now that Abe Sapien is out there, we're slowing down quite a bit, but Mignolaversity is a regular part of the Multiversity Comics site and we'll always be doing new reviews, interviews, articles and columns. (I'm working on some more Hell Notes right now...)
    Last edited by Middenway; 04-07-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Those Hell Notes are fantastic Middenway, glad to hear your doing more. Any hint on what the next one is on?

I'd love you for to do an analysis on the different fables/myths/legends/folk tales/literature that was alluded to in Hellboy In Hell, or maybe even older story arcs. Or even one on the Heliopic Brotherhood would be good.

Either way keep'em coming!

To be honest, I feel ill-equipped to handle an article on the allusions and references in Hellboy in Hell. Not that I wouldn't write an article like that, but I'd been leaning heavily on other people's observations from forums and reviews. There have been a few requests for something like that.

OK, I definitely have to do one on the Heliopic Brotherhood and its off-shoots. I'll add that to my list. As to what I'm working on now, look to the stories that are coming out at the moment. I try to tie theme in by or plot point to something recent.

Default Evolution of Abe Sapien Finalists Revealed: David’s Picks

Middenway! And the rest of the illustrious Mignolaversity Society!

You ROCK!

The Abe competition and Art Stream ROCK!

The Interview Stream ROCKS!

And the Hell Notes... > o the humanity... <

ROCK!
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Default Evolution of Abe Sapien Finalists Revealed: Brian’s Picks

Thanks Kees. Here's Brian's picks.

Default Evolution of Abe Sapien Finalists Revealed: More of Our Picks

Default The “Evolution of Abe Sapien” Winner Announced!