- Interview: Talkin’ Abe Sapien with Scott Allie
- Interview: A Colorful Conversation with Dave Stewart
- Interview: Taking the Next Step in Abe Sapien’s Evolution with Artist Sebastian Fiumara
- Interview: Talking the (Increasingly Not So) Wonderful World of “B.P.R.D.” with John Arcudi
- Multiversity Comics Countdown: Five Reasons You Can’t Miss the “Abe Sapien” Ongoing SeriesCheck out the final point on this one. John Arcudi, Tyler Crook, James Harren, Brian McDonald, Peter Snejbjerg, and Scott Allie all talk about their experience with Abe Sapien and what makes him such a great character. I personally really liked this one.
- Multiversity Comics Countdown: Abe Sapien’s Most Defining MomentsI got to write my own article. This was my first, and it was pretty fun.
- Podcast: The Next Issue of the Hour Cosmic in 4 Color Episode 1: B.P.R.Dudes
- Recommendation: Multiversity Recommends the MignolaverseA bunch of the writers at Multiversity talk about what they love about the Hellboy Universe.
- Hype Machine: Abe Sapien
- Behind-the-scenes Sneak Peek: Getting in the Process of “Abe Sapien” #2 from Mignola, Allie, Fiumara and Stewart
There were also a bunch of other articles and interviews that month that weren't to do with Abe, but I'll throw them in here too:
- Interview: Jason Latour on “Sledgehammer ’44,” and His Experiences in the Mignolaverse
- Interview: Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá on “B.P.R.D.: Vampire” Being Fans First, and Getting Their PhDs in the Mignolaverse
- Hell Notes: Hellboy in Hell #1-3
- Hell Notes: Hellboy in Hell #4
- Hell Notes: What the Hell is Vril?
Plus there were the usual reviews, which are really more of a post-game conversation:
- Hellboy in Hell #4
- Sledgehammer 44 #1
- B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth #105: A Cold Day in Hell (Part 1)
- B.P.R.D. Vampire #1
- Abe Sapien #1: Dark and Terrible (Part 1)
All in all, it was a busy month. Obviously now that Abe Sapien is out there, we're slowing down quite a bit, but Mignolaversity is a regular part of the Multiversity Comics site and we'll always be doing new reviews, interviews, articles and columns. (I'm working on some more Hell Notes right now...)
Last edited by Middenway; 04-07-2013 at 05:38 AM.
Those Hell Notes are fantastic Middenway, glad to hear your doing more. Any hint on what the next one is on?
I'd love you for to do an analysis on the different fables/myths/legends/folk tales/literature that was alluded to in Hellboy In Hell, or maybe even older story arcs. Or even one on the Heliopic Brotherhood would be good.
Either way keep'em coming!
To be honest, I feel ill-equipped to handle an article on the allusions and references in Hellboy in Hell. Not that I wouldn't write an article like that, but I'd been leaning heavily on other people's observations from forums and reviews. There have been a few requests for something like that.
OK, I definitely have to do one on the Heliopic Brotherhood and its off-shoots. I'll add that to my list. As to what I'm working on now, look to the stories that are coming out at the moment. I try to tie theme in by or plot point to something recent.
Middenway! And the rest of the illustrious Mignolaversity Society!
The Abe competition and Art Stream ROCK!
The Interview Stream ROCKS!
And the Hell Notes... > o the humanity... <
Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet. ~ (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.
Thanks Kees. Here's Brian's picks.