Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    once and future

I kind of do like the idea of a Blue Lantern Corps title, and I've barely read GL since Blackest Night. I really like the way they cross spirituality with acceptance and peace. The DCU could do with a lot more of that.

The writer would have to really get Buddhism and Hinduism for it to work, though. And a lot of imagination. These aren't just more superheroes, they've got a better way.

I'd rather read about the Star Sapphires.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
    I kind of do like the idea of a Blue Lantern Corps title, and I've barely read GL since Blackest Night. I really like the way they cross spirituality with acceptance and peace. The DCU could do with a lot more of that.

The writer would have to really get Buddhism and Hinduism for it to work, though. And a lot of imagination. These aren't just more superheroes, they've got a better way.
    Yes, a book can be more positive and zen and still have more action. For instance, a space armada is going to shoot at a planet of helpless citizens so one Blue Lantern puts up a force screen to protect against the lasers at cost to themselves (lends putting character in danger), while a second blue lantern has to smash his/her way deep into the head ship to the command center (lending "smash" action) because the only way to stop the fight is to instill hope that fighting doesn't have to be the only way in the leader who has given up in finding a better way for his space faring race.

So there is an equal balance of zen qualities with action, it CAN be done. Of course, only a good writer could pull it off on a regular basis.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Pandora_ View Post
    I'd rather read about the Star Sapphires.
    Why though? They are yet another negative corps that are often depicted as obsessive murderers in the expression of their "love". Like I was saying a page back on the thread, the Blue Lanterns are the only other corps besides the greens that are positive in their deeds, all the other corps fail in that regard as they are either brutes or killers.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Why though? They are yet another negative corps that are often depicted as obsessive murderers in the expression of their "love". Like I was saying a page back on the thread, the Blue Lanterns are the only other corps besides the greens that are positive in their deeds, all the other corps fail in that regard as they are either brutes or killers.
    Why? Because the Star Sapphires have Carol Ferris, and the Blue Lantern Corps don't have her. And I would rather read about Carol Ferris leading her Corps than the on goings of the Blue guys.

And just to throw what seems to be the cool thing to do these days.....

The Star Sapphires would be an all female team book. And diversity and all that stuff. And DC could use more female main characters. And you're a Batgirl fan so you should hear what I'm saying and stuff.

P.S. - LOL