Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Indigo Tribe. NOK!!!

Yes, they should be more powerful. On that note and another question; how long before they have a sentient blue sun as a Blue Lantern Corps member? Hmmm?

I would love a blue lantern comic. I suggested it a little while ago in my shake up thread. I also have designed several blue lantern characters (I know I'm not a DC writer but I can dream right :p ) and have started using one of them in fanfiction.

Thumbs up

I'd love a Blue Lanterns book too

Having the BLs be the weakest corps made no sense to me because Hope can be quite a strong influence

I also sincerely hope (heh) they dump all this "Hope is nothing without Will" crap because IMHO it's a dull requirement that only stunts the BLs potential.
    Alan (to Sam): "I believe you're turning me into a sap, Sir."
    Earth 2 #2

I've always thought a book centering one corps is a problem because you're restricted by one emotion. Red Lanterns has been having an issue with this all along. They had to dim down the rage to try and even attain a story, which they really haven't yet. I don't think the Blue Lanterns need to be more powerful, they might be able to explore different powers sets but I don't want to see them running around welding constructs because we already have green lantern for that ( I also think it was a mistake to have Rankor do them)

In order for these books to do well there needs to be sonething unique sbout them. I hope with larfleezethey try and do the comedy approach or something st least.(also notice how only the violent colors are getting books). I'd only want a Blue Lantern book if it wasn't about fighting since that's not their mo, but I also think that would make it a harder sell.

I still stand by my original idea that there should have been a Tales of the corp book, that way you could explore multiple things at the same time.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    I've always thought a book centering one corps is a problem because you're restricted by one emotion. Red Lanterns has been having an issue with this all along. They had to dim down the rage to try and even attain a story, which they really haven't yet. I don't think the Blue Lanterns need to be more powerful, they might be able to explore different powers sets but I don't want to see them running around welding constructs because we already have green lantern for that ( I also think it was a mistake to have Rankor do them)

In order for these books to do well there needs to be sonething unique sbout them. I hope with larfleezethey try and do the comedy approach or something st least.(also notice how only the violent colors are getting books). I'd only want a Blue Lantern book if it wasn't about fighting since that's not their mo, but I also think that would make it a harder sell.

I still stand by my original idea that there should have been a Tales of the corp book, that way you could explore multiple things at the same time.
    I agree, Rankor was a mistake with his constructs, and each Lantern Corp should have a different angle. I like that :)

Green: Constructs
    Yellow: Images of fear
    Red: Pure melting, fire
    Blue: healing and recovery
    Indigo: Redirecting power and teleporting
    Orange: spirit creations, basically Familiars of those you have killed
    Star Sapphire: defense

Good ideas, keep them unique... But make them awesome
    "I don't handle well."

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Sigh, so they are trying yet again to give new life to the poorly selling Red Lanterns title by putting Guy Gardner into the center of it. And now even Larfleeze who in my opinion is a one-note villian, is getting his own comic. And yet the inspirational Blue Lanterns with their leader Saint Walker are again ignored for the opportunity to get their own series.

One could almost feel like giving up hope, sad lol.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorblax View Post
    I'd read a series about the Blue Lantern Corps as is, no power upgrade needed. Every issue would be about solving super-hero problems without using your fists, using cleverness, diplomacy, and inspiration.

If they really needed it, in the first arc they could introduce a Green Lantern who starts sidekicking for Saint Walker. Ch'p, maybe?
    I would really like it if the Blue Lanterns were amazingly powerful, but chose pacifism over power. I would absolutely love a story where the Blue Lanterns solve problems without the force, but have it in reserve. Pacifism means more if you have the capacity for great power, but you make a choice not to use it. As opposed to just not being able to do anything without a Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Sigh, so they are trying yet again to give new life to the poorly selling Red Lanterns title by putting Guy Gardner into the center of it. And now even Larfleeze who in my opinion is a one-note villian, is getting his own comic. And yet the inspirational Blue Lanterns with their leader Saint Walker are again ignored for the opportunity to get their own series.

They aren't fighters, books with no fighting seem to sell less than others do.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Did you not see the pic in the OP
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

I hope they get one too! I was wishing the Controllers would come back and have a battle with Larfleeze. Maybe have them take his Orange Battery away, then let him keep at least a ring. That is what is missing with the Orange Lanterns and the Red Lanterns as well, someone like the Oans and Zamarons to lead them. The Blue Lanterns had/has Ganthet and Sayd, but we all know whats happened with both of them sadly.. I will keep hoping for the Blue Lanterns though! :D

I became a fan of the Blue Lanterns a few years ago, but my love and interest has diminished as they continually are just used as plot devices to prop up the Green Lanterns, same as all the other colored Corps, which is continually all of their biggest flaw - that they aren't truly independent from the Green Lanterns at all story wise. If the Blue Lanterns were allowed to become truly more powerful and independent as a Corps, THAT would be a monthly ongoing Lantern comic I'd plop my money down for! I would love to read a monthly comic about heroes who are all about inspiring hope in others.
    I'd prefer the blue lanterns to be forgotten as the lame concept they are.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

They could certainly use some more story arcs focusing on them to put them into the spotlight. I always felt that it was a missed opportunity not to explore them more. I mean there homeworld got taken by the Reach and needed more of a recruitment drive. Evilstar was threatening one of the recruits homeworld so certainly these things should be examined. And they lack a Guardian so how does they operate? Lets see more of the organization and show what makes them different from GLs.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Did you not see the pic in the OP
    Yes I did. I read the books. But that's not what they do. You can't have a book about a corps that's main focus is peace and have them go around the universe kicking ass all the time. It's like when you had Atrocitus in Red Lanterns going on philosophically about life for a long time.

Is there a list of DC titles that lasted for a long time that did not focus on fighting? For comparison purposes?
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

What? The Red Lantern title is far from being a poor selling title. It's still in the top 100 after all.