Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    OMG IT IS!!!
    Maybe it's Jason Aaron. He does have the beard...

Long live (the) Wood!
    Ultimate is something that 616 would want to be, but never will.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    Long live (the) Wood!
    Ultimate is something that 616 would want to be, but never will.
    And thank goodness for that.

Retired

As someone who loathes Psylocke everywhere but the Ultimate Universe (and specifically Wood's version as the sole exception), I'm excited to hear he has plans for her. Hopefully she's actually Kwannon reborn. Everything sounds excellent. I've only recently been turned on to this book (starting with Spencer's last issue), but it's one I look forward to the most. My only quibble was the art, but with Asrar joining, that's no longer an issue. An incredible read month after month.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    That sounds like an awesome story line but where's capt. america in all this? I really can't see him agreeing to something like that.
    The US has been struck down in the Ultimates universe and in my opinion will never get back up. It is no longer a superpower.

That's why all of the posters decrying the direction of Ultimates don't seem to be reading the book. Ultimates is basically showing how xenophobia and misplaced patriotism are going to keep the US down.

No Johnny ? More humans persecuting mutants ? I think I'm losing interest here.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

who wouldn't want to be a pretty slut vs an ugly forever ?
    ~~ forgotten poster

Looking forward to what comes next. Sad that he is done with Johnny for now. Though its nice he is going to talk about Psylocke maybe even how she came back.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

BANNED

Of course, Captain America is going to have to feature in this story if the government are trying take over Utopia even though Cap promised a peaceful co-existence. I'd be perfectly fine with him not having the power to stop it from happening (Presidents don't hold anywhere close to as much power as most people think. They have many, many bosses and do not solely make political decisions). But Cap HAS to at least appear in the arc and try to stop the attacks and attempt to throw whichever government organisation that orchestrated the attacks into prison. And he needs to try and do this politically. You can make all the excuses you want about him being busy fighting Hydra. But if he hasn't got the time to run Office, he shouldn't be doing it all.

Yeah i'm really hoping we can see President Steve Rogers in the upcoming story arc, i just love the whole shades of grey outlook Wood has. Not to mention we totally need a Mutant named Django Freeman for this arc, or perhaps Kitty Pryde gets off the chains!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I'm glad that UCXM and the Ultimate Wolverine mini series are going to be telling stories that have been left hanging since Nick Spencer's run on UCXM and Ultimate X. Being patient has really paid off. I also really hope that Psylocke turns out to be the same Psylocke from the original Ultimate X-Men. I really want her to have just survived Ultimatum. But on a side note, if Psylocke turned out to be a clone or something, I'd be cool with that too. I'm just glad she's in the book. I'm just really looking forward to seeing why Kitty & the X-Men don't recognize her, or why they never brought up that she is supposed to be dead. The answers to Psylocke's return should be very interesting. What is even more interesting is that Psylocke is back because editors must have forgotten she was dead, and Wood got to bring her back on accident. Now Wood is taking it upon himself to tell a story to explain this. Really interesting how this character came to end up in this book. More interesting to see what Wood does to explain all this with in the continuity. Tian and all that wil be great. Like to see whats up with all of that. There hasn't been alot said about them. I wonder if Karen Grant will use her real name of Jean Grey. Maybe when she comes face to face with Kitty and them, they might call her Jean Grey. Have to wait and see. It was great to see Storm's past of what happened to her since Camp Angel being filled in storywise in Stormfront. I like seeing all the stories matching up together, and getting all of the story shown to me on the page. And getting to find out who Jimmy Hudson's mother is, and all the mysteries around him being told in the Ultimate Wolverine mini series will be awsome!

It's a good time to be an Ultimate X-Men fan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    naw, kitty is going to go in HERO MODE
    I'm not so sure about that. After X-War or during, Kitty Pryde is likely to become Ultimate American history's most hated mutant terrorist, as revealed in #1. And in Brian Wood's #13, it was revealed that Wood would be continuing this pivotal, character defining storyline. I believe it to be Wood's main focus on the book; it's been a long time coming but it's a slow building storyline that I am very, very much interested in. I can't wait.

I believe that after the devastation of X-War, it won't necessarily be Nomi (Mach Two) accepting and joining Kitty's cause, but the other way round. You heard it here first, folks. I think Kitty is going to agree with Nomi's point of view after the war has ended.. or during it. Remember, I was the one who called it.

I quote from UCXM #13, the first sentence in Wood's Ultimate X-Men.
    This is how I became the most feared and hated terrorist in the history of the United States.

I said that, I did, absolutely.

Have you been holding your breath all this time?
    Yes, Kitty. I have. And I'm blue in the face.

So yeah, I think the pressure's going to get to Kitty. And I think we're already seeing signs of this now with her being overly argumentative and irrational towards Jimmy whenever he takes initiative. She's losing it.

Also, back in Peter Parker's Chameleon arc in UCSM, Kitty went mad with rage, swore revenge upon those who hated mutants and set fire to almost an entire street. And if her friends hadn't shown up in time it's very likely she could have killed someone. She even said the words "Magneto was right." which is understandable due to how she had to deal with the bigotry and the prosecution after Ultimatum and also before it. Of course, she's thought things through and has decided to fight for a peaceful co-existence between Man and Mutant, attempting to fulfil Xavier's dream. But I don't think this will last for long.

One must also take note of the similarities between Kitty and Mach Two. Mach Two is just like a younger version of her, except with a different point of view due to having different experiences, particularly not having been tutored by Charles Xavier. But other than those subtle differences, they are almost the same character. And I really like how Brain Wood has done that, making Mach Two sort of like Kitty's little sister.

I think after X-War, this will all boil down to the readers having mixed feelings about who's right. Karen/Jean and Tian.. or Kitty and Nomi's group.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

I'll hold you to that prediction. Kitty's moved past that stage (I think) and if she hadn't, she'd already be in Nomi's camp. Nomi's views are a bit more extreme yeah, but that's probably why I don't see Kitty going that route

I got faith in the Pryde of the X-men
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Did not some of the current X-Men have the option to escape to Tian, or did they never have that opportunity given they were already trapped in a concentration camp or whatever?

The lesson seems to be sometimes things irredeemably deteriorate to where one just has to run for one's life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I'll hold you to that prediction. Kitty's moved past that stage (I think) and if she hadn't, she'd already be in Nomi's camp. Nomi's views are a bit more extreme yeah, but that's probably why I don't see Kitty going that route

I got faith in the Pryde of the X-men
    Well, both Nick Spencer and Brian Wood have stated in-book that this is the story of how Kitty eventually becomes the most hated and most feared mutant in the history of the united states. That neans more hated and feared than Magneto. Kitty is currently telling this story, being the narrator. I seriously doubt both Spencer and Wood would lie to us in their opening pages. Especially such a big lie in such an important and memorable part of their runs, the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Well, both Nick Spencer and Brian Wood have stated in-book that this is the story of how Kitty eventually becomes the most hated and most feared mutant in the history of the united states. That neans more hated and feared than Magneto. Kitty is currently telling this story, being the narrator. I seriously doubt both Spencer and Wood would lie to us in their opening pages. Especially such a big lie in such an important and memorable part of their runs, the start.
    I think you have some excellent insight into the direction of the book even through changes of writers.

Now here is a thought which I admit probably is not the intention of the writers: The Ultimate X-Men are actually by definition terrorists. They are pure terrorists.

The reason is that there is a continuum as the saying goes that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. The difference is, even from the perspective of the US, the Ultimate X-Men have no constituency, no base among the population to speak of.

Just looking at US history, whether it was the Revolutionary War as fought in the South or the Civil War with groups such as Quantrill's Raiders, there is some group of associated people who provide support and safe havens. That does not appear to be happening with the Ultimate X-Men. They are basically alone. Now because of their superpowers they are enabled to be a lot more self-sufficient that how a random group of people would be, but that just makes them pure terrorists as would be portrayed in more jingoistic fiction.