Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Quote Originally Posted by kurumais View Post
    i saw those covers and thought the next nightwing is just going to be brutally hearthbreaking but then i remembered kyle higgins is writing it.
    It really should be. Besides Bruce, this should hit him the hardest. He was the first to trust Damian and the first friend he had.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "Tt..You can't just build a boat and hope darkness magically sails away with it."

"Why not? It's my boat."

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

It could be why he's leaving Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    DAMN tim is a Dick
    If you read the last issue of Teen Titans you'd know Tim is being mind controlled. I for one can't wait to see how it plays out.

I think people's issue is that the arc is badly placed. A child just died and thats the cover they choose. It couldn't have waited an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by screaming skull View Post
    Agreed. I liked how Steph was actually one of the few people he considered to be a friend.

exactly honestly when bruce came back and then they rebooted i thought damain was headed for trouble without dick and steph in his life. at least with them and alfred he stood a chance of becoming a decent guy. i thought " oh well here comes jason todd 2" i had no dea how right i was

Quote Originally Posted by batman98 View Post
    I think people's issue is that the arc is badly placed. A child just died and thats the cover they choose. It couldn't have waited an issue.
    Personally, I think both DoTF and the events in Batman, Inc #8 were both badly timed myself and that it wouldn't be an issue at all if Morrison had been allowed to start Inc vol. 2 at the start of reboot instead of in a later wave of titles.

As for this specific cover it could simply be that Lobdell wasn't informed of the "death of Robin" before he was already committed to the storyline TT just started and the artist may have merely added in the Robin suit to the already existing cover so that it would at least jive with all the memorial covers.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by kurumais View Post
    exactly honestly when bruce came back and then they rebooted i thought damain was headed for trouble without dick and steph in his life. at least with them and alfred he stood a chance of becoming a decent guy. i thought " oh well here comes jason todd 2" i had no dea how right i was
    That's an intriguing concept. The fact that Dick and Alfred could have saved Damian but Bruce couldn't. I wonder if DC or any writer working for them might have the guts to run with that angle.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Damian's death is actually a reflection of him being saved. Heroic sacrifice and all that. Thats the tragedy of it. Him becoming a "decent guy" is ultimately what lead to his death.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-04-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Damian's death is actually a reflection of him being saved. Heroic sacrifice and all that. Thats the tragedy of it. Him becoming a "decent guy" is ultimately what lead to his death.
    "Being Robin is the best thing I've done."

I like to think he thought that til the very end.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together