Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    According to Thor, because they are so powerful that if the blasts started flying around... it would be messy IIRC.
    Messy for whom? Isn't this the same Odin that destroys galaxies as a side effect? Why does he care about things getting messy now but not then? Or was he too after this item Galactus wanted?

Of course then Odin went and headbutted Galactus and both fell down to Earth. Galactus stood up. Odin didn't.
    I don't understand, from the way you phrased it..it sounds like Odin headbutted Galactus and then KO'ed himself in doing so. Or did you mean Odin was losing the mental battle so he tried to get in a headbutt before he lost consciousness?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Messy for whom? Isn't this the same Odin that destroys galaxies as a side effect? Why does he care about things getting messy now but not then? Or was he too after this item Galactus wanted?
    Odin had the item Galactus wanted, somewhere. Odin didn't want Galactus to get it. Fight happened.

They were both fighting in space, a relatively short distance away from Earth, where all the cool stuff is.

Sif went 'Why are they mind fighting?'

Thor goes 'To avoid everything going boom'

Not really rocket science here.

I don't understand, from the way you phrased it..it sounds like Odin headbutted Galactus and then KO'ed himself in doing so. Or did you mean Odin was losing the mental battle so he tried to get in a headbutt before he lost consciousness?
    Okay, telepathy contest going on.

Odin: Bastard! How dare you use that memory!

Galactus: Huh, you got inside my mind.

So yeah, Galactus was winning the mind battle.

Odin then went for a headbutt, which smashed Galactus helmet. The headbutt leaves both of them kind in not exactly a good state and they both fall to Earth.

Galactus immediately gets up and heals all the damage. Odin stays semi unconscious for the rest of the battle.

Edit: As a sidenote, the way Thor explains it makes it seems like that's kind of like the standard way guys with too much power prefer to fight. No fancy transmutation or reality warping, just plain mind battle.
    Last edited by Hazard; 03-01-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Well, Galactus wanted the World Seed to sate his hunger. The World Seed belonged to Odin. If he went at it for real with Galactus, he would've blown it up and that really isn't an option for either party.

I believe it was the latter. Though it did lead to the former.

Funny fact, Odin's grand argument and motivation for fighting against Galactus was pretty much "Galactus wants to become a god by eating the Seed".

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Not really rocket science here.
    Well now that I know Odin too cared about the artifact and they were near Earth it makes more sense. I thought maybe by "fell" to Earth they were hitting each other so hard they went from..whatever dimension Asgard is in to Earth. Admittedly part of me thought that because I wanted to imagine them fighting on that rainbow bridge.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Well now that I know Odin too cared about the artifact and they were near Earth it makes more sense. I thought maybe by "fell" to Earth they were hitting each other so hard they went from..whatever dimension Asgard is in to Earth. Admittedly part of me thought that because I wanted to imagine them fighting on that rainbow bridge.
    This was pretty recently when Asgard was (still is?) on Earth.