View Poll Results: Choose one

Voters
66. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Jason Todd

30 45.45%
  • Damian Wayne

31 46.97%
  • Neither (explain)

5 7.58%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by bungi43 View Post
    . . . I think the big thing that stands out for me about Jason...is WE are the ones who made it happen. The news story wasn't broke early. The writers had to write two stories, because they didn't know what we the fans were going to say. . .
    Well, maybe not "we". There has been a controversy whether the final voting results were really showing how a majority of the fans felt.
    Over a decade later, in a Newsarama interview conducted alongside writer Judd Winick, O'Neil said: "I heard it was one guy, who programmed his computer to dial the thumbs down number every ninety seconds for eight hours, who made the difference." If true, that would have amounted to over 200 votes (and 100 dollars), certainly enough to decide the count. There is no way to confirm that rumor, but it adds uncertainty to the question of whether the poll was an accurate measure of what fans wanted to happen to Jason Todd.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:...y#Significance
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

My vote was simple. Damian died fighting, and Jason died on his knees.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Actually she died as Spoiler, wearing her purple outfit. Tim gad already returned to being Robin by then.

Also there is no question that her death, either the scene itself or the event surrounding it, were terrible. The only people who liked it at all are people who hate her character.
    But, did she not die because she refused to kill Black Mask when she could have, leading to further injury then death? Thereby upholding the Batman principle of no killing, which should make her as worthy as the other two.

I say Jason for the following reasons;

It was the Joker who did it. The Heretic won't be reoccurring villain after this run, at least I do not think so, and the Joker is forever in the Batman mythos- until DC has the balls to kill him off.

The mother betrayal. Talia ordering the death of her son, to me, isn't as bad as Jason's mother's betrayal in Death in the Family. Talia at least has a lifetime of conditioning that makes her the way she is, Jason's mother was just motivated by greed and sold her son out to his worse enemy.
    Where is the madness that you promised me? Where is the dream for which I paid dearly?

Quote Originally Posted by bungi43 View Post
    I'm absolutely shocked by the results of this poll so far. I know there are a lot of Batman villains, but I just can't really get on board with a main bat character dying, and it not being at the hands of the joker.

I think the big thing that stands out for me about Jason...is WE are the ones who made it happen. The news story wasn't broke early. The writers had to write two stories, because they didn't know what we the fans were going to say.

Damian just hasn't grown on me. I just can't get into him. So there's a part of a disconnect. I also love Jason Todd, although recently I've been wishing that characters like him and Bucky Barnes hadn't been resurrected. I wish they were still dead.
    So unless you're being killed by the Joker your death is trivial? um no just no.Getting killed by the Joker=lazy,predictable and cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Getting killed by the Joker=lazy,predictable and cliche.
    Uh, not when it happened.

And the point some people are trying to make is that 10 years from now, you could ask fans who killed Jason, and they'll reply, "Joker."

But 10 years from now, if you ask who killed Damian, the reply will be along the lines of: "Uhmmm... what was that guy's name? He was like a twin of Damian or something..."

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    if you ask who killed Damian, the reply will be along the lines of: "Uhmmm... what was that guy's name? He was like a twin of Damian or something..."

Can you give some lotto numbers for the lotto in ten years from now? Ya know, since you obviously been to it.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Can you give some lotto numbers for the lotto in ten years from now? Ya know, since you obviously been to it.
    You don't have to be psychic or a time traveler. I love the Batman Inc. story, yet I ALREADY almost can't remember the Heretic's name. And when you consider how much the Heretic is NOT going to be used in the next 10 years if Damian stays dead and off the table, a decade from now, you'll be grasping for his name, too. Be honest with yourself for one second.

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

No. We're just all going to say that it was Talia who killed him, which isn't incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    No. We're just all going to say that it was Talia who killed him, which isn't incorrect.
    Yes, it will be.

Joker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>FrankenBat

Trailer trash mom>>>>>>>>Demon Glen Close mom

Getting beaten like a bad piece of meat by a clown trying to save the mother you just met Jerry Springer style and she just stands there smoking a cigarette>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>getting beaten by a potpourri assortment of things by your hills have eyes brother to save a girl (and hence teh world!) from your single tear wacko mother.

Bats showing up just in time to see Robin get xploded, cradles dead body in arms>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bats trying to get out of a box.

And I don't know how off the wall it is that Joker became the ambassador to Iran, seeing as we have mass murdering psychopaths ruling countries in real life who the rest of the world either turns a blind eye to or legitimizes.