Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Guardians of the Galaxy, #0.1

The Marvel NOW hype machine finally unleashes the new adventures of Rocket Raccoon and his band of adventurers from Brian Michael Bendis and Steve McNiven with "Guardians of the Galaxy" # 0.1.

Full article here.

1. Why is Star Lord blond?
    2. Where is his mask?
    3. How is he still alive?
    4. Who actually thought Iron Man being on GotG was a good idea?
    5. What was wrong with Star Lords original origin?

McNiven really dropped the art ball....actually basically all Marvel artists seem to be in a slump lately besides Coipel (obviously) & Immonen.

The book was AMAZING! Truly great read and has me super pumped to see the team once more! Love their new suits too, looks more like space armor than the previous costumes, which looked....like costumes. As for Iron Man, I love the idea of him helping out in the team, but how well he fits in the team we can only tell with the next issue. Great start Bendis!!
    Favorite Titles: Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor:God of Thunder, Batman, Superman Unchained, Green Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by EXCELSIOR 2.0 View Post
    McNiven really dropped the art ball....actually basically all Marvel artists seem to be in a slump lately besides Coipel (obviously) & Immonen.
    Please list who you think has been dropping the ball? Pretty sure most of Marvels artist are leaps and bounds above what DC has (other than their 4 or 5 top tier artists)

Quote Originally Posted by vmars View Post
    Please list who you think has been dropping the ball? Pretty sure most of Marvels artist are leaps and bounds above what DC has (other than their 4 or 5 top tier artists)
    What has it got to do with DC? The word doesn't revolve around DC/Marvel yo know.

Quote Originally Posted by vmars View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Marvel Now has been fantastic so far in terms of art and writing.
    Favorite Titles: Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor:God of Thunder, Batman, Superman Unchained, Green Lantern

This is true, I was just making a comparable statement about the quality of Marvel's artists...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Anonymous View Post
    1. Why is Star Lord blond?
    2. Where is his mask?
    3. How is he still alive?
    4. Who actually thought Iron Man being on GotG was a good idea?
    5. What was wrong with Star Lords original origin?
    1. Hair Dye
    2. Pocket
    3. Antibiotics
    4. Your Mom
    5. Who's Star Lord

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

This would have been good if Starlord was a brand new character. Feels like it pretty much ignored his entire tenure as Starlord and all the stuff from the DnA cosmic. This whole "I'm gonna defend the Earth now, because my dad is a dick" seems like what he would have done upon first getting out to space. Not after years of adventuring.

Quote Originally Posted by EXCELSIOR 2.0 View Post
    I really have to disagree that theres a slump. Bachalo on Uncanny, Allred on FF, Aja on Hawkeye, Ribic on Thor, Epting on New Avengers are just a few who have been rocking it lately. He's not usually my taste, but Ed McGuinness was fantastic on Nova. Even Romita Jr has done a brilliant job on Captain America. I haven't picked up Guardians 0.1 yet so I will withhold judgement until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    This would have been good if Starlord was a brand new character. Feels like it pretty much ignored his entire tenure as Starlord and all the stuff from the DnA cosmic. This whole "I'm gonna defend the Earth now, because my dad is a dick" seems like what he would have done upon first getting out to space. Not after years of adventuring.
    not to mention the thing with his dad being a dick is actually pretty much a retcon.

he is an original character with peter's name slapped on, basically.

It was a good issue for a 0.1. I am really curious on how Star Lord managed to escape whatever dimension or place he was in the last issue of Thanos Imperative. Does that mean Nova is back too ? 'Cause that would be cool.

Why does every Marvel male hero has to look like Steve Rogers?
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Why does every Marvel male hero has to look like Steve Rogers?
    it's even better when they CHANGE them to look like steve rogers.

i guess marvel doesn't have enough blond dudes.

soon they will ALL be blond dudes.