Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    You know this is all works of fiction, right? Every time I see you post about X-Men and Avengers it's always a bit alarming at how serious and seemingly genuine you believe in this kind of White Male Power vs. Minority Mutants shtick. You realize that the X-Men are like 90% white people, right? You really can't compare present day X-Men vs. Avengers in terms of racism because both sides are predominately white males and females. In point of fact, the Avengers are actually more racially diverse than the X-Men. Chill out Mike. It's all pretend stories using the themes prevalent in real life, but taking those implied themes to the level you do and argue them as if the Avengers are white power KKK against Minority (implied skin color difference) Mutants is a bit unhealthy.
    I know it is fiction, my comments are based on things in Universe. The Avengers work for a govement tyhat has tried to murder mutants in large numbers. IU used white becasue this is just a echo of the trope that the white man has to save the poor minority that is still pretty common in fiction, that trope is tired
    The Racism that matters in this context, within the MU, is the context of anti-mutant racism and teo of the mutants in the UA are self-hating minorities. Take remenders comment abnout how Havok responds to being called mutant, and replace the word mutant with Black, Jew, Asian or any other racial or religious group. In any context, with any racial or cultural group, that makes the character an ass.

The MU government Cap works for does things to the mutants that would be a fever dream of joy to the KKK, extermination attempts, giving open bigots a hunting license on Mutants , and Concentration Camps
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I know it is fiction, my comments are based on things in Universe. The Avengers work for a govement tyhat has tried to murder mutants in large numbers. IU used white becasue this is just a echo of the trope that the white man has to save the poor minority that is still pretty common in fiction, that trope is tired
    The Racism that matters in this context, within the MU, is the context of anti-mutant racism and teo of the mutants in the UA are self-hating minorities. Take remenders comment abnout how Havok responds to being called mutant, and replace the word mutant with Black, Jew, Asian or any other racial or religious group. In any context, with any racial or cultural group, that makes the character an ass.

The MU government Cap works for does things to the mutants that would be a fever dream of joy to the KKK, extermination attempts, giving open bigots a hunting license on Mutants , and Concentration Camps
    Maybe you should read comics from other companies. I know Warren Ellis wrote a miniseries called Ocean in which the entire Earth was saved by a black male government marshal and a female Iraqi with a Ph.D. from inherently aggressive ancient aliens dormant under the ice on one of the moons of Jupiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    They're not going to tease the 50th Anniversary event in an Avengers book. This is probably a piece of one of Remender's beloved mega-arcs.
    Uh, isn't this the 50th anniversary year of the Avengers as well?

As long as Red-Skull-Onslaught-Xavier-Mind isn't the Big Bad of a 12-issue weekly event starting in July or whatever, I'm down for whatever comes of this.

The good thing about revamping Onslaught, is that it was SOO abominably bad to begin with, that almost anything will be an improvement.