Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Pipeline - Feb 26, 2013

Augie looks at Warren Ellis' recently-collected "Secret Avengers" run and loves the mix of stories and artists. Plus, digital "Previews," lettering in "Saga," a Rob Liefeld TMNT/Deadpool mashup and lots more!

Full article here.

Wide grin baring lots of teeth. Check.
    Two twirlly-looking things meant to be sword handles sticking from the back? Check
    Character also holding two MORE weapons in his hands. Check.
    No feet seen? Check.

Yep! This is a Liefeld drawing!
    Last edited by Trekker4747; 02-26-2013 at 06:09 PM.

They charge for digital copies of Previews?

But it's a catalogue. Who in their right mind would pay for a digital copy of a catalogue? That's crazy!

I'm curious about the cost breakdown of producing a catalog like Previews, split before and after actually physically producing the book. It seems like it would be very labor intensive just to put together, so maybe there is not that big a difference between physically publishing versus digital distribution. I agree with you that $0.51 does seem like a poor discount, but it is an 11% discount over the physical copy.

I'm sure it does take work to put together, but the profit should come from the comic sales, not the sale of Previews. It's like being charged money just to browse Amazon.

Augie, will you ever get to review Hawkeye? It just popped into my mind with the way you favorably described David Aja's work in Secret Avengers.
    I don't think there's a current mainstream American superhero comic book that can touch Hawkeye right now. Brilliant all the way. Entertaining and technically outstanding at the same time.