Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Shadowman #5

Valiant is proud to present an advance preview of Shadowman #5 - the FIRST ISSUE of an all-new arc by acclaimed creators Justin Jordan and Patrick Zircher with Lee Garbett (X-O Manowar) and Roberto De La Torre (Age of Apocalypse)! Start reading here as the new Shadowman dives headlong into the dark side of the Valiant Universe - only to find himself caught in the crossfire of a demonic turf war engineered by the unspeakable evil of Master Darque!

Jack Boniface has just been to Hell and back. After surviving the horrors of the Deadside, Jack is taking his new abilities to the limit and discovering more about the legacy of the Shadowman with each passing night. But what if he wasn't the only thing that managed to escape back to Earth? Something dark has arrived in New Orleans, leaving death and madness in its black wake. What's more, the city's deadliest cartel assassin is after Jack, and he refuses to die - literally!

Full preview here.

I won't read the previews, but I scanned the images and I like the tone here. Hopefully this book takes off now that the origin story is out of the way.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    I won't read the previews, but I scanned the images and I like the tone here. Hopefully this book takes off now that the origin story is out of the way.
    Yeah too much info, VALIANT needs to do unlettered previews. Anyway glad to see more Voodoo loa's involved.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

I didn't read the word bubbles but I did check out the art and it's as fantastic as ever and by the looks of things we're gearing up for a pretty action packed issue of Shadowman. Can't wait!

This book has been a most pleasant surprise. It has fun in spades without any pretenious grandier to it. It's just a fun ride, and I'm loving it.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Glad I'm not the only one to avoid the word bubbles I do not want to be spoiled
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

I read the preview, and it looks badass. I'm looking forward to this issue.

can't wait!

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Etoma View Post
    This book has been a most pleasant surprise. It has fun in spades without any pretenious grandier to it. It's just a fun ride, and I'm loving it.
    Totally agree, I am liking this title very much so far.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Just wondering, those two cops that were killed in #2, are there anyone investigating their disappearance?

^^^^^
    Could be a thread to pick back up on later?

The art looks great and I dodged reading it also. I did catch that the group is called The Brethren so I'm glad to see another group/faction/cabal added to the new VEI. Will they be players as big as PRS, Harbinger Foundation or perhaps a step below the 1%. Time will tell and also if they are at odds or in alliance with any of them.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^^
    Could be a thread to pick back up on later?

The art looks great and I dodged reading it also. I did catch that the group is called The Brethren so I'm glad to see another group/faction/cabal added to the new VEI. Will they be players as big as PRS, Harbinger Foundation or perhaps a step below the 1%. Time will tell and also if they are at odds or in alliance with any of them.
    They could be allied with the Sect and lead into a crossover with A&A, funny how both books get a zero issue on the same month.