Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Waid's "Indestructible Hulk" Goes On Tour With Walt Simonson

Upcoming issues of Marvel's "Indestructible Hulk" see the green goliath clash with characters across the Marvel U, from Atlantean villain Attuma to the Mighty Thor, as Mark Waid welcomes Walt Simonson to the title.

Full article here.

BANNED

has anyone else noticed on this cover the little hovering moniter robot looks just like the co-host 3000 from the movie review web site THESPILL.COM?

Am I the only one who was happy to see "guest artist"?

Don't get me wrong - Simonson's a legend and I love a lot of his stuff, but like many, his art's gone downhill for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    has anyone else noticed on this cover the little hovering moniter robot looks just like the co-host 3000 from the movie review web site THESPILL.COM?
    Nope and they even pointed that out over there during one of their podcasts.

Wasn't the previous run of Hulk already about a 'tour' around the Marvel U?

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Wasn't the previous run of Hulk already about a 'tour' around the Marvel U?

What previous run? I seem to recall an absence of hulk stories for about a year, since Greg Pak finished his lengthy run on Incredible. Do you mean Red Hulk?

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

Don't get me wrong - Simonson's a legend and I love a lot of his stuff, but like many, his art's gone downhill for me...
    I'm not all that crazy about Simonson's art either.

A guy who loves comics Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Use_R_Name View Post
    What previous run? I seem to recall an absence of hulk stories for about a year, since Greg Pak finished his lengthy run on Incredible. Do you mean Red Hulk?
    It's a good thing you don't remember Jason Aaron's brief run. Because it was AWFUL.

I'll probably stop buying this series after Simonson's issues. Super Genius Banner was done recently by Pak and with less angst and more fun. And the Hulk? When does he start appearing? There are over half a dozen established personalities that can be chosen from and Waid has instead decided to go with a lobotomized Hulk. If it felt like a plot point to have a brain dead Hulk I'd be inclined to stick it out but it feels like a storytelling choice and that's a story I am not enjoying being told...

Has Hulk been made to break a sweat yet with anyone he's beaten up in this series so far? Just curious, haven't been reading it so I don't know one way or the other.

Interested to see if Waid can put him in situations where he is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

That's what I've hoping. I liked Simonson's older work, but his recent stuff hasn't cut it for me.

I do enjoy a good Hulk and Thor Story and for Simonson to finally do a tale like this one is worth the wait to see.

I love Simonson's art and cannot wait for it on the Hulk! This will be cool!

This looks great. Just not $4.00 great.

"There is no witty banter between Hulk and the villains. So you need somebody for the Hulk to bounce off of."

This is the line that I take exception to. I've been reading the Hulk since 1981, and since then the character's gone through many different permutations. Whether the Hulk's banter has been witty (Fixit, Merged, sometimes even Gravage) or not (Savage), I still buy the title for the character of the Hulk (and Banner), not four scientist characters that will probably be quickly discarded/forgotten by the next writer on the title.

Currently, the Hulk as a character has no...character. Which makes no sense as he's the star of the book. Guess I'll be dropping the title. And that's not something even Bruce Jones made me do.