Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default ETERNAL KNIGHTS™ | Caley Tibbittz | Updates Mon/Wed/Fri

Hi CBR people. My name is Caley Tibbittz and I created, write, and draw Eternal Knights.

High concept: suicidal immortal Kathryn Kennedy finds reasons to live and a way to die. Recommended for mature readers, may be NSFW. If you like Buffy/Angel, Gargoyles, Highlander, Warren Ellis, frogs, and cheese, you may like Eternal Knights. Maybe not cheese.

You can read the first 2.5 issues for free right now, with new pages added every week. I hope you enjoy it.:)

As much as I've enjoyed playing with the style and snappy dialogue and genre-mashup aspects of the book in the 2.5 issues I've drawn and published online so far, there is a deeper meaning to it:

Eternal Knights is a very personal story about trying to find meaning and reasons to live in the face of depression and suicidal ideation -- something I suffered from for many years. That my wife has suffered the same and worse makes it resonate even more; she was at my side and assisting for much of the final major edit pass, and the heart of the story has become as much about her struggles as my own.

When I was at one of my lowest points, it was a nearby book with some helpful anti-suicide advice that saved my life; it is my hope that Eternal Knights will do the same for someone else. It's not a PSA, it's entertainment -- but it's entertainment built to resonate, to matter, to be a spark of light in the darkness if it needs to be.

The book also intentionally features a multi-ethnic lead character (Kathryn is of mostly Irish and partially African descent), her Indian/African aide, and her sister who is a lesbian. I feel it's important to give the audience the chance to empathize with a wide variety of people, and not just whoever they're used to seeing in hero roles.

I'm running an IndieGoGo fundraiser to color/print, if you're so inclined: http://igg.me/at/eternalknightscomic/x/2334683

LoL my new web comic is here .Thanks :)
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Quote Originally Posted by Scurlogg_Hawkk View Post
    LoL my new web comic is here .Thanks :)
    I serve to live.;)

Okay i just liked the your page on facebook :) i am sure to show that work of art too some kind folks :)

Okay i just liked the your page on facebook :) i am sure to show that work of art too some kind folks :)
    Thank you so much! What a nice end to my first day here.:)

I wonder how you manage to update eternal knights three times weekly are you the Flash secretly behind that avatar of yours :)
    Last edited by Scurlogg_Hawkk; 02-26-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Excellent work! Is that dry brush? How do you get that texture? The shading I mean.

I really like the logo that is what hooks me

New page! Up 4 minutes before midnight! Larger HERE.

8 days left! Please help! Or don't! I CAN'T MAKE YOU I'M NOT YOUR MOTHER: Color/print fundraiser with rewards and SUCH.

Last edited by Caley Tibbittz; 02-28-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBOWORKS View Post
    Excellent work! Is that dry brush? How do you get that texture? The shading I mean.
    Thanks! It is dry brush. The early pages are done with Higgins ink and a Windsor and Newton Series 7; the cover (drawn later) and everything from page 8 onward is done mostly with a Pentel Color Brush in black. When it's even halfway dry you can get some very delicate effects. I hold it as horizontally as I can.

I wonder how you manage to update eternal knights three times weekly are you the Flash secretly behind that avatar of yours :)
    I strive for two new pages and a sketch page every week. I don't always make it, especially the last few months -- I've been sick a LOT, and I had a bunch of commissions to do around Xmas (which I posted as placeholder updates). I am getting a little faster all the time.

I really like the logo that is what hooks me
    I'm so glad you said this. I've had several people question the readability of the logo, but I think it's splashy and exciting. It's slightly more symbol than word, but I think it really stands out.
    Last edited by Caley Tibbittz; 02-28-2013 at 09:11 AM.

I don't why marvel or dc have not contacted you all ready .You have some skillz....Have try to go to cons to show your work around ?

I don't why marvel or dc have not contacted you all ready .You have some skillz....Have try to go to cons to show your work around ?
    I used to do portfolio reviews, and I did get an editor's card at one point. I had to choose between following up on that or developing this. I'm making (almost) no money so far, but I'm happy with the work. Some paid work might (hopefully) follow -- if so, I'll cut my day job hours down and work on both at once. And hey, is that a -- could it be a -- OMG it's totally a:

New page! Bigger HERE.

I've been sick for 2.5 weeks, but I'm still making comics. Please take pity on me by considering pledging to the color/print IndieGoGo campaign here: http://igg.me/at/eternalknightscomic/x/2334683

Since Eternal Knights has a strong anti-suicide theme (inspired by struggles my wife and I have had with depression and suicidal ideation in the past), 5% of any pledges made between now and Thursday will be donated to the National Suicide Prevention Hotline.

1 year anniversary pin-up! Fan service yay!

NSFW!: http://eternalknights.thecomicseries.com/comics/64

I'm not sure if I can post the pin-up image here or not, due to content. If someone could tell me, that'd be swell.

My thank you note, for any fans here as well:

Hey, I'm your friendly neighborhood Caley Tibbittz, and I want to thank you.

Eternal Knights has been online and updating for a whole year today. It's been a breezy joy and a grind and fun as hell and completely exhausting... and there were days I wanted to give up, to have a little free time, to not stay up until 1am lettering the bloody thing. What kept me going when it got rough? Or when I was sick (like, oh, now)?

When I wasn't enough, when the comic wasn't enough, when hoping to turn this into a small business in the future to make a better life for my wife and I wasn't enough, it was you.

You guys. My now 51 subscribers. And handful of other regular readers from Facebook, Twitter, various message boards, and my wonderful IndieGoGo campaign supporters (2 days left BTW, pledges also help support the National Suicide Prevention Hotline: http://igg.me/at/eternalknightscomic/x/2334683).

This fan service pin-up is to say thank you, all of you, and also to remind that you Erica exists -- we're about to see her again in a big way. Here we see what Nicky saw before he totally chickened out in Issue #1.

You have to believe in a project before almost anyone has seen it, to get it from idea to entertainment (even free entertainment like this). I haven't set the world on fire yet, I haven't wrangled a publisher, Warren Ellis won't retweet my link to it (sad face seriously I love his work so much I put a cameo of him in the first issue) -- I'm still worlds away from where I want to take this project.

But your continued reading, subscribing, commenting, checking on update days to see if I'd posted the new page yet even though I'm often late and you could guess I hadn't but you checked anyway... I love you all for it.

Thanks for caring at all about my mean, depressed, slutty characters. I have years more stories to tell you. The surface has only been scratched. Please stick with Eternal Knights and me -- it only gets bigger and cooler, like Mr. Freeze's penis.

-Caley

P.S. Once again, sorry feminists.

New page! NYC, bay-bee. (I edited the last page slightly, so do re-read for smoothness.) "Like" http://www.facebook.com/eternalknightsuniverse and enjoy! Share please!

Larger here: http://eternalknights.thecomicseries.com/comics/64/

New page! Larger HERE.

Themes: visually closing the distance between Kathryn and Erica. Kathryn's survival and humanity becomes Erica's responsibility here -- too bad she's totally dead and this is the end of the webcomic. Thanks, it's been real.

...or maybe there'll be another page on Wednesday.
    -Cal Steel, leg puller from way back