Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I remember being deeply impressed by Azzarello's writing in quick flashes, like the incredibly poignant scene where Superman is physically trying to stop a civil war or when he fails to catch the bullets used in an execution. We get to see that type of deconstructive, exploring, emotional and yet extremely competently written scenes way too seldom. However, I also remember feeling that the dialogue was both over-written and over-present, and I read it in trade first... Must have been a pain wading through it all over the course of a whole year!

I feel it went to crap once Superman went to the other world. But the first act was amazing, IMO. Superman coming to terms with the fact that the real threat is not weapons - it is human nature.
    I'm just like Kino, except I don't have a snazzy coat. Or pistols. Or a talking motorcycle. And I'm not a woman.

https://twitter.com/Ambient_Malice

BANNED

I finally got my chance to read it thanks to Comixology's last Superman sale and I thought it was pretty interesting.

It had its problems though. It started slow, really slow, the first half is borderline boring to be honest, I assume that it read horrible when it came out since people had to wait a month for each issue, but after reading it all together it's not so bothersome.

The second half rocks though, I loved Azzarello's Zod, fantastic interpretation and the ending was also great.

Overall, it was a good but definitely flawed story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I finally got my chance to read it thanks to Comixology's last Superman sale and I thought it was pretty interesting.

It had its problems though. It started slow, really slow, the first half is borderline boring to be honest, I assume that it read horrible when it came out since people had to wait a month for each issue, but after reading it all together it's not so bothersome.

The second half rocks though, I loved Azzarello's Zod, fantastic interpretation and the ending was also great.

Overall, it was a good but definitely flawed story.
    Ha, ha. So that's the exact opposite to me. iI loved the first half, thought the second half was tedious, and didn't like the ending.

Certainly divisive.
    I'm just like Kino, except I don't have a snazzy coat. Or pistols. Or a talking motorcycle. And I'm not a woman.

https://twitter.com/Ambient_Malice

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

This story would have been a whole lot better if Jim Lee wasn't drawing it. Sheesh, talk about a bad choice.

I've always liked For Tomorrow.

The speech that Superman gives to the Earth Elementals is pretty awesome.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor