Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think we're all jumping the gun here. We don't even know she if accepted or not, and we're already assuming that she and Kate are getting married. While I like Kate/Renee, I also think that Kate/Mags is better because Maggie offers stability that Renee can't. And know I don't think that they are pushing gay marriage down our throats since this issue was most likely written five to six months ago. In character I just think Kate was just high on adrenaline and wasn't thinking clearly. If she was a male character would we really be in such an uproar over this?

Quote Originally Posted by E.L. Berquist View Post
    I think we're all jumping the gun here. We don't even know she if accepted or not, and we're already assuming that she and Kate are getting married. While I like Kate/Renee, I also think that Kate/Mags is better because Maggie offers stability that Renee can't. And know I don't think that they are pushing gay marriage down our throats since this issue was most likely written five to six months ago. In character I just think Kate was just high on adrenaline and wasn't thinking clearly. If she was a male character would we really be in such an uproar over this?
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    Frankly, this smacks of, "We've got two lesbian characters, they should get gay married!"

That and the fact that they've been beaten to the gay marriage punch by freakin' Archie, of all things, (not to mention Marvel) causes this to elicit little more than a shrug.
    I dunno, I think that if that's what it was, they'd have taken the opportunity to do it earlier, when Kate and Renee were still a thing (or they would have made them a thing again). Renee's a more well-known character, so it would have been a greater PR temptation.

Batwoman does not pander to tokenism or attempt to garner controversy. This is a legit story development.
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    I think it would be super fun if we saw a Superman-Batwoman team-up where it turned out that Kate got along with Clark much better than she does with Bruce (which would be easy, as that is not much at all)
    Has she said more than 10 words to Bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    Correct. Sawyer first suspected her lesbian sexuality while she was married
    She suspected it earlier than that: the marriage was an act of denial.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...