Default Phantom Girlfriend, DC's newest comic series to come out in 2014

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...nd-series.html

Source: ThanosCopter Newswire

Shortly after announcing plans to publish two comics that play off of recent worldwide economic issues, DC has announced that they will also be releasing a new solo superhero series based off another recent news item. Manti Te'o's Phantom Girlfriend will be a new series that focuses on Lennay Kekau, the fictional girlfriend of college star Manti Te'o, who will now interact with superheroes in the DC Universe.

"I love football," said writer J. Michael Strahanicakowskyncski, DC's go-to writer for shameless, exploitative comic books. "And I love fictional women. This is a story that needs to be told in the mainstream DC Universe." JMS explained that the character's first arc will focus on her relationship with Cyborg, but that other DC heroes will also be making an appearance.

While the real world Lennay Kekau was revealed to be a hoax perpetuated by a group of lovestruck pranksters, JMS hasn't yet revealed whether DC's Kekau will be fake or not. "That's part of the mystery of the series," JMS said. "Is she real? Is she fake? Will Cyborg's access to the Interwebs finally bite him in the ass? I think fans will have a lot of fun trying to piece together the clues."

When asked why DC decided to exploit real world events a la controversial comics publisher Bluewater, DC Editor in Chief Bob Harras said "At this point in time, we will literally publish any idea, no matter how stupid it sounds. Besides, Lennay Kekau, if she is real, is both a lead female character and a minority, so it should shut up the blogs for a few weeks."

JMS explained that he had a longterm plan for the series, which he wrote on a napkin should he decide to quit on the series halfway through. "My ideas are gold!" he said, while wiping his mouth with said napkin. "I don't even need to write this shit to get credit for it."

Manti Te'o's Phantom Girlfriend will hit comic book stores on February 30th, 2014.

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

sounds good think I'll check it out

I hate being 'That Guy' but is this serious?
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I'd rather a comic that follows Ronaiah Tuiasosopo's varied, elaborate and overall purposeless pranks.

Yes. totally serious.

Start saving now for the variant covers to #1.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post

Seriously, you ask that after seeing "Strahanicakowskyncski" in the article??

Veteran Member Spackling Compound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    Yes. totally serious.

Start saving now for the variant covers to #1.
    Oh man, a whole year and never to wait until February 30th!
    Spack, I don't agree with you on much, and I rather think you're something of a dick, but you are occasionally funny as hell. Jeffrey W.Kramer
    “Those stories do what superheroes do best - they save you." Tom Batuik on Superman comics.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    yes I got someone. mission accomplished

I was bored sue me

Now come on, Jabare. It had Bob Harras saying "at this point in time, we will literally publish any idea, no matter how stupid it sounds" - it could have been real
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

T'O interview going on live right now at the Combine