Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How excited are you about the next generation of gaming consoles?

Is it me, or does it seem like their isn't nearly as much hype about Playstation 4 and the new Xbox as their was in previous generations?
    Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
    http://songoftheethereal.blogspot.com/

There was some early word about the "online exclusivity" for the XBox 720, but nothing confirmed from Microsoft last I knew. Frankly, if -any- of the rumors about the 720 true, I'm, well, done with Microsoft's console gaming.

There was a barebones PS4 announcement, and while I haven't really looked into the details, it seemed to be pretty much what was expected. And nothing "new" other than an improved system hasn't lead to any major excitement just yet.

Well, we've reached a point where MORE POWER doesn't really mean anything, where we have to install a billion gigs to a hard drive just to get anything to play, and games cost so much to make that nobody's really making a profit except EA.

So you could say I'm pants wettingly terrified about the future.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Not excited, i think we've almost tapped graphics out without getting into reality, control gimmicks are gimmicks, wii didn't exactly change the way we play games.
    My pc can still run any game on max settings for a few years, im happy with that.

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

I'm almost done with console games. I think they need to die now. We don't need them anymore.

I'm actually more excited for the Ouya for one main reason, Emulators! I'm loading that sucker full of roms once it comes out.

I am pretty excited, but I don't plan on getting a next-gen console at launch. I'll wait and make sure there aren't horrendous hardware issues with the initial batch.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
    I'm almost done with console games. I think they need to die now. We don't need them anymore.

I'm actually more excited for the Ouya for one main reason, Emulators! I'm loading that sucker full of roms once it comes out.
    Could do that on the Wii already.

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

Could do that if I had a wii :( The one I used was my brothers and he moved out of the house and I don't need one since I wasted my money on the wii u. But, I do use a flash cart on my DS lite. Best use for that handheld!

Call me when holodecks come out.
    Last edited by dupersuper; 03-05-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I'm pretty meh about newer consoles and games, but the hardware for the PS4 is kinda cool. There's a second processor just for handling downloads and streaming so online activity won't slow your game down.

I want a console that I can use in playing my MMO games. hahaha! I know its kinda hard to think but I think it will be fun if I can Play Archeage, the sims or league of legend in a consoles...

Quote Originally Posted by BrovenVow View Post
    I want a console that I can use in playing my MMO games. hahaha! I know its kinda hard to think but I think it will be fun if I can Play Archeage, the sims or league of legend in a consoles...
    Ha, me too! My hope is that they'll be able to bring Elder Scrolls: Online to the next gen consoles :D I know it won't happen, but it's my current pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
    Could do that if I had a wii :( The one I used was my brothers and he moved out of the house and I don't need one since I wasted my money on the wii u. But, I do use a flash cart on my DS lite. Best use for that handheld!
    Pretty sure they figured out how to soft mod the wii u the day it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Call me win holodecks come out.
    Yeah, cause we'd be using it for games.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Yeah, cause we'd be using it for games.
    Well...games of a sort...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...