Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Williams Sends "Miss Fury" Back to the Future

Writer Rob Williams spoke with CBR News on his revival of classic '40s pulp title "Miss Fury" for Dynamite Entertainment, describing it as "Homeland" meets "Back to the Future" with time traveling undercover super Nazis.

Full article here.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Not feeling the preview art, but it sounds interesting. Williams seems to be bursting with ideas. It wasn't a typical coy interview or one where he literally tells you what's going on the page.

Default Artwork - meh ...

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Writer Rob Williams spoke with CBR News on his revival of classic '40s pulp title "Miss Fury" for Dynamite Entertainment, describing it as "Homeland" meets "Back to the Future" with time traveling undercover super Nazis.

Full article here.
    I like the set-up of this series -- at least from what I've read -- but the artwork is not tripping my trigger. Gonna give it a try, but maybe not for long.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpdf View Post
    I like the set-up of this series -- at least from what I've read -- but the artwork is not tripping my trigger. Gonna give it a try, but maybe not for long.
    I like the artwork & the set-up seems very interesting to me. (Big WW2 fan!) The only thing I'm not liking at all is Miss Fury's costume. It just reminds me too much of Catwoman.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Very nice artwork in this preview, glad to see Dynamite expanding their pulp line and I'm excited to pick this one up upon release.

To begin with Tarpe Mills"Miss Fury" was the first female super hero created and drawn by a woman cartoonist.
    As I look at the article and art I see nothing even remotely close to the original character of Miss Fury.
    The artwork shown is more to Catwoman than Miss Fury.
    to see the real thing check out a book published by IDW.
    The title is Tarpe Mills & Miss Fury Sensational Sundays 1944-1949 by Trina Robbins
    I have the book and have thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I will be picking this magazine up when it is published to check out the writing ,if the writing is solid I can
    just about stomach the artwork.

Apparently, their definition of "pulp" is any character that appeared or operated in 1940 and fought Nazis. While they are looking up the real definition of "pulp" they can also look up the definition of "first". Debuting in 1941, she's nowhere close to being among the first pulp superheroes as mentioned here (the first real pulp costumed heroes debuted years earlier, Zorro in 1919, The Shadow and many of the others in the early 1930s while comics got on the masked heroes in the late 1930s). She is the first female superhero created by a woman artist, but that's it. She's not the first female superhero, nor the first superhero created by Mills for that matter

Wold anyone here be able to tell me where I can sell a First Edition Signed Hardcover of a Miss Fury? Its #97 of a Limited Edition of 500.
    Appreciate the help.