Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default The question that hasn't been asked re: Superman and Wonder Woman

We've talked ad nauseum about Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship, but one question hasn't been asked, one topic hasn't been brought up (at least as far as I know): Are Superman and Wonder Woman ever gonna sleep together? Which is weird, because the possibility of them having children has been raised (by fans and within the comics), but no mention if we'll ever see them in bed together in the comics. And by saying that, I don't mean actually seeing them having intercourse, but maybe seeing them laying in bed post-coital, or anything indicating they slept together.

Pre-Flashpoint, we know that Supes and Lois had sex. We've seen issues showing them in bed or in their bathroom tub after the deed was done. Pre-Flashpoint Diana is another issue altogether. Post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint Wonder Woman remained a virgin. That's what got me wondering if DC will have her and Superman consummate their relationship. What's the odds on that?
    Last edited by Superman Priime; 02-22-2013 at 10:01 AM.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Tick

Tick

Tick

Tick

Boom

Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

The internet survived Superman vs. Goku Death Battle. I don't think it's ready for this.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. It's going to start to seem a bit odd if it doesn't happen soon.

Default I defer to Mort W.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    We've talked ad nauseum about Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship, but one question hasn't been asked, one topic hasn't been brought up (at least as far as I know): Are Superman and Wonder Woman ever gonna sleep together? Which is weird, because the possibility of them having children has been raised (by fans and within the comics), but no mention if we'll ever see them in bed together in the comics. And by saying that, I don't mean actually seeing them having intercourse, but maybe seeing them laying in bed post-coital, or anything indicating they slept together.

Pre-Flashpoint, we know that Supes and Lois had sex. We've seen issues showing them in bed or in their bathroom tub after the deed was done. Pre-Flashpoint Diana is another issue altogether. Post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint Wonder Woman remained a virgin. That's what got me wondering if DC will have her and Superman consummate their relationship. What's the odds on that?
    Someone asked this same question about Supes/Lois and Mort Wiesingers response, rough paraphrase here, "They are adults and its their business."

In an age where you can see any body do anything on the internet....is it really that important that we see this?
    I would only bring it up if there was a good story to tell and this was an important aspect of that story, but otherwise.....is it any of our business?

The other thing is, did you ever see an old Anime called Project A-Ko? Because it looked an awful lot like Clark Kent and Diana Prince in the film when you met her parents. So maybe it has been addressed before....
    If the shoe fits: "a crankly old man standing just on the edge of a crowd gathered for a concert and stamping his feet yelling at the crowd to stop having fun, that they don't know what fun is."

Probably not only because you can already see Clark and Lois's relationship hit a jealousy path that will eventually lead to them getting together at one point down the road. Will it happen soon? Who knows but I think it's way too early in the nu52 run to have Superman sleep with anybody before establishing the world around him as we know it. Once the dust settles on H'ELL on Earth and I believe the Trinity War to take place, who knows what those types of HUGE events that involve Superman and Wonder Woman in battle and how those certain things could take its toll on a romantic relationship. To me, the Power Couple relationship feels more like a fling more than anything. It's clear Clark is head over heels for Lois and pretty much always will be. It's nice to see a young Clark struggle with the women in his life only because relationships could sometimes be a matter of confusion and impulse, especially when you're a man like Superman in full fledged alter-ego needing somebody to be there if he were to ever struggle mentally.
    Last edited by Tra-EL; 02-22-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Gone

They've been dating for a while now, so I assume they've already done it and I don't need to see it happening on panel.

BANNED

Again, I'm not saying we need to see the actual act if DC decides to go there. They could show them laying together after the fact. I'm just wondering if DC will go there.

Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolfan View Post
    I would only bring it up if there was a good story to tell and this was an important aspect of that story, but otherwise.....is it any of our business?
    I see your point. But following that line of reasoning, we'd never see Superman waking up, having a cup of coffee or going to the subway. Not everything has to be plot-mandated or an important aspect of the story in order to be shown; some things are just there to create an impression that these characters are also people, albeit fictional. And besides, didn't you know that post-coital pillow talk is one of the finest purveyors of plot points?

In all seriousness, I kinda agree with you. It's somewhat voyeuristic to demand intimate moments between characters. But misslane is right in that it will eventually seem odd if all we see Superman and Wonder Woman doing is dating like a teenage couple with pre-second base jitters.

I think comics are not prudish and it's not like seeing it is something shocking. It's quite common. It's not going to bother me to have a love scene or post sex scene. As to them having sex?

I would only be for this if they are actually in a mutually respectful/caring and HONEST reciprocating relationship...so if Clark is using Diana as some means to forget Lois? No thanks. The idiot can go ease his loneliness with Dr Veritas. She wants him, that much is clear.

Feels like the writers are all over the place. Johns said they are taking this relationship slow. His Clark actually went after Diana. Diana was not chasing him. Clark also went out of his way to get her to trust him. The idea he's lying to himself and not being honest with a woman who was quite vulnerable paints a man who is dishonest and selfish. I don't see Johns Superman that way. They are just dating. So why would they have already jumped into bed?

Lobdell seems to just want to categorize WW as a phase and his sloppy use terms like current lover etc. Making one wonder since when did Clark get to sleep with her? They have not been dating that long and the kiss seemed recent when he was acting like a child with Lois over Jonathan.

Diggle's recent story seems to imply Clark is in love with Diana.

So before sex...let them get their writing consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by lariatofhestia View Post
    so if Clark is using Diana as some means to forget Lois? No thanks. The idiot can go ease his loneliness with Dr Veritas.
    Clark also went out of his way to get her to trust him. The idea he's lying to himself and not being honest with a woman who was quite vulnerable paints a man who is dishonest and selfish.
    They have not been dating that long and the kiss seemed recent when he was acting like a child with Lois over Jonathan.
    Hope you get everything you needed off your chest. Or are you going to keep insulting a fictional character that has no will of his own?

Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    Hope you get everything you needed off your chest. Or are you going to keep insulting a fictional character that has no will of his own?
    I have thanks and I am discussing the writers charaterization of him. If that is how they write him that is how he comes off. It's that simple.

As a WW fan as well (and I am sure other WW fans might share the same concern)...if this is only being done because DC wants to keep Lois and Clark apart, don't write Diana as some obvious phase or someone he wastes his time with. Write the relationship consistent and show Clark acting like a man who tries when he is in a relationship.If they break up down the line, least we would know he was honest and caring. I don't want him dating Diana and mooning over Lois. Diana as far as I am aware isn't pining over anyone in her book or acting jealous over anyone. Two characters can try to have a relationship without obvious triangle nonsense. So why should I want Diana, a character I care about, have sex with a character who is written one minute is in love with her and the next mooning over Lois?

Why should I care if they have sex or not? Sex itself in comics does not bother me at all. Heck if it was a fling on both their parts, fine...but what is it? Do we really know? So yeah I call out writing.
    Last edited by lariatofhestia; 02-22-2013 at 02:49 PM.

So yeah I call out writing.
    Except you didn't. Or rather, you did, but in somewhat peculiar fashion, by also directly insulting Superman as if he were this douchebag you know from across the street, who treats his girlfriend badly. You seem way too worked up about the whole business. I mean jeeze, it's not like Superman slapped her ass and smirked about it.

Diana as far as I am aware isn't pining over anyone in her book or acting jealous over anyone.
    I'd have hoped a Wonder Woman fan would have acknowledged by now that it's futile to compare Diana's portrayal in her book with her other appearances. Azzarello has all but isolated her from the main DCU proper, in more ways than one.
    Last edited by Self-DCeit; 02-22-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Oh I'm sure its gonna happen. One of those final page "shockers" that they like to hype up in their monthly solicits. I have a hard time seeing them not hyping it because DC knows just as well as every other fan about the aura of perpetual virginity that surrounds Wonder Woman. So they'll capitalize in that regard. Probably just showing them in bed or something together afterward, leaving the actions implied. I don't really see the art getting all Bruce/Selina costume sex-like with it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-22-2013 at 04:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    I'm sure a fictional character can take it.