View Poll Results: Get Rid of Peter Parker Already!

Voters
124. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Right? I was promised this in issue 700.

67 54.03%
  • No. He bores me, but ... tradition?

57 45.97%
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDoggBigPauly View Post
    SpOck has plenty of humor. "I'm glad I saved such a master of the obvious." from issue #1 was hilarious. He just has a jack-ass tone to it.
    Oh, I totally agree lol. Ock as Spidey *is* equally if not more hilarious - in a totally different way.

Watching this guy inadvertently make an ass out of himself over and over again, as his pompous narcissistic psychopathic self gets called
    out by better people than he is is worth comedy gold.

"Superior Spider-Man" is totally playing with the word 'Superior'.

Catching on to that is a huge clue to the overall tone and direction of this series imo. People that don't see that are going to have some of the
    jokes fly right over their head. And that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYellow View Post
    If you thought he was so boring, what kept you reading until now?
    Actually, I stopped reading Spider-Man a long time ago, even before OMD. Superior Spider-Man, and recently Avenging S-M are the first time in decade I picked up Spider-Man book. Do I have to say more?
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    Actually, I stopped reading Spider-Man a long time ago, even before OMD. Superior Spider-Man, and recently Avenging S-M are the first time in decade I picked up Spider-Man book. Do I have to say more?
    I love Peter Parker. He'll be back. Ock should (and I think will) be kept until the storyline reaches one of it's natural conclusions. It's like watching the Shield. Ock's original sin is always gonna come back to get him. The question is what's going to happen between point A and point B, and what kind of man he'll become during that time and after.

I mentioned it before:Superior Spider-Man is making me want to see Otto Octavius, as Doctor Octopus again, in his own book: The Superior Adventures of Doctor Octopus and the Living Brain. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Oh, I totally agree lol. Ock as Spidey *is* equally if not more hilarious - in a totally different way.

Watching this guy inadvertently make an ass out of himself over and over again, as his pompous narcissistic psychopathic self gets called
    out by better people than he is is worth comedy gold.

"Superior Spider-Man" is totally playing with the word 'Superior'.

Catching on to that is a huge clue to the overall tone and direction of this series imo. People that don't see that are going to have some of the
    jokes fly right over their head. And that's awesome.
    I think one of my favorite lines was 'Heckuva job, Spidey!'.

These results surprise me. I mean all these hate tweets and now more people like Spock. Dont get me wrong i love this spider man. I think hes awesome but i just don t see this lasting forever. I think that this story will get its full run but i just dont see it lasting forever.

Peter's not dead. Both his brain and body are still kicking so.....
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Sure let's stay with a guy who wasted a number conquering the girl to recant and autocomplacerse anything because I could not. Yes, it is definitely superior.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superiorspidey View Post
    These results surprise me. I mean all these hate tweets and now more people like Spock.
    That just goes to show that sometimes people need to READ the story and ENJOY the ride.

Slott is knocking it out of the park.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Uh oh!
    I got a ticket from the thought police.
    Some of your best work ever, this thread.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Pressman View Post
    "What kind of Spider-man fan wants Peter Parker gone?" The answer is, someone who's grown weary of Peter Parker, obviously. Peter's a nice guy, and a great role-model for kids. But, since it's not children who support or read the comic, well, who cares about them? Peter is a loser, and his inferiority to Ock is proven by the simple fact that Peter would never consider changing his life according to Ock's principals, but Octavius is perfectly willing to adapt his life according to Peter's. Who's the bigger man here?

What kept us reading? If we're being honest, we were reading for Dan Slott, not Peter Parker. Now, I'm reading for Slott and Spock. It's clicking. Loving it.
    Except Spock isn't showing that he's willing to change his life according to Peter's, but instead change Peter's life to better fit him (including messing with Peter's very relationships with those close to him) all to better fit him. His own arrogance and feeling of self-entitlement will never let him actually conform to the life he's put himself into. And when you quite literally stole someone else's life in order to escape the hole you dug for yourself, you will never be the better anything.

Quote Originally Posted by superiorspidey View Post
    These results surprise me. I mean all these hate tweets and now more people like Spock. Dont get me wrong i love this spider man. I think hes awesome but i just don t see this lasting forever. I think that this story will get its full run but i just dont see it lasting forever.
    Could be the fact that this poll is literally flawed in that it doesn't actually give any options for those who actually enjoy Peter. It literally boils down to either you love Spock or hate Peter. You can't get accurate data in a survey that doesn't list both sides of a debate.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 02-22-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

It seems obvious to me that they are setting it up for Spiderman to be just as hated as he was in the sixties (real-time). Sooner or later, Spock will become involved in something that will have the whole city turn against him, get him kicked out of the Avengers, and have Jameson breathing down his neck again. Peter will regain control of his body only to have to deal with all of it. If anything, it's an ultimate return to the status quo.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

I think that there's no way that Peter's going to come back the same, if he comes back at all. I know that if someone stole my body, I'd come back A LOT angrier, and A LOT more jaded. I think Ock's going to mess up a little bit, Peter's going to get the body back, and then realize that he actually has stuff to learn from Ock as well. Maybe Peter will find a medium between friendly and getting the job done, and take stock of the fact that the way that he's been doing things, maybe isn't completely efficient on a personal and heroic level... If they gave Peter a moment remiscent of some he's had before the whole OMD event, he could just have enough and lose it and start letting go a little more... Peter's like the Hulk... he's got the power in him, but he's gotta strut a little bit...

BANNED

It just ain't Spidey without quips and Peter being cute. Ock is a monster, and he's to uppity and clean to truly carry the Spider Man charm. Peter Parker is Spiderman and nothing says otherwise.

If I wanted smug and aristrocratic smug douchbag pompousness, I'd look at Rachel Alucard from Blazblue and Emma Frost from Xmen.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    It just ain't Spidey without quips and Peter being cute. Ock is a monster, and he's to uppity and clean to truly carry the Spider Man charm. Peter Parker is Spiderman and nothing says otherwise.

If I wanted smug and aristrocratic smug douchbag pompousness, I'd look at Rachel Alucard from Blazblue and Emma Frost from Xmen.
    I agree here, Spider-Man isn't just about the hero identity, but the person under the mask but the problem is, Spock is an ass under both identities. As Spider-Man he's alienating those who are Peter's friends in the super hero community and worsening the way other heroes see him and as Peter Parker, he's damaging Peter's relationships with his friends at Horizon Labs. This isn't the kind of protagonist that I want to read about in a Spider-Man title. Kaine may act broody, but at least we can see that he truly cares about the people around him and that he'd make any sacrifice for them and has been shown to become depressed at failing to protect the innocents. This is a reason why he can get away with being a darker edgier Spider-Man; He's a very compelling character. Spock on the other hand doesn't show any of these kinds of layers and just comes across as arrogant and egotistical, constantly obsessed with others reveling in his greatness, something that Spider-Man was never about. Spider-Man is one of the greatest heroes of the MU, but not because he demanded it or even asked for it, but because he's earned it. And so long as Spock is only concerned about being superior to Peter, he'll never earn what Peter has.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I agree here, Spider-Man isn't just about the hero identity, but the person under the mask but the problem is, Spock is an ass under both identities. As Spider-Man he's alienating those who are Peter's friends in the super hero community and worsening the way other heroes see him and as Peter Parker, he's damaging Peter's relationships with his friends at Horizon Labs. This isn't the kind of protagonist that I want to read about in a Spider-Man title. Kaine may act broody, but at least we can see that he truly cares about the people around him and that he'd make any sacrifice for them and has been shown to become depressed at failing to protect the innocents. This is a reason why he can get away with being a darker edgier Spider-Man; He's a very compelling character. Spock on the other hand doesn't show any of these kinds of layers and just comes across as arrogant and egotistical, constantly obsessed with others reveling in his greatness, something that Spider-Man was never about. Spider-Man is one of the greatest heroes of the MU, but not because he demanded it or even asked for it, but because he's earned it. And so long as Spock is only concerned about being superior to Peter, he'll never earn what Peter has.
    Well said!