Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X0 Manowar #10

Default X0 Manowar #10

The two prelude issues absolutely killed it. XO keeps going back with A&A for my favorite comic title, and this month it pulled slightly ahead again. Art was perfect for the story, and the story was tight and exciting.

I admit to some concern about taking a huge outer space trip this early in the series, if at all. We've already got Aric returning to Earth centuries after his birth because of faster-than-light space travel. Now we're doing it again, and there are three unlovely options I can see as a result:

1. Aric returns to Earth in the future.
    2. Aric finds a way to time travel into the past (our present).
    3. Aric returns to the Earth in the present and we're just suppose to accept it.

Not excited about the possibility of any of these, but we'll see how it plays out, and I'm not gonna let this one discontinuity distract me from the full-on fun this title delivers every month.
    In my opinion is implied in every post. Please make an effort to remember that.

Enjoyed the issue. It really set up that extra motivation to take the fight to the Vine, while showcasing some of Shanhara's potential.

As far as the travel. Remember, the Vine colony ship Aric was aboard was traveling at faster than or near light speed. Hence the time distortion. The war ships, however, used some kind of hyperspace/Einstein-Rosen Bridge to travel nearly instantaneously. Aric took a ship, so he should be able to return in the same time period if he takes a ship back.

I am still curious, though, if Shanhara is capable of hyperspace travel. When Aric escaped they were nowhere near Earth, yet he was able to arrive there almost instantaneously. Something still to be explained.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

I've been slacking, I need to get my butt to the comic book store to catch up on this weeks (and last weeks) Valiant releases ASAP. I've been waiting for Planet Death to kick off for months now, I NEED to sit down and experience this.

http://lordtoede.blogspot Scott M Davis's Avatar

The preludes were fun. Poor Gafti.

Poor Vineyardians. Aric is gonna kill you all..
    Pull List: Valiant Titles, All New Marvel Now Titles, Popeye Classics, Haunted Horror.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The two prelude issues absolutely killed it. XO keeps going back with A&A for my favorite comic title, and this month it pulled slightly ahead again. Art was perfect for the story, and the story was tight and exciting.

I admit to some concern about taking a huge outer space trip this early in the series, if at all. We've already got Aric returning to Earth centuries after his birth because of faster-than-light space travel. Now we're doing it again, and there are three unlovely options I can see as a result:

1. Aric returns to Earth in the future.
    2. Aric finds a way to time travel into the past (our present).
    3. Aric returns to the Earth in the present and we're just suppose to accept it.

Not excited about the possibility of any of these, but we'll see how it plays out, and I'm not gonna let this one discontinuity distract me from the full-on fun this title delivers every month.
    I would love to see Aric return to 41st century earth... hello Rai, Tekla and Spylocke (Vine planting this time).

This was a great prelude and the physical paper quality of the book was also a big upgrade making the graphics really pop and the book feel weighty (as Valiant books truly are in more ways than one)

I have to go 4.5/5 for this issue, totally delivered the goods and set the stage for Planet Death!

Nnnnnyyyaaaahhhhhh!

This issue was painfully good! Seriously, X-O Manowar is really fighting and climbing up my "favorite comic book of all-time" chart and it's not even a year old......that is simply amazing. This issue had awesome art, I loved the way the artist depicted the armor while being worn by Gafti and I just love the style of art he uses, it's just phenomenal. Poor Gafti, I'm sad that he is truly gone this time but at least he went out a hero, and not just a hero but he went out a good man. Could you ask for anything more? My god......this book......

Bring on Planet Death!

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

These two issues had more action that I see in some mainstream event....and this was a freaking prelude to an event
    X-O manowar keep it coming
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

I'm really hoping Trill isn't dead.......this would be the second villain I've really taken to from Valiant who has met their end should Trill's death be true....... (Mr. Twist).

Also, I was hoping for a more epic encounter between Trill and Aric.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    I'm really hoping Trill isn't dead.......this would be the second villain I've really taken to from Valiant who has met their end should Trill's death be true....... (Mr. Twist).

Also, I was hoping for a more epic encounter between Trill and Aric.
    I would have thought "DIE,DIE,DIE" and the repeated smashing of face would have done it but then we see Trill say "finish it" and Aric says "I always do." then Gafti staggers in.

I don't think Trill is dead, but he is there with Alexander and a bunch of Commando armours...what could happen with that?

http://lordtoede.blogspot Scott M Davis's Avatar

Trill will be augmented with a Commando Armour. A Hybrid of armour and man/alien. Just like in the original XO run.
    Pull List: Valiant Titles, All New Marvel Now Titles, Popeye Classics, Haunted Horror.

My favorite series is still my favorite. Sad that we get Gafti back only to lose him again. Was really hoping he'd become a long term support character. One that Aric could use a touchstone to his heritage and someone that would be able to relate to all the change.

Bring on Planet Death!
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

I think Trill survived and will become de facto leader of the Vine plantings/survivors on Earth. Sets him up as a long term villain. Plus Venditti said on twitter today he enjoys writing him the most of any new character.

I also think Gafti's consciousness may survive in Shanhara. I have this feeling the armor can absorb/download consciousness of those who wear her (is she still a her?).
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    I think Trill survived and will become de facto leader of the Vine plantings/survivors on Earth. Sets him up as a long term villain. Plus Venditti said on twitter today he enjoys writing him the most of any new character.

I also think Gafti's consciousness may survive in Shanhara. I have this feeling the armor can absorb/download consciousness of those who wear her (is she still a her?).
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post

We could create little ribbons we could sell for a buck and run a "Save Trill" campaign outside of Valiant's headquarters......

Just a wild, quality issue. I love how the armor took on a different rigid, nasty, somewhat unfinished, form when Gafti entered it. Really cool stuff. One of the best comics on the stands.
    Marvel: Hickman's Avengers books
    DC: Azzarello's WonderWoman
    Valiant: X-O Manowar
    Other: Hellboy, Fables, Spawn, Savage Dragon, Prophet