Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I became a fan of Remender after reading his run on Venom, and his work on Cap reminds me a lot of Fear Agent. Loving it and I can't wait for next month.

Yeah Cap is in a messed situation, that is only going to get worst. And Cap being a parent to a kid, never guessed I would see that.
    And not to go off topic the part with young Steve and his mother, show why he could never go along with some of the options in New Avengers.
    It is not about him being right it is just who he is, and big shot out to Rick for taking Cap to a place he never been before.
    Last edited by timeismoney; 02-23-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars 'N Stripes View Post
    If solicitations are to be believe, things are about to hit the fan for Cap.
    Yeah, I'm not surprised. It's all pretty grim right now. Remender has given him a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel (the map), so you just know it's all going to get worse from here. Hahaha.

I'm actually fully chuffed that Remender is on both this and my other favorite Marvel book, Uncanny Avengers. My favorite characters are getting put through the wringer, and it makes for hella good reading. :D
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

I see this ending two ways, either Ian dies or Ian says behind and becomes the new Lord of Dimension Z. I say this because if he dies people are going to start talking about those "Batman/Captain America Coincidences." Though really, Cap never seems to have much luck with unofficial children (RIP Nomad) so I don't see much of an opportunity for Ian to play any decent roles in the future of the marvel universe the way. That said, when it is all said and done I suspect that it's really about Steve coming to terms with the fact that maybe he is ready to settle down and potentially start a family. Boy, wouldn't it suck if he comes out of this ready to say yes to Sharon's proposal and she was killed while he was away?

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    That said, when it is all said and done I suspect that it's really about Steve coming to terms with the fact that maybe he is ready to settle down and potentially start a family.
    Given that Sharon's proposal transforms an ordinary subway stop into the gateway to a wild timeless fantasy world full of children with awful fathers...that sounds exactly right. Fits the flashbacks too.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Boy, wouldn't it suck if he comes out of this ready to say yes to Sharon's proposal and she was killed while he was away?
    That would be rough, but remember what happened back when Sharon was expecting? Their domestic prospects do have a way of turning very ugly very fast. Of course, the plot can circle back for the O. Henry finish without a death. What happens if some tragic business with Ian convinces Steve that he could never protect a family from the danger that follows him (a little bit of Spiderthink) and then Sharon hands him an infant when he discovers that decades in Dimension X took only nine months on earth. What says "America" like a shotgun wedding?

I love this version of Captain America. In fact, it's the first time I can say I've loved Captain America in a long, long time!

I feel like Ian is going to die, but I really hope he makes it out of this alive.

I know he won't be bucky or anything like that, but I'd love for him to join the FF after this is all over. You know him and Bentley would hit it off instantly.

Curios in Dimension Z. Did not Steve start raising Ian as a infant and now how old is the kid now? Some years have passed there then right? I imagine time goes by to them normal there but to the Main Stream Verse not much time at all has passed?

At least the SSS will keep Steve youthful or that God forsaken Hydra formula from WW2 that he was injected with(the immortal formula).
    Last edited by Saotome; 02-26-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saotome View Post
    Curios in Dimension Z. Did not Steve start raising Ian as a infant and now how old is the kid now? Some years have passed there then right? I imagine time goes by to them normal there but to the Main Stream Verse not much time at all has passed?

At least the SSS will keep Steve youthful or that God forsaken Hydra formula from WW2 that he was injected with(the immortal formula).
    I know issue #2 stated a time jump of one year, but it seems to me that there has to have been more time since then.

I also would argue that Steve is practically immortal. I recently ran some calculations based on a previous story, and if the rate of aging I found there is consistent, he wouldn't die of old age until well into the 3000s.

Though, it's hard to say what effect being infused with Zola technology is having. I imagine it's aging him somewhat, just based on how he looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I know issue #2 stated a time jump of one year, but it seems to me that there has to have been more time since then.

I also would argue that Steve is practically immortal. I recently ran some calculations based on a previous story, and if the rate of aging I found there is consistent, he wouldn't die of old age until well into the 3000s.

Though, it's hard to say what effect being infused with Zola technology is having. I imagine it's aging him somewhat, just based on how he looks.
    Yeah I remember a issue with Sersi and Diamondback speaking about Steve. Sersi a eternal with the ability for molecular control(she has used her abilities on Steve in the past) noted to Diamondback that she can wait indefinitley until she wins Steve over. As she state Steve will maintain his youth. While Diamonback wouldn't have such luxury. The SSS aging process is strong indeed.

But then another writer also had Cap receive the hydra immortal serum injection(during WW2) for explaining Cap's eternal like life span. Which to me is just silly since the SSS was enough. But......whatever.