View Poll Results: What is your pick for the best DC book this week?

Voters
69. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Action Comics 17

10 14.49%
  • Batwoman 17

9 13.04%
  • Birds of Prey 17

1 1.45%
  • Catwoman 17

1 1.45%
  • Green Lantern 17

3 4.35%
  • Green Lantern Corps 17

0 0%
  • Green Lantern: New Guardians 17

0 0%
  • Justice League 17

8 11.59%
  • Justice League of America 1

14 20.29%
  • Justice League of America's Vibe 1

6 8.70%
  • Legion of Superheroes 17

3 4.35%
  • Nightwing 17

0 0%
  • Red Hood and the Outlaws 17

3 4.35%
  • Supergirl 17

2 2.90%
  • Wonder Woman 17

9 13.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DC Book of the Week - February 20, 2013 Edition

Due to delays and rescheduling, this week had 17 regular New 52 books, which presents a problem as CBR allows polls with a maximum of 15 options. The way I decided to do the poll was to drop DC Universe Presents and Sword of Sorcery on the basis that those books are already cancelled, which would reflect low demand; it was the only objective way I could find to drop two books.

As always, post your choice and/or rankings, and if you want to vote for a book not listed, post that title.
    Last edited by El Sombrero; 02-20-2013 at 09:47 PM.

My rankings, best to worst:

Justice League - massive issue
    Justice League of America - great debut
    Green Lantern - fascinating final arc set up
    Sword of Sorcery - strong return to form
    Justice League of America's Vibe - decent but unspectacular
    Action Comics - weak, feels like Morrison is phoning it in

BANNED

OTHER. Injustice #6 easily topped every book this week. maybe this whole month. Luddites can find it on dead tree in Injustice #2.

http://www.comicvine.com/injustice-g...s-6/92-751752/
    Last edited by MichaelPaytonMZ; 02-20-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Legion of Superheroes
    Batwoman
    Action Comics
    Wonder Woman
    Justice League America
    Green Lantern
    Justice League
    New Guardians
    DC Universe Presents
    Vibe
    Nightwing
    Supergirl
    GLC

Haven't had a chance to read Red Hood or Catwoman yet.

Now with Marvel,etc

Legion of Superheroes
    Saga
    Batwoman
    Action Comics
    Thor
    Wonder Woman
    Justice League America
    XO ManoWar
    Green Lantern
    Justice League
    Indestructible Hulk
    New Guardians
    Avengers
    DC Universe Presents
    Vibe
    Nightwing
    Supergirl
    GLC
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

You put Avengers before JL? I haven't kept up with the book because of 3.99+ double ship, but that's surprising.

haven't read everything yet - got a huge pile of books this week - but i'd imagine nothing from DC tops Justice League #17. although JLA #1 came pretty close.

This week's Supergirl was the best issue of the "H'El on Earth" crossover, and one of the best Supergirl issues to date. On any other week it would be my hands down winner, but Justice League was absolutely phenomenal. Nothing's gonna come close to topping that.

Also picked up Justice League of America and Vibe. Both were solid but a little formulaic. I'll be holding on to both of them for a little while to see how they develop.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    You put Avengers before JL? I haven't kept up with the book because of 3.99+ double ship, but that's surprising.
    You mean I put JL before Avengers?

Avengers is going to be the better piece of work well all is said and done, but Hickman does not put much into the individual issues; here we got a sort of pseudo origin for the Captain Universe entity that was basically the kind of lazy character work I'd expect from Johns (she lost her daughter, feel bad for her, we won't do any work in establishing who she is!), we got some deeply unlikeable characterization for 3 of our members, and then we got a reveal that we had all known about for weeks already, that "Adam" was "Nightmask".

I'm not impressed.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

Wonder Woman got my vote. Have to confess that the Shadow: Year One and the Black Beetle were the absolutely best things I read this week. Justice League of America and Justice League were both very good, but I liked the others more. Action Comics felt rushed, narrative wise ("let's tie this all up now" kind of thing). And Hellblazer was just a limp ending to one of the greatest running series of the past 20-30 years. Really, that was the best send off they could come up with?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    You mean I put JL before Avengers?

Avengers is going to be the better piece of work well all is said and done, but Hickman does not put much into the individual issues; here we got a sort of pseudo origin for the Captain Universe entity that was basically the kind of lazy character work I'd expect from Johns (she lost her daughter, feel bad for her, we won't do any work in establishing who she is!), we got some deeply unlikeable characterization for 3 of our members, and then we got a reveal that we had all known about for weeks already, that "Adam" was "Nightmask".

I'm not impressed.
    Yeah sorry that's what I meant.

Hopefully the run will read better when it's collected and in retrospect, since that's how I'll read it.

I suspect it will.

As a monthly (or bi weekly) thing, I'm a little bitter when 3/20 pages are just repeats of narrative we've already gotten in previous issues (and repeats of itself). Everything this issue -- anything we learned -- anyone following along already knew (or at least I did). Nothing surprising or revelational, which is fine if we're doing vital character work, but we weren't.

Hickman even nicks the "this Earth is the axis of the multiverse" thing from Johns' DC work (not that Johns made it up).

My favourites of this week:

Action Comics
    Supergirl
    Justice League Of America
    Justice League
    Green Lantern
    Batwoman
    Injustice: Gods Among Us #6

Injustice #6 slightly over Wonder Woman #17.

Quote Originally Posted by Volkditty View Post
    This week's Supergirl was the best issue of the "H'El on Earth" crossover, and one of the best Supergirl issues to date. On any other week it would be my hands down winner, but Justice League was absolutely phenomenal. Nothing's gonna come close to topping that.

Also picked up Justice League of America and Vibe. Both were solid but a little formulaic. I'll be holding on to both of them for a little while to see how they develop.
    I pretty much agree with this, except didn't read Vibe. Instead, in addition to SG, JL and JLA I read Green Lantern which again just seemed like a preview/setup of things to come.

Still have to read Wonder Woman and Action Comics, but since neither tend to blow me away any given issue I'm pretty sure it will be a decision between JL and SG. So far though, a pretty solid week for DC and some good competition for favourite book this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I suspect it will.

As a monthly (or bi weekly) thing, I'm a little bitter when 3/20 pages are just repeats of narrative we've already gotten in previous issues (and repeats of itself). Everything this issue -- anything we learned -- anyone following along already knew (or at least I did). Nothing surprising or revelational, which is fine if we're doing vital character work, but we weren't.

Hickman even nicks the "this Earth is the axis of the multiverse" thing from Johns' DC work (not that Johns made it up).
    That's exactly how I feel. So damn unrewarding following it this way.

Anyhow, still got a couple more comics to read (Wonder Woman, MLP Micro Series, etc.) and then I'll vote. Still, I'm pretty sure none of them will be better than the comic I'm thinking of.