Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

I found this.

It's basically Jim Lee's New 52 costume and the TDKR one through a blender. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I found this.

It's basically Jim Lee's New 52 costume and the TDKR one through a blender. Works for me.
    That IS pretty cool!

I don't care what the suit looks like, so long as Batman can move. Michael Keaton lumbered around like the Frankenstein monster and couldn't turn his head. Bale could hardly move his arms and they hid his lack of mobility behind shaky cams and closeups of his torso.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    Stallone and Urban, when they wore the helmet, had the ability to see all around them while wearing the helmet. Batman's mask doesn't allow for that, because the eye holes are so small. The actors can barely see and putting lenses in isn't going to help. That's why they're not present. Even Ben Affleck had trouble while playing DD. Also, I suggest watching those films and cartoons again. Batman often has to act angry, if he isn't angry, when he's in costume.
    The actors in the old Ninja Turtle movies couldn't see at all either. I don't care for the practicality of it or actor woes. With training and choreography they can make it work. Urban was angry in Dredd and not seeing his eyes wasn't a big deal at all so how does it not apply to this too? It should be wide shots when he's in the suit anyway, not TV angles where they zoom two inches to his face. Dialogue, delivery and interaction with other characters make the movie, not facial expressions. Eyes aren't the only thing you use to express emotion. There's also plenty of opportunity to show him with the cowl off if it's a decent Batman script.

Quote Originally Posted by torysac58 View Post
    I always thought that Lee Bermejo's take on Batman would work perfectly in a film.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly...cq1co1_500.jpg
    I prefer that look as well. The original Batman Inc/prereboot suit was like that too. It's more of a cloth-type of overlay on top of light padding/plating (if any at all).
    Last edited by bilwit; 02-24-2013 at 11:00 PM.
    No, but you don't understand, it's Batman written by Scott Snyder! You have to love it! 5 stars all around!

I think all black is going to be the norm for Batman films. As soon as you put grey in people are going to come out of the woodwork and say it doesn't make sense anad makes him a target. Likewise, it's impracticle. We are far beyond using tights or cloth for the main suit. So it's going to look dumb if he goes out of the way to make them less stealthy/scary.

Quote Originally Posted by bilwit View Post
    The actors in the old Ninja Turtle movies couldn't see at all either.
    But the Turtles have eyes in the films and cartoons, whereas the comics present them without their eyes.

I don't care for the practicality of it or actor woes. With training and choreography they can make it work.
    Why don't you try it and see how you fare.

Urban was angry in Dredd and not seeing his eyes wasn't a big deal at all so how does it not apply to this too? It should be wide shots when he's in the suit anyway, not TV angles where they zoom two inches to his face. Dialogue, delivery and interaction with other characters make the movie, not facial expressions. Eyes aren't the only thing you use to express emotion. There's also plenty of opportunity to show him with the cowl off if it's a decent Batman script.
    All actors rely on eyes and facial expressions to convey emotion. As to seeing their faces, it is important to know that it is them and not a stuntman doing the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    I think all black is going to be the norm for Batman films. As soon as you put grey in people are going to come out of the woodwork and say it doesn't make sense anad makes him a target. Likewise, it's impracticle. We are far beyond using tights or cloth for the main suit. So it's going to look dumb if he goes out of the way to make them less stealthy/scary.
    Honestly you could kinda make the case that maybe grey works better in urban environments? I dunno, I know i'm reaching.

Or you could go the new frontier route. Have him start with an all black imposing suit, put him into a situation where the person he's trying to save (kid probably) is completely terrified of him, then have him come out with a new suit as a result.

KAPOW! BOFF! THWACK! Endless Flight's Avatar

If they were going for realism, why was his mouth exposed? It's easier for him to be subjected to a gas attack.
    "DC editors in the sixties would have scoffed at the notion of a "brilliant" comic book. It was an oxymoron." - Jim Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    Honestly you could kinda make the case that maybe grey works better in urban environments? I dunno, I know i'm reaching.

Or you could go the new frontier route. Have him start with an all black imposing suit, put him into a situation where the person he's trying to save (kid probably) is completely terrified of him, then have him come out with a new suit as a result.
    Actually, wearing black to blend into the night doesn't work too well, because the night is rarely PITCH black. An all black suit shows up in your vision as a big empty hole. So, urban environments or no, grey is actually a better color choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post

All actors rely on eyes and facial expressions to convey emotion. As to seeing their faces, it is important to know that it is them and not a stuntman doing the work.
    Not quite all- I thought Hugo Weaving did quite well using nothing but his voice in "V for Vendetta." Not one inch of him was exposed in that costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Cuthbert View Post
    I detest the suit in Nolan's trilogy. I really want a more "Batman" looking suit. Even if we have to go back to rubber.
    Resurrecting this thread just because this whole preference of Bale's Batman outfit really bothers me. Seriously, it was a shitty looking Batman look, each and every movie. BB to TDKR. Yeah, you had the trademark qualities of the pointy ears, symbol, utility belt and the iconic cape, but man did he look ridiculous each and every time he was on screen.

Keaton's Batman outfit for life!
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

I'll be very disappointed if they went with the rubber/armour look again. I don't see any reason why they can't go with some sort of hi-tech liquid/nanotech "armour" that can harden on registering an impact. It allows for maximum flexibility if they want to show a more acrobatic Bats, eliminates the bulky look of past films, and frees them up to really have any design they want. And more importantly for me, I think, it returns to Batman the idea that he's an almost supernatural creature in the minds of criminals. That he's unstoppable; that he take a bullet and keep going. Something sorely missing in Nolan's movies (save BB), when he looks like what he really is: just a dude in commando-like armour that can be overpowered with enough firepower.

My preference would be for something along the lines of Earth One or pre-New 52 Inc:

If we can just avoid bobble head Batman I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    Resurrecting this thread just because this whole preference of Bale's Batman outfit really bothers me. Seriously, it was a shitty looking Batman look, each and every movie. BB to TDKR. Yeah, you had the trademark qualities of the pointy ears, symbol, utility belt and the iconic cape, but man did he look ridiculous each and every time he was on screen.

Keaton's Batman outfit for life!
    Thank you. It really puzzled me a bit that I saw so little criticism for the outfit. It's terrible. I see no reason why an exact live-action replica of New52 Batman, Batman Earth 1 or Batman Arkham Asylum/City couldn't be made with ease. One of the main problems with the current mask is that it's too rounded and bulbous. Lenses would be great, but I'd be happy with this being a feature of the cowl at least some of the time--say like in the games during "detective mode."

A more "clothy" look would work even better if the right design team was on the job. With the materials we have today, you don't need to go to extremes "It's either bulky armor or 1970's spandex!" Come on.
    "I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler."--Jack "King" Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    I'll be very disappointed if they went with the rubber/armour look again. I don't see any reason why they can't go with some sort of hi-tech liquid/nanotech "armour" that can harden on registering an impact. It allows for maximum flexibility if they want to show a more acrobatic Bats, eliminates the bulky look of past films, and frees them up to really have any design they want. And more importantly for me, I think, it returns to Batman the idea that he's an almost supernatural creature in the minds of criminals. That he's unstoppable; that he take a bullet and keep going. Something sorely missing in Nolan's movies (save BB), when he looks like what he really is: just a dude in commando-like armour that can be overpowered with enough firepower.

My preference would be for something along the lines of Earth One or pre-New 52 Inc:

Yeah, I'm fine with a cloth-looking suit, with the idea that there is some sort of armor underneath.

We got a lot of explanation for the gear in the Nolan Batman movies, which was cool, but I don't think we need to do that again. Just have him in his suit, we don't need to know how and why it works.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor