Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default THE BAT SIGNAL: Higgins Takes "Nightwing" in a New Direction

Dick Grayson is heading to Chicago for new villains and new romance as "Nightwing" writer Kyle Higgins explains how he and Brett Booth are reinventing the series post-"Death of the Family."

Full article here.

BANNED

It doesn't sound like he's going to change the style of the book, just the story.

Meh.

Brett and I are building a whole mythology around that city. The idea is that there used to be masks in Chicago, but there aren't anymore. There haven't been any in several years because they're all dead. So there's this whole world-building aspect of the city being afraid of masks and not wanting them there. When Nightwing shows up, he's moving to a town that doesn't want him. And what happened to the former masks and how they died are all questions Nightwing will be faced with.

Admittedly that actually sounds pretty interesting but I've been burned over Higgins' interviews not really reflecting his actual book before.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Im game for Chicago. Its cold over here, but it is something new, and pretty much a blank slate in the DCU. Just please DC, don't drop a giant Chemo on me. And i think Booth coming on is naturally gonna change the style of the book. So im looking forward to seeing him on it. I think his style fits well for Nightwing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-20-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Something specific to Chicago, eh? I'm guessing Nightwing will be investigating the Curse of the Billy Goat. Hilarity will ensure, I'm sure.

Pfft, Cubs suck. Case closed

Then that's the radical new direction. Dick becomes a Cubs fan.

Nightwing going to Chi-Town? Maybe he'll fight Chief Keef and the Black Disciples while he's there

I guess this is Chicago then.

Quote Originally Posted by sidekick77 View Post
    Then that's the radical new direction. Dick becomes a Cubs fan.
    Thats not even funny man . Besides Dick likes Hockey, and the Blackhawks are crushing it right now.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-20-2013 at 02:40 PM.

You know, I really hope this book gets to float on it's own now that we can finally leave DotF behind. It has sparks of potential, but it keeps getting roped back in. Let the birdy fly, damnit! I'll be on for 19 with Booth and hopefully the crossovers/tie-ins will be minimal for the next year.

Still, Chicago feels random and the whole "there is more to the city than you think" thing was covered to death in the Owls event, but Booth gives me some hope the title can turn around. His art is at least something new and fresh. Would like Dick to finally get himself some friends though, especially after how close Jason has become with his former ones. Making friends shouldn't be too challenging... right?

But I'll hold out hope for that new JLI series too. If that is actually a thing I can read Nightwing there. He's always been more interesting when he had other strong heroes to interact with and play off of, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I guess this is Chicago then.
    I read on Booth's blog that pic was just a practice drawing to get him ready for the Nightwing series, so I don't think it is any indication of what is in store for the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Still, Chicago feels random and the whole "there is more to the city than you think" thing was covered to death in the Owls event, but Booth gives me some hope the title can turn around. His art is at least something new and fresh. Would like Dick to finally get himself some friends though, especially after how close Jason has become with his former ones. Making friends shouldn't be too challenging... right?

But I'll hold out hope for that new JLI series too. If that is actually a thing I can read Nightwing there. He's always been more interesting when he had other strong heroes to interact with and play off of, imo.
    Bludhaven was random too at first, but then a case pulled him in and well the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I read on Booth's blog that pic was just a practice drawing to get him ready for the Nightwing series, so I don't think it is any indication of what is in store for the series.
    Look at the billboards.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Bludhaven was random too at first, but then a case pulled him in and well the rest is history.

Look at the billboards.
    Well, in my experience at least, Chicago has the best pizza! ;)

This sort of thing all depends on where it goes, but it is certainly an opportunity to do something fun that's all Grayson's.

Oh, the NO-CAPES sign makes sense now.